You might have heard or read about hypnosis and hypnotherapy. These words are used interchangeably used these days and it is important to discuss how they differ from each other.
What is the difference between hypnosis and hypnotherapy? These options can be used to know about the past or to fix a mental problem.
This blog post compares and contrasts hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Continue reading to know more about this important topic.
Understanding Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
Before we explore the actual topic, it is important to first discuss the meaning of these two terms:
Hypnosis: It is a technique where a professional helps a person enter a specific state of consciousness where that person is not able to make a voluntary decision and carefully understands the suggestions made by the professional.
Hypnotherapy: When hypnosis is applied as a therapeutic technique, it is known as hypnotherapy. If used properly, this method can help quit an addition, recover suppressed memory, modify the behavior, etc. It is not magic or a mind control method.
Hypnotherapy vs. Hypnosis: What’s the Difference?
There is no big difference but we can still highlight the points of similarities and differences.
- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are based on the same principles.
- Both are used to make improvements in the mental state or behavior.
- Hypnosis is a tool and hypnotherapy is the use of this tool to fix an issue.
- Hypnosis is mostly performed to know about past life while hypnotherapy focuses on solving a particular mental problem or to beat an addiction.
- Hypnosis is be performed by anyone and self-hypnosis is also possible. Whereas, hypnotherapy can only be performed by a certified mental health professional.
Which Option Should You Try? Hypnotherapy Or Hypnosis?
We can conclude that hypnotherapy is nothing but the use of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique. They are not the same but some similarities do exist.
Which one of these should you take if you want to quit an addiction, restore suppressed memory, or fix a mental disorder?
One of our experts can help you learn more. We are always available to help you learn more. Do not be shy to contact us if you need more details.