All of us have one or more behaviors that cause problems to arise in different situations. As a treatment, behavioral therapy tries to identify and change unhealthy and self-destructive behaviors. Let’s discuss its meaning, types, and effectiveness. Please continue reading to learn more about behavioral therapy in Dubai.
Understanding Behavioral Therapy
To identify and change a particular behavior, doctors can use one of a range of available therapies. These techniques are collectively known as behavioral therapies. The concept behind each of these treatments is: all behaviors are learned and can be changed through therapy.
Candidates for Behavioral Therapy
People with different mental health issues can benefit from behavioral therapy in Dubai. A person with one of the following can be a good candidate:
- Anger issues
- Panic disorders
The following conditions can also be managed using it:
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Phobias, including social phobias
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Types of Behavioral Therapy
As mentioned earlier, there are different types of behavioral therapy. The notable ones are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: It is a combination of behavioral and cognitive therapies. The thoughts and beliefs of the person can be fixed using this popular technique. The current problems of the person are focused in it.
- Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy: This technique is famous for working well with the children of ages 3 to 12. During this therapy, the therapist observes a child playing a game. It could be a game that a child loves to play.
- System Desensitization: This kind of therapy depends on classical conditioning. In general, it works well for phobias. The professional teaches breathing and relaxation techniques during the therapy.
- Aversion Therapy: For alcoholism and substance abuse, professionals recommend aversion therapy. The therapist will teach the patient how to link a stimulus that is extremely unpleasant with a desirable stimulus that is unhealthy.
Effectiveness of Behavioral Therapy
The psychiatrists have been successful in treating various mental health issues using behavioral therapy in Dubai. It has always been considered extremely effective among psychology professionals. Most patients obtain terrific results in a short period of time.
It has been showing major improvements when used for the people with the following conditions:
- General stress
- Substance abuse
- Anxiety disorders
- Somatoform disorders
- Anger control problems
Different research studies have highlighted that play therapy delivers a promising result for the 3 to 12 old children. Play therapy can work well for other age groups as well.
Children and Behavioral Therapy
For children, play therapy and behavior therapy are mostly used due to their effectiveness. During these techniques, professionals teach different methods to help children respond to different situations positively. The support of parents also plays a pivotal role during the therapy.
The counselors who perform a therapy take some time to win the trust of the child. This ensures the highest possible efficacy of the therapy and the best possible outcome. Behavioral therapy can be effective for a child with ADHD.
Finding a Behavioral Therapist
People face difficulty in finding the right behavioral therapist. If you need a behavioral therapist, you have different choices:
- Social workers
- Faith-based counselors
- Non-faith-based counselors
Checking the qualification, training, and experience of the professional is necessary. For complex behaviors, an expert might be required to change a behavior. If you do not know who is offering such services in your area, just ask a general physician for recommendations.
Please note psychiatrists can prescribe medication as well. Due to this reasons, visiting a psychiatrist is a better option for early results. Your medical insurance may cover behavior therapy; get proper documentation to file a claim with your insurance company.
Please book an appointment if you need more information about behavioral therapy.
Book an Appointment Now
If you are interested in the Behavioral Therapy Dubai, we would love to help you learn more about it. Do you need more information? If so, please call us or fill the short online form to book your appointment with one of our experts.