A number of changes take place in the body of a female during a typical menstrual cycle. Some unusual effects also occur but some abnormalities must not be ignored and a gynecologist must be consulted. There can be a variety of reasons for severe menstrual cramps in girls and women. What causes severe pain during periods? This blog post explains the reasons for severe menstrual pain. If you are a woman with severe menstrual cramps, this topic is for you.
Understanding Menstrual Cramps?
Menstrual cramps mean pain or throbbing in the lower abdomen that occurs during or before menstrual periods. Signs and symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Loose stools
- Pain in lower back and thighs
- Cramping pain in the lower abdomen
Causes Severe Menstrual Cramps
Though there can be many reasons for huge pain during periods. Some of the main reasons for severe have been discussed below:
- Adenomyosis: Adenomyosis can be a reason for pain. This type of tissue lines the uterus and often grows into the muscular walls of the uterus.
- Uterine Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths that can appear on the wall of the uterus. It is often linked to causing cramping pain during periods.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: It is a common infection that can cause pain before and during periods. It normally occurs due to sexually transmitted bacteria.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis (the tissue that lines the uterus) often becomes implanted outside the uterus and on the ovaries, tissue lining of the pelvis, or the fallopian tubes.
- Cervical Stenosis: The menstrual flow can be obstructed if the cervix’s opening in a female is smaller than normal. Due to this issue, the flow puts pressure within the uterus and causes pain.
Consulting a gynecologist can help women overcome menstrual pain. So do not forget to consult your doctor if you have a significant amount of pain before or during periods.
Consult a Gynecologist Today
You have come to know the common causes of severe menstrual cramps. Fixing this problem is possible and you should consult a doctor at the earliest if you want to improve the quality of your life.
Our gynecologists can help you overcome this issue as soon as possible. You may have questions and speaking to an expert will make everything clear. Book an appointment now by calling our number.