It often happens that the color of our gums changes. The Gum Depigmentation (Gum Whitening) is a good way to restore the actual look of the gums. Continue reading to know the cost, benefits, results, side effects, procedure, and more.
What is Gum Depigmentation (Gum Whitening)?
Having dark gums is a problem which can greatly affect people’s self-confidence. In the past, gum whitening treatment involved surgery, where the darker outer layer of the gum was removed – not only was this extremely painful, but it was also ineffective, as the pigmentation would return after 6 months. However, thanks to advanced laser technology, more effective and less invasive options are now available, including laser gum depigmentation or bleaching.
What are the Potential Causes?
Smoking: Smokers often suffer from smoker’s melanosis (and gum discolouration).
Medications: Certain medications e.g. antimalarial agents and some tranquilizers may lead to gum discolouration.
Genetics: Genes play a huge role is gum depigmentation. In most cases, gum discolouration is linked to skin complexion; people with a fairer complexion usually have pinker gums, while individuals with darker complexions tend to have pigmentation around their gums. This pigmentation can appear as patches, or affect the entire gum.
Gum disease: Poor dental hygiene can lead to gum disease which may cause inflammation and discoloration of the gums. This must be addressed first, and can usually be treated with a periodontal cleaning or Laser Gum Therapy.
Systemic Disease: Increased melanin (which can lead to dark gums) has also been linked with endocrine disorders such as Peutz Jeghers Syndrome and Addison’s disease
Metallic Filings: Shavings from metallic fillings can embed themselves in the gums, causing grey/black spot discolouration (known as an amalgam tattoo)
Results and Benefits
It has the following results and benefits;
- It delivers natural-looking results.
- It is minimally invasive treatment.
- The patient will experience no pain.
- The gums will be whitened carefully.
- There is no downtime after this procedure.
- The recovery process may last for four to five days.
- The patient will be able to eat and drink right after the treatment.
The Machine We Use
At the EuroMed Clinic Dubai, the Gum Depigmentation is performed with the help the latest, safe, and effective laser machine.
Who is a Candidate?
You can be a good candidate for it if you fulfil the following;
- The people with brown or black gums.
- The people who do not have a thin gum tissue.
- The people having gums that are in good health.
- The people who are suffering from an oral disease.
- The people having gums that are dark because of a periodontal disease.
What is the Aim of Treatment?
The Gum Bleaching Procedure aims at achieving the following goals;
- To whiten the gums carefully.
- To keep the teeth and gums safe.
- To deliver ultimate gum whitening results.
Which Technique is Used?
There are different techniques to bleach or whiten the teeth. The advanced laser machine is used to perform this procedure.
How is the Treatment Performed?
Laser gum depigmentation involves using laser technology to safely remove the melanin pigmentation that causes gum discolouration. This leads to brighter, pink gums in one quick, pain-free session (usually takes around 1 hour).
In order to get the best results, it is important to know the cause of your gum discolouration before undergoing the treatment. For example, if the pigmentation is a result of gum disease, the gum disease must be treated first.
How to Prepare for the Treatment?
The doctors provide a list of instructions to follow before the procedure. The doctors often ask the following;
- Take the prescribed medication and tests.
- Stop taking blood-thinners and painkillers.
- Stop drinking alcohols and smoking cigarettes.
Post-Op Care and the Recovery Time
The treatment delivers promising results in short time and the recovery period is short. The post-treatment instructions are easy to follow.
- Stay away from alcoholic drinks.
- Stay away from tobacco products.
- Eat and drink as per the instructions.
Cost of Gum Depigmentation (Gum Whitening)
The cost of Gum Whitening (Gum Depigmentation) varies from person to person. The EuroMed Clinic offers it at a reasonable price. Moreover, we have a discount offer for you as well. Call us or fill the online form now to contact us.
Schedule a Consultation
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information. You can book a consultation by calling us or filling the online form now.