Our deeply held subconscious patterns and beliefs drive our daily decision making and shape our lives. And nothing is stronger than the power of the mind and human resolve. Hypnotherapy is a way to access this resolve through a natural state of consciousness where your mind is open and receptive with selective, focused attention.
What exactly is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is considered a powerful and safe tool in the Psychiatric field of medicine, used to make positive and healthy changes to our lives. The purpose of hypnotherapy is to facilitate a process in which patients can release negative patterns and habits, whilelearning to develop positive associations.
It is a technique which involves hypnosis to access the subconscious mind for the purpose of resolving issues related to behavioural patterns. Therefore, we must first understand what hypnosis is and how it is different from hypnotherapy.
Hypnosis is theactual state of deep relaxation that is similar to a meditative trance. When a patient goes into hypnosis they enter a state where the conscious mind is subdued, enabling access to the subconscious mind andtriggering the powerful mental and physical self-healing processes that lie in this part of your sub consciousness.
Hypnotherapy is the clinical application of hypnosis to replace the old pathological behavioural and emotional patterns with healthy new ones. By using appropriate suggestions, the therapist will help restore the patient to normal condition and develop healthy mechanisms. Through hypnotherapy it is possible to find the root cause of the issue and incorporate positive new thoughts and ideas into the subconscious, enabling profound changes to occur.
What can Hypnotherapy help with?
- Anxiety, phobias, panic, obsessions & compulsions and related disorders
- Stress management and treatment of stress-related disorders
- Pain management of different psychological and medical conditions
- Eating disorders, sexual problems and sleep difficulties
- Improving performance for executives, athletes, students and other difficult professions
- Life coaching and goal setting that helps young patients overcome learning difficulties
- Bad habits and addictions of different types
Busting the myths and misconceptions
- A patient is never hypnotised against their will
- While in hypnosis a patient retains complete control and is not confronted to do anything wouldn’t want to do
- It is impossible to get “stuck” in hypnosis
- While in hypnosis, the patient remains fully awake and can hear everything
Book a consultation at Euromed
If you’re looking for a psychiatrist in Dubai to help you make a lasting, positive change in your life, Dr. Bahjat Balbous can help you. With 25 years of experience in the field, Dr. Bhajat uses hypnotherapy as a powerful vehicle through which you can tackle obstaclesin your life and move on to be the best version of yourself.