Gum diseases have been affecting our oral health for a long time. There are several dental and periodontal treatments available for treating gum diseases. However, most of these treatments are surgical in nature, so patients avoid them due to pain and extensive recovery time. Luckily, Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™ in Dubai has made it easier to fix dental problems without any surgical intervention. Please continue reading to learn about its procedure, benefits, cost, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™?
- 2 Candidacy Criteria
- 3 Pre-Procedure Care
- 4 Procedure
- 5 Post-Procedure Care
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Cost of Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™
- 8 Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™ FAQs
- 9 Consult an Expert
What is Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™?
Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™ is the latest advancement in the field of laser dentistry. It is a safe and effective procedure that does not cause any permanent side effects. An expert performs this treatment and removes different dental problems.
During the treatment, an expert uses small laser light to target bacteria in the gums. The patient feels minimal pain during the procedure because this device has a hydrating feature. So, it does not let the treatment area become hot due to the laser.
Due to its minimally invasive nature, more dentists are now introducing this technique in their clinics.
An individual has to fulfill the criteria set by experts to be a good candidate for Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™. You can be a perfect candidate for this treatment if you:
- Have a gum disease that requires treatment
- Are afraid of surgical dental procedures
- Do not want to take time off work
- Want to fix your dental disease the simplest way
Before opting for Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™ treatment, discuss your overall health condition with your dentist. It will ensure the best possible results of the treatment. Generally, an expert provides pre-procedure instructions to avoid any complications during the procedure. These instructions vary from patient to patient, depending on their goals and current condition.
A specific Waterlase™ device from Biolase is used to perform Non-Surgical Perio Therapy. Though this procedure is relatively simple, we can divide it into small steps to make it easy for everyone to understand.
The three-step procedure is mentioned below:
- The practitioner sweeps the tip to the base of the periodontal pocket and presses it against soft tissue to remove epithelial lining.
- Waterlase™ then removes the diseased soft tissue granulation tissue and reduces bacteria. It removes calculus and bacteria from the root surface to encourage fibroblast attachment.
- Lastly, the practitioner seals the periodontal pocket with a fibrin clot.
In order to maintain the results, candidates are supposed to take care of the treated area. It is important to follow the instructions communicated by the dentist.
Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™ has multiple benefits, such as:
- This cutting-edge method delivers precise results.
- This option is based on the latest laser technology.
- The underlying technology is safe and highly effective.
- The risk of cross-contamination is minimal.
- It does not cause severe pain and discomfort.
- This treatment is based on natural, water-based dentistry.
- This procedure is simpler and more convenient than the alternatives.
Cost of Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™
The Non-Surgical Perio Therapy cost in Dubai depends on multiple factors, varying from one person to another. Some general cost-defining factors include:
- Nature of the problem
- Number of laser sessions
- Goals set for the treatment
- Quality of service
- Geographic location of the treatment provider
- Qualification, experience, and reputation of the dental professional
If you have medical insurance, please check if they cover this procedure, because most providers do not cover dental procedures. In case your health insurance does not cover this procedure, our installment plan may help you.
Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Using Waterlase™ FAQs
Is Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™ painful?
No, this therapy is not as painful as its surgical alternatives. Since it uses a water-based laser device, it keeps the oral cavity hydrated during the procedure. As a result, the patient does not feel discomfort during the procedure.
Is Waterlase™ safe?
Waterlase™ technology has been excessively tested for its safety. Compared to its alternatives, this technique causes minimal discomfort and according to experts, it is safe for adults as well as children.
Is laser treatment good for gum disease?
Laser dentistry is an emerging field with more and more dentists using laser treatments for treating gum diseases. Studies have shown that laser treatments effectively eliminate gum diseases and other related dental issues.
Consult an Expert
If you are interested in Non-Surgical Perio Therapy using Waterlase™, the team of professionals at Euromed® Clinic Center would love to guide you. You can consult an expert to know what kind of benefits you get by taking it. In order to know how much you have to pay for the procedure if you choose us, please book an appointment. You can call us or fill the online form to book an appointment.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- Dentist General Dentist General Dentistry
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more