No one wants to have a turkey neck or saggy neck skin, but over time as the skin ages, its elasticity tends to decrease. Therefore, the need to lift and tighten the loose neck skin increases, especially after 40. However, people do not pay attention to the neck when getting skincare treatments, which is not good. The neck skin is also as visible as the face and is prone to premature aging. Hence, it also needs a proper skincare routine to survive the damage.
Table of Contents
Several cosmetic treatments are available in the market for lifting saggy neck skin. However, each treatment is condition-specific. You cannot choose any treatment option on your own, and only a plastic surgeon can tell which treatment is best for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss all the possible treatments that can be used to tighten the neck skin. Also, we will try to learn which method is the best for turkey neck treatment.
Treatment Options For Saggy Neck Skin
Both invasive and non-invasive treatments are available to lift drooping neck skin. The choice of treatment depends on various factors like severity of the problem, skin type, and surgeon’s recommendation. In addition to this, the surgical options cost more than the non-surgical ones.
The surgical treatment option includes neck lift surgery, whereas the non-surgical approach includes Nefertiti Lift.
Neck Lift Surgery
Neck Lift is a surgical technique that removes excess skin, fats, and band lines from the neck. Moreover, it also tightens the loose neck skin. As a result, you get younger-looking, firm, and smooth skin on the neck. The surgical option is preferred when a person has excessively sagging skin on the neck and under the jaws. Some prominent techniques that are utilized for neck lift surgery include:
- Liposuction – it is used when excess fat deposits are present under the chin, giving an appearance of a double chin.
- Platysmaplasty – it involves removing loose skin in the platysma muscle.
- Short scar neck lift – this technique is utilized to have minimal scarring during the surgery. Therefore, the incisions are made near the ears.
Nefertiti Neck Lift
Nefertiti Neck Lift is a non-surgical treatment that removes aging signs from the neck. It utilizes Botox injections to eliminate marionette lines on the neck and redefine the jawline. The Botox relaxes the muscles in the neck and provides an uplifting effect to it. There is no downtime associated with Nefertiti neck lift treatment. Also, no cutting or stitches are required.
Other Treatment Options For Saggy Skin
Apart from a neck lift and Nefertiti neck lift, several other treatment options are also available, including:
- Thermage – It uses radiofrequency energy to heat the skin, stimulating collagen production, which tightens the neck skin.
- Laser genesis – It is effective for reducing wrinkles, shrinking pores, and improving the texture of the neck skin.
- Chin sculpting injections – This technique destroys the fat cells under the chin by injecting synthesized deoxycholic acid.
- Anti-wrinkle injections – These injections are used to reduce platysmal bands.
Among all these treatment options, only one is going to be the most suitable for you. An expert plastic surgeon can help you choose one.
Which Option is the Best For You?
We have discussed all the possible treatment solutions for a saggy neck above. You should find and consult with a certified and experienced surgeon to know which option is the best for you. The surgeon will examine your condition first and then suggest the most effective solution for you. For this purpose, you can also visit Euromed Clinic Center because we offer all kinds of neck lift treatments.
Do not be shy to contact us if you need more details about our neck lift treatment. You can call us during clinic hours or fill our online form to get in touch with our plastic surgeons.