250 babies born every minute somewhere in the world, according to an article published by The Guardian. Hundreds of thousands of women may get pregnant every day. A large number of babies born with a disability that can be avoided. Pregnancy is an important time in your life and you can ensure the baby’s safety by undergoing our obstetric ultrasound. This blog post discusses what an obstetric ultrasound is and how it is performed.
If you are pregnant or aim to get pregnant in the future, this topic is for you.
What is Obstetric Ultrasound?
In obstetric ultrasound, medical ultrasonography is used to evaluate the growth of the baby, writes ScienceDirect. This type of imaging is beneficial for pregnant women because 2D, 3D, or 4D real-time visual images from the inside of the uterus are obtained.
In 2016, more than 2.6 million died during the first month of their life, writes UNICEF. Some of the lethal issues can be avoided through care during pregnancy. Ultrasound and other techniques help us avoid various major problems that can occur to a woman or baby.
How does Obstetric Ultrasound Work?
It has become quite easy and safe to take an obstetric ultrasound. British Medical Ultrasound Society states that no preparation is required for this kind of scans. Wearing loose clothing can make the whole process a lot easier. The woman will lie on her back on an examination couch while the professional moves transducer back and forth.
Benefits & Risks of Obstetric Ultrasound
This test comes with great benefits for a pregnant woman and her baby. One of the main purposes of this imaging is to evaluate the baby. The growth of the baby and any defects can be illustrated using this technology. Using this technique, important information can be obtained easily.
Our ultrasound technology is totally safe for mother and baby. Moreover, the woman will not experience any discomfort or pain. We charge a reasonable price for this scan. If you need to know obstetric ultrasound cost, please feel free to get in touch.
Get Benefited from Obstetric Ultrasound
In short, obstetric ultrasound can reveal productive information about pregnancy. If you are pregnant or aim to get pregnant in the future, this test can help you a lot.
If you need more details, speak to one of our experts by scheduling a consultation now. Contact us now and book an appointment with a specialist doctor.
- Obstetric Ultrasonography, ScienceDirect: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/obstetric-ultrasonography
- Obstetric (Pregnancy), British Medical Ultrasound Society: https://www.bmus.org/obstetric-pregnancy/
- Obstetric Ultrasound, Hopkins Medicine: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gynecology_obstetrics/specialty_areas/maternal_fetal_medicine/services/fetal_diagnostic_procedures/obstetric_ultrasound.html
- Obstetric Ultrasound Examination (Position Paper), American Academy of Family Physicians: https://www.aafp.org/about/policies/all/ultrasonography-diagnostic.html
- Obstetric Ultrasound, Euromed Clinic Dubai: https://www.euromedclinicdubai.com/obstetric-gynaecology/obstetric-ultrasound/
- Obstetric Ultrasound, United Nations International Children Emergency Fund: https://www.unicef.org/media/media_102362.html
- With 250 babies born each minute, how many people can the Earth sustain? The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/apr/23/population-how-many-people-can-the-earth-sustain-lucy-lamble