The human body takes some time to adjust to a particular lifestyle, environment, or diet. Foods do not generally cause any health issue yet some people face problems when they eat specific foods.
Some foods make the immune system to react and cause symptoms. Proper diagnosis can help people avoid this issue and live a healthy life.
This blog post explains the most common food allergies that often cause problems for people. If you need more details about the negative effects of food allergies, this topic is for you.
Understanding Food Allergy and its Causes
Food allergy does not mean a type of skin allergy that food can cause. It means that the immune system in some people reacts to some specific foods.
The reaction to a food can cause can be minor, moderate, or major. One or more areas of the body can get affected when food allergy occurs. The same food may not cause any trouble for others.
You should contact us for more details if you have any of the following symptoms each time you eat a particular food:
- Skin rash that is itchy, red, and raised.
- Feeling the urge to itchy inside the ears, throat, or mouth.
- Minor/major swelling around the lips, eyes, tongue, and roof of the mouth.
Common Foods That Can Cause Allergy
- Tree nuts
- Some fruit
- Some vegetables
Notable Types Of Food Allergies
Due to their nature and symptoms, experts divide food allergies into the following three types:
- IgE-Mediated Food Allergy: This type leads in the number of reported cases. Here, body’s immune system reacts due to a production of immunoglobulin E (IgE) which is an antibody. The body can show immediate reactions the situation can progress into anaphylaxis (a severe reaction).
- Non-IgE-Mediated Food Allergy: Unlike the previous type, this food allergy originates from cells in the immune system. Its symptoms can take a few hours to appear which can cause delays in diagnosis and treatment.
- Mixed IgE and Non-IgE-Mediated Food Allergies: It is a mixture of IgE and Non-IgE-mediated food allergies which means this type can have a mix of symptoms of the above two types.
How Food intolerance Test Can Help You
If a particular food causes symptoms mentioned above, an expert can check and make sure if it is a food allergy because there can be another reason.
Our specially designed and advanced food intolerance test can help you find out the actual causes of why your immune system reacts to particular foods.
Avoiding Food Allergies All the Time: Key Takeaways
Some notable types of food allergies have been discussed in this blog post.
Why not consult an expert if you have questions about this topic. A food allergy expert at our clinic can be consulted just by scheduling an appointment.