You may know there are different stages of cancer and early detection is crucial to treat the disease. Cancer has minor symptoms at the beginning, which worsen and become more dangerous to your health as the disease progresses and so it is best to avail of any early diagnosis. Different screening tests are available to diagnose different cancers. We use different techniques to perform cancer screening in Dubai. Want to learn more? Please feel free to continue reading.
Screening Tests for Cancers
Cancer is a complex life-threatening disease that is, unfortunately, on the rise in recent years. To help people prevent, diagnose, and treat cancers safely and effectively, scientists have identified symptoms, screening tests, and treatments. The goals for a screening test are:
- To reduce the advancement of different types of cancer.
- To properly diagnose the nature and severity of cancer.
Types Of Screening Tests
The symptoms and screening of different cancers are different. This means we have different tests for cancer screening in Dubai to diagnose different types of cancers.
Let’s discuss notable screening tests for common cancers:
- Mammography: It is a type of X-ray aims at viewing the internal breast tissues. The images produced after this screening test show any irregularities and tumors.
- Breast Self-Examination: A self-exam is recommended for all women once a month. Just viewing in a mirror and touching gently can highlight any changes.
- Clinical Breast Examination: Here, a professional observes the breasts by looking and touching the breasts. A professional can detect minor changes in shape and size.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Though not common for this purpose, it can help women who suffer from dense breasts and lumps.
- Pap Test: A sample of cells from the outer side of the cervix are obtained to be examined by a pathologist.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Testing: By rubbing, cells from the outer side of the cervix are obtained to be tested for specific strains of HPV.
- Colonoscopy: A doctor inserts a colonoscope into the rectum so that the entire colon can be checked properly.
- Sigmoidoscopy: A doctor uses sigmoidoscope to check the lower colon for cancer and growths.
- Stool DNA Tests: The analysis of DNA from the stool can help determine if colonoscopy is required.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT): Here, a professional looks for any blood (a sign of growths) in the feces.
- Double Contrast Barium Enema: This is simply an X-ray of rectum and colon. If a person cannot have a colonoscopy, this is a good option.
Head and Neck Cancers
- General Health Screening Examination: To check for abnormalities, the doctor looks in the mouth, throat, and nose. Routine dental checkups can detect neck and head cancers.
- Low-Dose Helical or Spiral Computed Tomography (CT) Scan: Using an X-ray machine, a CT scan creates a 3D image of the internal organs of the body. Afterward, a computer program combines pictures to create a cross-sectional view, highlighting abnormalities (if any are present).
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE): A doctor inserts a gloved lubricated finger into the rectum of a man. By doing this, the doctor checks for irregularities by feeling the surface of the prostate.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test: PSA is a substance and PSA test is a blood test to measure the level of PSA. Please note that men with prostate cancer usually have a higher level of PSA.
- Dermoscopy: A device helps the doctor to examine pigmentation and lesions.
- Complete Skin Examination: During this, a doctor looks for the symptoms of skin cancer.
- Skin Self-Examination: All of us should perform a routine self-exam in front of a large mirror.
Risks Of Screening
Though screening tests are crucial because they help detect cancer at an early and treatable stage, some risks are possible in rare cases. Our experts make sure people prevent the following when they undergo a cancer screening in Dubai:
- False positives
- Increased testing
- False reassurance
Recommendations for Cancer Screening
Experts recommend that you know the answer to the following questions before appearing for a cancer screening in Dubai:
- How often screening tests should be done?
- At what age screening should begin and end?
- Which type of cancer people should be screened for?
- What happens if the screening shows positive results?
- What are the options for screening for a particular type of cancer?
Cost of Cancer Screening in Dubai
The cost is a major concern for most of us. Different clinics and labs charge a different price for a cancer screening test. Unlike many other clinics, however, given its expertise Euromed Clinic Center Dubai charges a reasonable price for different cancer screening tests. If you want to know the exact cost of cancer screening in Dubai, please feel free to get in touch.
Please feel free to book a consultation session if you need more information.
Book an Appointment Now
If you are interested in knowing more about cancer screening in Dubai, please do not hesitate to contact Euromed Clinic Dubai. One of our experts will address your questions during a consultation session. So call us or fill the short online form now to book an appointment now.