Several dental issues can affect our lives from time to time if we do not take proper care of our teeth. Some dental problems require timely treatment, for which you need to visit an orthodontist. There are a number of orthodontists in Dubai, and finding the right one can be a daunting task. However, some tips can be followed to find the best match for your dental problems.
Table of Contents
This blog post explains how to find an orthodontist and what qualities a person should consider while finding an orthodontist in Dubai.
Due to medical advances instigated by the unique needs of people, dentistry is evolving. This branch of medical science is further divided into different sub-specialties, and orthodontics is a notable one.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that studies the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of misaligned jaws and teeth. Dentofacial orthopedics (the study of modifying facial growth) is a part of orthodontics.
Who is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is a dental surgeon who specializes in orthodontics. They require an additional two to three years of training in an orthodontic residency program after dental school. You can visit an orthodontist for the following problems:
- Misaligned teeth or jaws
- Crooked Teeth
- Irregular bite patterns (overbite or underbite)
- Crowded teeth
You will find many orthodontists in Dubai, but different orthodontists have different levels of experience and training. Due to this reason, some of them can deliver better results than others.
Qualities To Check in Your Orthodontist
If you are looking forward to hiring an orthodontist in Dubai, you should look for the following qualities:
- Qualification and Training: It all starts with a medical degree and additional training. Both are important to make a dentist skillful and qualified. After qualification comes board certification. Always opt for a board-certified orthodontist.
- Experience and Reputation: Both are important to make sure your orthodontist is an expert and can handle any problem. A vast experience enables the orthodontist to deal with any kind of complexity. Reputation shows if the patients are also satisfied with the services of the orthodontist. Always check if the orthodontist you have chosen has a good reputation in the market.
- Reviews from the Past Patients: You can get in touch with past patients to know their views about an orthodontist. Testimonials of past patients are essential to determine the expertise of an orthodontist.
- Passion and Up-to-Date Knowledge: Some dentists are passionate about orthodontics, and they can be a better option.
- Personality and Attention to Details: If an orthodontist is friendly and pays attention to details, they are more likely to understand your problem.
Finding The Right Orthodontist: Key Takeaways
Finding an expert orthodontist is a challenging task. If an orthodontist meets the checklist mentioned above, he is the right option for you. However, the right orthodontist will charge more than the others. Therefore, do not mind paying a little extra money to a certified and experienced orthodontist if you want quality results. At Euromed® Clinic, we have a team of board-certified and experienced orthodontists who ensure you get effective solutions to your dental problems. You can book an appointment with our orthodontists if you want to diagnose, prevent, and correct misaligned jaws and teeth. For this purpose, please fill in the consultation form given below or call us.