Having healthy gums and teeth is crucial for our overall well-being. If we do not maintain our oral hygiene, gums can develop diseases, like receding gums and tooth decay. Receding gums can be a sign of severe gum disease but treating this issue is crucial to avoid further problems. The Gum Recession Treatment in Dubai is an excellent solution for treating receding gums. Please continue reading to know the procedure, results, cost, and benefits of gum recession treatment.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Gum Recession Treatment?
- 2 Symptoms of Gum Recession
- 3 Aim of the Treatment
- 4 Candidacy Criteria
- 5 Procedure
- 6 Aftercare
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Gum Recession Treatment FAQs
- 9 Cost of Gum Recession Treatment
- 10 Consult an Expert
What is Gum Recession Treatment?
Gum recession is usually caused by the gum tissue pulling back from the tooth and exposing the tooth’s root. Receding gums can occur in people of all ages despite maintaining oral hygiene. Other dental problems, such as tooth decay and loss, can occur due to gum recession.
Symptoms of Gum Recession
The following signs tell us if we have a gum recession issue:
- Loose teeth
- Red or swollen gums
- Bleeding or tender gums
- Visible pus surrounding the teeth and gums
- Gums pulling away from the tooth
- Persistent bad breath and bad taste in the mouth
Aim of the Treatment
The Gum Recession Treatment aims to:
- Restore a healthy smile
- Prevent tooth sensitivity
- Reduce the risk of root decay
- Reduce the risk of loose teeth
- Alleviate gum tissue inflammation
A person can be the ideal candidate for gum recession treatment in Dubai if they:
- Want to stop the pain and discomfort due to receding teeth
- Want to prevent the risks and infections expected due to receding teeth
- Have achievable expectations with the results of the treatment
- Want to have healthy teeth and gums free of infections and disease
Usually, an expert performs soft tissue graft surgery or reattaches the gums to cover the roots for treating gum recession in Dubai. They will reattach the gums in a more coronal position to cover the roots. Concentrated growth factors are also used to enhance the results. Besides, special collagen strips – a highly demanding periodontal surgery technique – can also be used.
The gum recession treatment may include the following steps:
- Root Planing/Root Scaling
- Pocket Irrigation
- Pocket Reduction Surgery
- Soft Tissue Grafting
- Regenerative Procedures
After the gum recession treatment, the dentist provides the patient with a list of aftercare instructions. In order to get the best results and avoid complications, patients must follow the doctor’s instructions. Some general aftercare instructions are:
- In case of discomfort or pain, patients should only use the prescribed medications.
- Patients should only eat the food items prescribed by the doctor for a few days.
- They should follow the brushing and flossing guidelines of the dentist.
The gum recession treatment in Dubai has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- The procedure is safe, quick, and effective for all.
- It decreases the risk of loose and missing teeth.
- Gum recession treatment stops gum pain, inflammation, and tooth sensitivity.
- It improves the gum line’s overall appearance and health.
- It helps decrease the chance of developing periodontal disease and root decay.
Gum Recession Treatment FAQs
Can you fix receding gums?
Yes, it is possible to reposition receding gums through medications and surgery. This seemingly minor issue can go on to become gingivitis and even periodontal disease. So, the sooner you get your gums treated, the better and comparatively less costly.
Can receding gums grow back?
No, because gums do not grow back the way other tissues do. Treatments are available to handle gum recession before tooth or bone loss occurs.
What causes the recession of gums?
There can be many reasons for the gum recession. In general, it happens due to the buildup of (hardened) plaque, brushing too hard, diabetes, HIV, smoking, female hormonal changes, genetics, etc. Routine oral care is the key to avoiding such issues.
How can I heal receding gums naturally?
Prevention is always better than cure. For instance, using a soft brush, not smoking, not letting plaque build-up and grow can help avoid gum recession. Secondly, natural home remedies are not as effective as advanced receding gum treatments are. So, consult an expert as soon as possible to get rid of receding gums.
Is the gum recession severe?
Gum recession is responsible for several severe dental diseases and other related problems. It can cause infection, tooth decay, tooth loss, bad breath, etc. Since it can cause several severe diseases, it is considered a serious condition that should be treated as soon as possible.
Cost of Gum Recession Treatment
The gum recession treatment cost in Dubai varies depending on each individual’s case. Some general factors influencing the final treatment cost are as follows:
- Condition of the gums
- Treatment technique
- Number of sessions
- Desired results
- Dentist’s expertise
- Clinic’s location
Please contact us if you want to find out the exact pricing information in your case.
Consult an Expert
If you would like to get the treatment for gum recession in Dubai, please feel free to contact Euromed® Clinic Center anytime. You can call us or fill the online form now and avail of online consultation.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- General Dentist
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more