Children face distinct mental crisis during adolescence and it often becomes hard to deal with them alone. The child adolescent psychiatry aims at understanding and treating mental problems faced by an adolescent. Let’s discuss how child psychiatry can help children overcome mental concerns. This blog post explains the importance of child-adolescent psychiatry.
If you want to handle childhood mental problems, this topic is for you.
Problems Faced by Adolescents
Every stage of life is different and the mental level keeps changing from time to time. There is not a big difference in an adolescent and a little child but both may have a totally different way of thinking.
That is why mental health experts illustrate the importance of child-adolescent psychiatry. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the following mental illnesses are common among adolescents:
- Anxiety disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
A psychiatrist can treat complex mental disorders such as depression and anxiety, suggests the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
What’s Child Adolescent Psychiatry?
According to the World Health Organization, “suicide is the third leading cause of death in 15–19-year-olds.” This happens due to the negligence of parents or guardians and sometimes due to inappropriate treatment.
A psychiatrist specializing in child psychiatry can carefully diagnose and treat a psychological problem faced by a child. If you or your child is not behaving normally, immediately consult a psychiatrist.
Looking for a Psychiatrist in Dubai?
The Euromed Clinic Dubai has some of the finest psychiatrists for children. By choosing our professionals, you can get rid of any mental problem easily. Please get in touch to know how much we charge for a typical session.
Taking Mental Health Seriously
Now you know how child adolescent psychiatry can help a child fix different mental illnesses. If you are a child or a parent of a child, a person specializing in child psychiatry can be a great help to you or your child. If you are facing a mental problem, one of our psychiatrists can help you solve it the right way.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to learn more. Call us or fill our online form and schedule an appointment with a mental health expert.
- Adolescent mental health. World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/adolescent-mental-health
- Child Psychiatry. Euromed Clinic Dubai: https://www.euromedclinicdubai.com/psychiatric-clinic-dubai/child-and-adolescent-psychiatry/
- Common Mental Health Disorders in Adolescence. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-development/mental-health/adolescent-mental-health-basics/common-disorders/index.html
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry as a Career. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: https://www.aacap.org/aacap/medical_students_and_residents/Residents_and_Fellows/Child_and_Adolescent_Psychiatry_as_a_Career.aspx