Understanding Alopecia Areata
The word alopecia simply means hair loss. Alopecia Areata is a medical condition where hair falls out in round patches. Besides the scalp, this problem can also occur to the body hair. Different types of hair loss occurs due to alopecia areata. These types have different names and they can be of three types:
- Alopecia areata (hair loss in patches)
- Alopecia totalis (complete scalp hair loss)
- Alopecia universalis (complete body hair loss)
Causes of Alopecia Areata
Different research studies shows that this hair loss condition is not contagious and it has nothing to do with nerves. In fact, the immune system damages the hair follicle which results in the hair loss. Unlike the common perception, this issue is mostly suffered by the healthy people.
- Family History: It often runs in families. If one of your parents has it, you may also suffer from it.
- Stressful Event: suffering from too much stress is a common cause of alopecia areata.
- Radiation Therapy: The hair loss can occur due to the radiation therapy and similar treatments.
- Supplements & Medications: The hair loss often takes places as a side effect of different drug.
- Specific Hairstyles & Treatments: Some treatments and lifestyle choices can cause this issue.
- Medical Conditions & Hormonal Changes: This condition can take place due to hormonal chances and medical conditions.
Treatment for Alopecia Areata
There are some diagnosis technique that can be used to make sure if your hair loss is due to alopecia areata. Once confirmed, one of the following options can be used by a doctor to get rid of it safely and effectively:
- Medications: Here, drugs such as Finasteride (Propecia), Minoxidil (Rogaine), and others are used under supervision of an expert.
- Laser Therapy: A low-level laser device (FDA-approved) is used here to fix the hereditary hair loss in men and women. This therapy is safe and effective.
- Hair Transplant: It is a famous method for hair restoration that always works provided a qualified and experienced professional has been chosen.
- Lifestyle Changes: There are home remedies and lifestyle change options as well that can work well for an individual. Please note only authentic items must be used to be on the safer side.
Want More Details?
In the end, we can say that alopecia areata in men and women can be treated by using latest techniques. If you are suffering from the hair loss, consult our doctor to know your options. Book your appointment by calling our number or filling the online form and let’s solve your hair loss problem.Feel free to use our chat box to:
- Just say hi to us 🙂
- Book a treatment
- Book an appointment
- Check our latest offer.