Leaky gut syndrome digestive disorder that affects the lining of the intestines. What leaky gut syndrome and what are its symptoms? Is it possible to treat this problem?
This article discusses the leaky gut syndrome briefly. Continue reading to find out about its symptoms and options to treat it.
What Is Leaky Gut Syndrome?
According to Harvard Medical School, it is a digestive system issue where some gap exists in the intestinal walls which lets some toxins and bacteria to contaminate the bloodstream.
Symptoms Of Leaky Gut Syndrome
Signs are important to check when it comes to diagnosing a medical or mental condition. Here are some common symptoms of leaky gut syndrome:
- Joint pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Difficulty concentrating
- Bloating or constipation
- Widespread inflammation
- Skin problems ( acne, eczema, or rashes)
Treating Leaky Gut Syndrome
Due to its intricate nature, not all doctors suggest a treatment for this digestive condition. However, a food intolerance test can provide insights into this matter.
The health of the gut can be improved with the help of the following food intake related guidelines:
- Reduce the intake of dairy items, meat, and eggs
- Reduce artificial sweeteners and added sugar to a minimum level
- Increase the intake of probiotics to boost gut bacteria that is beneficial
- Increase the intake of foods rich in prebiotic fiber (e.g. vegetables, whole grains)
Lifestyle also matters. The lifestyle changes listed above can also be used to make digestion better:
- Try to quit smoking
- Take physical exercises every day
- Take a good night’s sleep regularly
- Do not take unnecessary antibiotics
- Try to avoid mental and physical stress
End Result About Leaky Gut Syndrome
In essence, keeping food intolerance in check is important to avoid possible abnormalities of the stomach.
If you have a leaky gut syndrome or any of digestive disorders, you should consult our doctor now. Acting earlier can make you get rid of the problem earlier.
For more details, you can book a consultation session by calling our number or filling our online form.