What Is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia Areata refers to the disease that causes hair to fall and create small patches on that specific area. This disease develops when immune system attacks on the hair follicles and results in hair loss. There is the possibility of sudden hair loss on the scalp & also some other parts of the body. Only sometimes, the treatment causes complete hair loss or it happens with the passage of time. In the initial stages, you get bald patches on the skin specifically on the scalp and goatee area. You may get the growth of your hair on the affected area but they can also fall back. However, the extent of hair loss and hair growth may vary from individual to individual.
What Is Alopecia Areata Beard?
Usually, males get this disease on the beard area. When you get bald patches on the beard, it may refer as alopecia areata beard or alopecia barbea. Read on to know more about the causes and possible treatment plans.
In males, the following causes may lead to alopecia areata in the beard. Have a look!
- Male Auto-Immune Syndrome – It refers to the undesired reaction of the immune system against your own body cells. By mistake, your immune system considers your hair follicles as the foreign bodies that may harm the body. Antibodies collect in a patch and attack the hair follicles on the specific area. As a result, you get a detachment of the hair follicle in that area.
- Heredity – If your family history contains people suffering from this disease, then you may also get it. Genetic factors are the great contributors to this situation.
- Psychological Conditions – Other conditions such as stress, depression, and anxiety also serve as a cause of hair loss or developing alopecia in males.
- Other Conditions – Excessive use of chemicals for your hair, hormonal imbalances, extreme physical strain, allergic reactions, and environmental abnormalities are some other conditions that may lead you towards this disease.
Currently, there is no exact Alopecia Areata treatment. However, treatment options are available that may cause hair growth in the targeted area. Also, it depends on the severity of the problem. Some people ignore bald patches and other symptoms in the initial stages and they try to get the treatment in the last stage, in such a situation, treating your problem becomes difficult. So, you should monitor your health on a daily basis and consult a hair expert or your doctor if you feel anything bad is happening to you.
Possible Treatment Options
Following are the possible options that may assist you in hair loss treatment.
- Steroid cream and injections
- Topical creams and medications as Minoxidil, Anthralin, and Tacrolimus.
- UV ray therapy
- PRP therapy
- Hair transplant
- Creams, gel, or corticosteroids injections
Schedule A Consultation
Before making any decision, it is necessary to make a consultation with your doctor. In most of the cases, you need to get the treatment of your alopecia before moving towards hair growth on that area. So, getting help will assist you to make a better decision. What are you waiting for? Euromed Clinic is providing an opportunity to make an appointment for free. Simply fill the following form and that’s it. One of our experts will get back to you to book your session. Good luck!