Biological Dentistry, alternatively known as Holistic Dentistry, is the latest advancement in dentistry. This type of dentistry treats numerous dental problems, mainly following a natural approach. Nowadays, Biological Dentistry in Dubai is gaining popularity due to its excellent outcomes and minimal side effects. People have started preferring it over traditional dentistry, making it the new organic approach to dentistry. Moreover, ever since dental clinics started using bio-dentistry, new research started questioning the effectiveness and safety of traditional dentistry.
Table of Contents
Biological Dentistry Approach
Since it is a holistic approach, the core principle of Biological Dentistry is providing overall wellness. This alternative approach to dentistry focuses on the patient’s oral health while maintaining their physical and emotional health, too. Moreover, a holistic dentist only uses natural materials and bio-dental procedures to fix patients’ teeth. Most fillings are made of ceramics because metal and amalgam fillings are unhealthy.
An individual’s oral health and nutrition are closely linked. However, generally, dentists do not consider a patient’s eating habits during routine dental checkups. Unlike traditional dentistry, bio-dentistry focuses on tooth nutrition connections.
The deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin D3, omega-3, can lead to tooth decay and cavities. Therefore, maintaining a healthy diet is vital to prevent tooth decay. However, if your teeth already have cavities, a holistic dentist can help.
An ideal candidate for bio-dentistry treatments is someone who:
- Seeks an alternative for traditional dentistry
- Is afraid of surgical dental procedures
- Does not want to get mercury or metal dental fillings
- Is not interested in exposing their teeth to synthetic materials and fluoride
- Wants to adopt an organic lifestyle
Bio-Dentistry Treatment Techniques
Biological Dentistry Dubai uses various techniques for treating different dental problems. Some of these treatment techniques are as follows:
Ozone Therapy is the latest bio-dentistry dental procedure used for reducing bacterial presence inside the oral cavity.
Ceramic Dental Implants
Ceramic or zirconia dental implants are FDA-approved alternatives to metal implants. They use a more biocompatible material for making the implants. Moreover, these implants are more natural-looking without the harmful effects of metals.
The Bio-health All-in-One approach in holistic dentistry removes all the inflammatory components from the oral cavity in one go. It maximizes the benefits of overall improvement and quickens the healing process.
Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART)
The Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART) has been introduced as a safety protocol by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT). It is used as an alternative for mercury amalgam dental filling.
Cavitation or Neuralgia-Inducing Cavitational Osteonecrosis (NICO) is a hole in the putative jawbone. Cavitation treatment can remove the necrotic bone and rebuild a healthy bone.
Biological Dentistry or Holistic Dentistry has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- Holistic Dentistry not only improves oral health but overall health.
- It uses biocompatible materials for restoring a bright smile and teeth.
- Most holistic dental procedures use natural elements and make sure to avoid root canals as much as possible.
- These techniques are fluoride-free, which means they do not use fluoride to clean the oral cavity; instead, they use fluoride alternatives.
- The SMART amalgam removal technique is mercury-safe and mercury-free.
- All bio-dentistry treatments are minimally invasive and use state-of-the-art equipment.
- Holistic Dentistry can also help in snore reduction, treating sleep apnea and sleep disorders.
- It offers all benefits of traditional dentistry without the harmful toxins.
- Many holistic dentists focus on the prevention of dental and gum diseases with the help of healthy nutrition and nutritional counseling.
Consult an Expert
If you are seeking a Holistic Dentist Dubai has a number of experts in bio-dentistry. You can schedule an appointment with one of our experts at the Euromed® Clinic Center. They will examine your teeth and guide you according to your oral condition. So, give us a call or fill the online form to book an appointment.