The human body goes through significant changes over time, and some bodily processes can bring negative changes to health. As a result, you suffer from headaches, neck, back, and shoulder pain. Different techniques normalize the body and treat chronic pain. One such technique is known as acupuncture. Though old, there are many ways acupuncture benefits your body and it is considered effective for treating chronic pain.
Table of Contents
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture refers to traditional Chinese medicine where specific body points are stimulated with the help of needles that penetrate the skin. This technique is known for alleviating pain and treating various health conditions.
Acupuncture originated from China hundreds of years ago, and doctors had not been sure about its effects in the past. Today, there is plenty of evidence to support the significant role of acupuncture in treating pain and nausea.
During the treatment, the professional inserts needles at specific body point that balance the flow of energy in your body. Many other medical and psychological problems can also be treated with this unique technique.
Important Points about Acupuncture
The leading doctors and medical institutions now recognize acupuncture as an effective method to heal various problems such as pain and nausea. Researchers are currently working on reducing cancer symptoms such as hot flashes, peripheral neuropathy, and lymphedema with acupuncture.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has a list of conditions and diseases that can be treated with acupuncture. Researchers are now finding ways to treat psychological problems using the acupuncture technique. It works well for people with a particular lifestyle.
By combining medications with acupuncture, the effects of the treatment can be enhanced. The number of conditions it can help with is long. For example, it helps treat back pain, chronic pain, gastrointestinal issues, infertility, and anxiety.
Notable Benefits of Acupuncture
This ancient technique has great benefits, and some notable benefits are explained below:
- Allergy Relief: It is an excellent method to treat allergies. Acupuncture can provide relief from different allergies.
- Reduced Pain: Acupuncture treats back pain, neck tension, and joint pain in the hands and arms. It is often used to reduce headaches and migraines.
- Reduced Stress: This technique is an effective way to get rid of stress and depression. In fact, stress is one of the common conditions for which people take acupuncture treatment.
- Reduced Eye Strain: The eye strain is often linked to neck tension, and it can be treated using the acupuncture technique.
- Reduced Cigarette Craving: Do you want to quit smoking, but you just cannot? Acupuncture can help you to reduce and eventually quit smoking cigarettes.
- Improved Immune System: Acupuncture can improve the immune system, reducing sick days.
- Relief from Digestive Conditions: A sound digestive system plays a significant role in overall health. Acupuncture effectively regulates the digestive system and provides relief from digestive disorders.
Needles Used for Acupuncture
Different types of needles are used to perform acupuncture. Even in ancient China, 9 types of needles were used for this purpose. These needles are mostly made of stainless steel, and the professionals use them after thorough sterilization. The needles can be left in the skin for a particular time. The use of needles for acupuncture is not harmful if performed by a qualified and experienced professional.
Book an Appointment Now
If you are interested in getting the acupuncture treatment from the Euromed Clinic Center Dubai, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can consult with one of our acupuncture experts to know more about the necessary details of the procedure. To book an appointment, you can call our number or fill the short online form to write to us. For a quick chat, you can also use our chatbox.