Do you want to know how Uterine Polyps diagnosis is performed? Do you want to know its treatment plans? In fact, you should know these aspects to care yourself. Also, knowing these factors will help you in prevention from this infectious disease. Here, at Euromed Clinic, we are providing our reliable services under the supervision of expert and board-certified doctors. We have gathered the information from our experts to provide you related information. Read this article till the end to get desired information.
How Uterine Polyps Is Diagnosed?
When you will get the initial session with one of our expert doctors, he will ask your medical history. This history contains the information related to your menstrual cycle, for example, when you had your last periods, for how long they last, and how frequent you have them, etc. You need to let your doctor know regarding the strange symptoms you are experiencing. Our doctor may also ask regarding pregnancy.
After that, a screening test will be performed and there is the possibility of some additional tests as well. Your doctor may prescribe some medication before the test. Following are the screening tests that you may need to administer.
- Transvaginal ultrasound – This procedure is administered with the use of a device that is known as an ultrasound This device is inserted into the vagina. The image of the inner side of your uterus will reveal so your doctor will check if any irregularity occurs.
- Endometrial biopsy – A soft plastic instrument is utilized to collect tissues from inners walls of your uterus. After that, the sample is sent to the laboratory for further checkup.
- Hysteroscopy – This procedure can be used for the diagnosis or even the treatment of uterine polyps. Your doctor will insert a thin tube with the lighted end into your uterus. It allows him to examine the inner side of the uterus. Furthermore, the surgery can also be connected with it to remove the polyps.
What Are Treatment Options?
Our doctors may recommend you any of the following treatment options.
- Watchful waiting – If the symptoms are less, they may have the tendency to resolve on their own. In such condition, you may just wait for a specific time and watch if everything is going alright or not.
- Medication – Our doctor may refer you some medicines that will assist you in correcting your hormonal imbalance. These medicines may include gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists and progestins. These medicines will be helpful for you to reduce the symptoms. However, this procedure may work for a short time period and again you will start to notice the symptoms once you will stop using medicines.
- Surgical removal – This option is considered as the best if you want to achieve long-term benefits. A specific device is inserted into your uterus and polyps is removed from that area. Afterward, the sample is sent to the laboratory so that further examination will be performed.
- Surgical removal. During hysteroscopy, instruments inserted through the hysteroscope — the device your doctor uses to see inside your uterus — make it possible to remove polyps. The removed polyp will likely be sent to a lab for microscopic examination.
In case, if your uterine polyp contains cancerous cells, then our doctor will discuss it with you and plan further treatment and evaluation. Also, you may get our consultation to discuss your problem and know the possible ways by which you can solve your issues. You have the right to improve your quality of life. So, don’t wait anymore! Go ahead, fill the form, and avail your appointment now!