Invisalign aligners, also known as invisible clear braces, are an orthodontic treatment that helps straighten your teeth. This treatment is an alternative to traditional braces. During this treatment, you will need to wear a series of clear plastic trays, each of which nudges your teeth, slowly bringing them to the desired alignment. Aside from being less visible, these transparent trays are removable, meaning that you can take them off before eating your food or cleaning your teeth.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is a comfortable treatment that moves your teeth in the desired position with gentle but constant pressure. This treatment is generally deemed perfect for dental misalignments that are not too severe.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are you a good candidate for Invisalign?
- 2 Advantages Of Invisalign Aligners
- 3 How do Invisalign aligners work?
- 4 Before and After
- 5 Is Invisalign painful?
- 6 How much does Invisalign cost in Dubai?
- 7 Invisalign Braces Treatment FAQs
- 8 Get an Appointment
Are you a good candidate for Invisalign?
Here is a brief overview of the candidacy criteria for Invisalign treatment.
- Invisalign is the option you can bet on if you are disciplined enough to wear clear aligners for the required number of hours every day. Sure, you can remove these trays during meal times or when brushing or flossing.
- You may speak to your dentist about getting Invisalign trays if you do not like going to your school or workplace with a mouth full of metallic wires and fixed brackets – the typical components of traditional braces.
- Invisalign benefits older teens and adults more than adolescents.
- Last but not least, Invisalign is best suited for individuals with mild to moderate misalignments. Hence, you are a good candidate for this treatment if your teeth do not require excessive repositioning. If they do, then you are better off with braces.
Advantages Of Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign offers a myriad of benefits over other orthodontic treatments, including traditional braces. Let’s have a quick look at those benefits.
- Easy to clean: If you have braces or know someone who has them, you may have an idea how difficult it can be to clean the metal wires and brackets. Invisalign transparent braces rid you of these worries as you can take these trays off anytime and clean them with a brush and toothpaste.
- Fewer visits to the dentist: Every set of clear aligners needs to be worn for a predetermined period before you visit your dentist to get the next set of trays. This is much easier than seeing your dentist more frequently to adjust the wires and brackets.
- No dietary restrictions: Invisalign trays are removable, meaning that you can eat whatever you want. On the other hand, braces come with many dietary restrictions due to the increased risk of food chunks getting stuck between the brackets and wires.
- Better appearance: Many people do not like the nerdy look originating from a ‘braced’ smile. Those individuals can benefit from clear Invisalign trays, which are hardly noticeable.
- Comfortable treatment: Braces work by tightening or pressing the metal wires to reposition the teeth. This may cause soreness in the gums and general discomfort, making chewing difficult. You can evade all these issues by using Invisalign to straighten your teeth.
How do Invisalign aligners work?
As mentioned above, Invisalign treatment involves using clear aligner trays that turn and reposition your teeth to align them. These trays are prepared using impressions and digital photographs of your teeth. With this treatment, you have to use a series of trays with every next set of trays designed to provide an improvement over the current set. You will continue to receive these trays until your orthodontic goals are achieved.
After wearing the last set of trays for the required number of weeks, you will need to wear a retainer, which is a specialized device to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their pre-treatment alignment.
Before and After
Is Invisalign painful?
Invisalign trays are minimally painful. The discomfort resulting from every new set of trays is comparable to the pain due to the tightening of wires and brackets in braces. The good thing is that these trays do not have any wires and brackets, meaning the discomfort will be even lesser.
How much does Invisalign cost in Dubai?
The cost of Invisalign treatment varies from person to person due to various factors involved. You can get a price estimate during a consultation.
Invisalign Braces Treatment FAQs
Is Invisalign as effective as braces?
Invisalign trays are effective as braces, provided that the crookedness of your teeth is not severe. It is an ideal treatment option for mild to moderately misaligned teeth. On the other hand, braces help treat severe misalignments.
How long does Invisalign take?
Invisalign can take six months to two years to deliver the desired results. The length of this treatment generally depends on the degree of teeth misalignment.
Can you eat with Invisalign?
Yes! You can remove your clear trays before your mealtime and eat anything you want. It is worth mentioning that Invisalign trays are not made to endure teeth grinding when chewing.
How do I clean my invisible braces?
Soaking your aligners in a solution of antibacterial soap mixed in water dislodges all stubborn bacteria from the aligners' surface. Then, brush these aligners with non-abrasive toothpaste.
Get an Appointment
Visiting a qualified dentist is imperative for the success of orthodontic treatment with Invisalign. At Euromed Clinic Dubai, you will meet highly skilled dentists and orthodontists who help you with your teeth’ functional and aesthetic issues. Please fill out the form below to book a consultation at our clinic.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- General Dentist
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more