An increasing number of people suffer from hair thinning, balding, or hair loss in the UAE. A percentage of people living in Dubai often complain that they struggle with chronic hair loss. But what is the reason behind it? Why do people experience hair loss in Dubai? Here are the actual reasons for hair loss in Dubai and some common options for hair loss treatment.
Table of Contents
Hair Thinning and Hair Loss
Hair loss or hair thinning problems exist all over the world. However, it has been found that the problem is progressing rapidly in the UAE. Losing less than 100 hair strands per day is normal, but losing more than 100 hair strands points towards active hair loss.
When a person starts losing more hair than what he is actually growing, it means hair thinning is starting. Hair thinning can lead to baldness if not treated timely. There are a variety of reasons for abnormal hair loss, and it is possible to stop it. Here are some common reasons for abnormal hair loss.
Common Reasons for Hair Loss
Here are some notable reasons for hair loss:
- Age: It is one of the main reasons for hair loss. As you age, your hair becomes weak and starts falling out abnormally.
- Stress: Taking too much stress can also cause hair loss. It can be any stress such as work-related stress, social or peer pressure, etc.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Many changes occur in the human body due to hormonal imbalance. One of these significant changes is hair loss.
- Dramatic Weight Loss: If a person loses too much weight in a short period of time, he can experience hair loss.
- Iron deficiency/Anemia: The body needs a particular amount of iron to perform different functions. The lack of the required amount of iron can cause hair loss.
- Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism: The thyroid disease is common in men and women all over the world and can cause hair thinning as well.
- Medications: The most common side effect of medications is hair loss. If you feel that a particular medicine is causing hair loss, consult with an expert.
How to Treat Hair Loss?
Several clinical treatments can help you overcome hair thinning and hair loss. Some common treatments available for hair loss are:
Mesotherapy – It involves injecting a blend of vitamins and antioxidants into the scalp that stimulates hair growth.
PRP Therapy – PRP injections are effective against alopecia areata, which is a hair loss condition. It involves injecting plasma into the scalp that promotes hair growth.
Low-Level Laser Therapy – A diode low-level laser beam activates the weak follicles that stimulate hair re-growth and stop hair loss.
Minoxidil – It is a medicine commonly used to treat hair loss and thinning. Minoxidil is available in the form of solution and foam and is applied to the scalp.
ACell Therapy – A mixture of PRP and ACell matristem is injected into the scalp that reduces hair thinning.
The hair care experts choose a hair loss treatment based on the severity of the problem and the condition of your scalp. At Euromed Clinic Center Dubai, our dermatologists are well-versed in solving hair loss problems no matter what causes them.
If you lose more than 100 hair strands per day, you must consider an effective and advanced hair loss treatment to avoid baldness. Please get in touch with us if you want to know how we solve a variety of hair thinning or hair loss problems. One of our hair care experts will guide you about the possible hair loss treatments that are effective for you. Call us or fill in the short online form to book a consultation session with one of our hair care experts.