Our teeth are one of the most important body parts because they help in chewing food. Besides their practical function, they also have an aesthetic function because pretty teeth mean a beautiful smile. Therefore, broken or lost teeth can have practical as well as cosmetic implications. Dental Implants is a globally renowned dental procedure that enhances the health and appearance of your teeth. A dental implant or teeth fixture is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line to replace a broken or lost tooth. Generally, dental implants can be a great alternative for dentures, dental bridges, and dental crowns. Continue reading to know the cost, benefits, post-op care, pre-op care, financing options, and how to book an online consultation.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Dental Implants?
- 2 Types of Dental Implant
- 3 Aim of the Treatment
- 4 Candidacy Criteria
- 5 Machine We Use
- 6 Pre-Procedure Care
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Post-Procedure Care
- 9 Benefits
- 10 Cost of the Treatment
- 11 Dental Implants FAQs
- 11.1 What are 4M Dental Implants?
- 11.2 How long does it take to replace teeth using dental implants?
- 11.3 Are dental implants safe?
- 11.4 How long do dental implants last?
- 11.5 Is the procedure painful?
- 11.6 What can I eat after surgery?
- 11.7 Are dental implants for children as well?
- 11.8 Are dental implants covered by insurance?
- 12 Consult an Expert
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a surgically positioned titanium post, placed into the jawbone beneath the gum line. This treatment allows the dentist to mount replacement teeth or a bridge into the area that is missing a tooth. Dental implants differ from dentures because they are a permanent solution for missing teeth. Additionally, dental implants are extremely beneficial to oral health because they do not have to be anchored to other teeth, unlike bridges.
Types of Dental Implant
Dentists use different techniques to implant an artificial tooth. There are different types of dental implants; some are safe, while others are not. As per the experts, the following dental implants types are safe in most cases:
This type of dental implant is implanted directly into the jawbone. After this, the surgeon will wait so that the surrounding gum tissue gets healed. Following the healing, the surgeon will perform a second surgery to connect the post to the original implant. In the end, the artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post.
This type of dental implant is fitted onto the jawbone just below the gum tissue. After doing this, the surgeon will let the gum heal. Once the gum is healed, the frames implanted into the jawbone become fixed. Being attached to the frame, the posts protrude through the gums. In the end, the teeth will be mounted to the posts.
Aim of the Treatment
The best Dental Implants in Dubai aim to:
- Improve the candidate’s self-confidence
- Enhance the tooth appearance
- Deliver a better eating experience
- Deliver better speech appearance
- Enhance the candidate’s smile
You are a perfect candidate for Dental Implants if you fulfill the criteria defined by the dentist. Generally, you can be an ideal candidate if you:
- Want to replace a lost or broken tooth
- Are committed to good oral hygiene
- Have realistic expectations with the treatment
- Visit the dentist’s office for general check-ups
- Are healthy to undergo a dental extraction or oral surgery
- Have enough jawbone to hold the implants in place, coupled with healthy gum
Machine We Use
At Euromed Clinic Center, we always use the latest equipment to perform same day Dental Implants Dubai treatment. The equipment and surgical instruments are properly cleaned and sterilized before each procedure.
Preparing for a Dental Implant is not difficult. Your dentist will provide you with some preparatory guidelines, and you have to follow these instructions to be on the safer side. Some general pre-op instructions are as follows:
- Take the prescribed lab tests (if any).
- Take the prescribed medicines (if any).
- Keep your oral hygiene in check.
- Do not eat hard food items.
At our clinic, we use the latest and safest techniques to perform all cosmetic treatments. It is a mildly surgical and invasive treatment performed under local anesthesia. Moreover, the procedure is performed in multiple sessions that are several months apart.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- The dentist starts the procedure after numbing the mouth, especially the jawbone.
- Then, he/she will make an incision in the gums for placing the dental implant into the jawbone.
- After placing the dental implant into the location, he/she will close the gum over the implant.
- The second session will take place after a few months when the gum has healed, and the bone has grown around the implant.
- In the second session, the dentist will place a connecting piece, called an abutment, over the post portion of the implant. This connecting part will hold the new tooth.
- After the gums heal, he/she will make impressions of the candidate’s teeth to create a custom replacement tooth. It is known as a crown, and it is attached to the abutment.
To be on the safe side, get the best results, and recover early, it is advised to follow the dentist’s guidelines. Some general instructions are as follows:
- Keep the oral cavity clean.
- If the doctor prescribes any medicines, keep taking them regularly.
- The pain, bruising, and swelling (if any) will subside in a few days.
- Use cold drinks only and start eating when the local anesthesia has worn off.
Dental Implants offer numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- The patient will feel comfortable after it.
- This procedure improves the patient’s speech.
- The patient will have a better eating experience.
- This procedure will improve the patient’s self-confidence.
- The patient’s dental appearance will also be enhanced.
Cost of the Treatment
The cost of Dental Implant Treatment is not fixed, because some variable factors impact the final cost. If you want to learn the exact Dental Implants Cost in Dubai, you should consult an expert.
Dental Implants FAQs
What are 4M Dental Implants?
4M Dental Implant is an advanced cosmetic dentistry procedure involving as few as four dental implants. These four implants can secure an entire arch of teeth and look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The 4M Dental Implant technique has made it possible for people with very little bone to take dental implants.
How long does it take to replace teeth using dental implants?
The time required to implant a tooth varies for different patients. Your surgeon can provide you with a timeframe after diagnosis, analysis, and planning. Typically, the duration depends on the patient’s needs, medical, and dental history, materials used, jawbone’s health, and treatment technique. For traditional implants, it can take months; however, the Same Day Implant only takes one day.
Are dental implants safe?
Yes, dental implants are totally safe. The metals and materials used to make these implants are carefully tested before they are made available to be placed inside the mouth. Nevertheless, it is better to ask the surgeon about the reliability of the implant they are going to use.
How long do dental implants last?
The life of dental implants varies for different people. Generally, dental implants are long-lasting and can typically last a lifetime. They are not susceptible to dental diseases such as decay, unlike natural teeth. However, it is essential to take care of the implanted teeth to increase their lifespan.
Is the procedure painful?
The surgeon will administer local anesthesia to avoid pain and discomfort. Due to anesthesia, the patient will not feel any pain, and it will not hurt at all. The patient will be able to return to work and routine activities the next day. However, slight bruising and discomfort may last for a while.
What can I eat after surgery?
Dental implant surgery will give you a strong tooth that feels like a natural one. A person who has had a dental implant will be able to eat anything without worrying about the damage. However, patients should start with soft foods and gradually move towards regular food items. The person will get a better biting experience.
Are dental implants for children as well?
In general, adults are considered suitable candidates for the procedure. If your child has lost one or more teeth, you should consult a dental surgeon for the options. If your child needs a dental implant, the surgeon will have to wait until they cross the development and growth age, which normally stops at 16 for females and 18 for males.
Are dental implants covered by insurance?
You should check with your medical insurance company. In general, insurance companies cover a portion of dental restorative procedures. The Euromed Clinic Center offers financing options for those who do not want to pay the full price of the procedure.
Consult an Expert
If you have lost your teeth, you can get them back by taking the Dental Implant Treatment. You can schedule a consultation with the Best Implantologist in Dubai at the Euromed® Clinic Center by calling us or filling in the online form now.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- General Dentist
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more