Alopecia areata is a hair loss type that affects both men and women and has different causes. The patients start losing hair in patches. For most of the victims of alopecia areata, a wig is the most convenient option. However, you do not have to limit yourself to a wig if you suffer from this kind of baldness. Free yourself of worries and wigs by considering the latest alopecia areata treatments available in the market.
Table of Contents
Continue reading if you want to know about the causes and treatments for alopecia areata.
Understanding Alopecia Areata
The word alopecia simply means hair loss. There are different types of alopecia, and one of them is known as alopecia areata. Alopecia Areata is a medical condition where hairs fall out in round patches. Besides the scalp, this problem can also occur in other body areas like the beard, eyebrows, and eyelashes.
Among the total number of people suffering from alopecia areata, only 5% experience a complete body or scalp hair loss. In some people, the hairs start growing again after falling out, but in some cases, this particular type of hair loss lasts for a few years.
Alopecia Areata occurs due to different reasons, but certain hair loss treatments can be considered to get rid of this condition.
Causes of Alopecia Areata
Different research studies show that this hair loss condition is not contagious and has nothing to do with nerves. It is an auto-immune disorder in which the body’s immune system damages the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss. Mentioned below are some common causes of alopecia areata:
- Family History: It often runs in families. If your parents have alopecia, you may also suffer from it.
- Stress and Anxiety: Suffering from too much stress is also a common cause of alopecia areata.
- Auto-immune diseases: If you suffer from atopy, thyroiditis, vitiligo, lupus, and ulcerative colitis, you are more likely to have alopecia areata.
Treatment for Alopecia Areata
Some diagnostic techniques can be used to identify if your hair loss is due to alopecia areata. Once confirmed, one of the following options can be used by the doctor to treat alopecia areata safely and effectively:
- Medications: Drugs such as Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine) can be used under the supervision of an expert for alopecia areata treatment.
- Laser Therapy: A low-level laser device (FDA-approved) is used to treat the hereditary causes of alopecia areata in men and women. Laser hair loss therapy is safe and effective.
- Hair Transplant: It is a famous method for hair restoration that always works provided a qualified and experienced professional has been chosen.
- Lifestyle Changes: There are some home remedies and lifestyle changes that can also help treat alopecia areata. Please note only authentic products must be used with the doctor’s recommendation to be on the safer side.
Want More Details?
Hence, we can say that alopecia areata can be treated by using the latest techniques. You can choose a suitable option for yourself after consulting with an expert. At Euromed® Clinic Center, we have highly qualified hair experts who can guide you about your problem and the treatment options in detail. Please book your appointment by calling our provided number or filling in the online form to solve your hair loss problem.