There is no fixed date for your first gynecologist visit. For the girls who have not yet reached the puberty, visiting a child specialist is fine but the girls who have been through puberty should consult a gynecologist for a better understanding of an issue they may have.
This blog post explains important points that every woman must know before visiting a gynecologist for the first time.
If you are a young girl or a woman who has not yet visited a gynecologist, this topic is for you.
Things to Know Before First Gynecology Visit
According to famous online portal plannerparenthood.org, “puberty is when your body goes from being a kid to an adult.” Though there may not be major changes externally, the internal organs in boys and girls go through significant changes during this transformation.
Here are important things to know before you visit your gynecologist for the first time:
- Normal Age To First See A Gynecologist: Expert asks girls of ages 13 to 15 to visit the Best gynecologist for the first time. This rule is for normal cases; you can visit earlier if you have a womanly issue.
- You Will Not Feel Uncomfortable/Awkward: You are just like all other females and there is nothing new happening to you. So feel confident and comfortable during your examination.
- You Can Take Someone Along With You: Though your doctor will be supportive and friendly, you can take a person with you if you still do not feel comfortable. Most gynecologists allow you to bring someone along during the examination.
- What Happens During First Exam? In general, the doctor will just ask some questions, view the appearance of your female parts, and may recommend taking some medical tests. Blood pressure, weight, and height will also be measured.
- Does It Include External Genital Exam? Yes, the first visit involves an external genital exam where a gynecologist will observe anus, vulva, labia, clitoris, and vaginal opening.
- Not Necessary to Shave/Wax Before Appointment: Removing the hair from your intimate area is not necessary.
- Your Information Will Be Kept Confidential: All your examination details will be kept confidential.
- You Can Ask Your Questions: Feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns.
Are You Ready for Your First Visit?
In essence, the first gynecology visit means a lot for a woman. This visit allows you to find out any hidden problems. Have you got any questions about it?
You can know more about this visiting our expert. So make a list of queries, contact us, book your appointment, and let’s address your concerns.
Call us, fill online form, open chatbox to get in touch with us.