Our gums and teeth can become affected by numerous diseases. To treat these diseases, dentists have been using techniques and equipment that harm the skin, teeth, or gums. Fortunately, with the emergence of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dentistry, dental procedures have become advanced and harmless. The Cold Laser or Low-Level Laser Therapy uses specific light wavelengths to augment treatment results, reduce side effects, and expedite recovery.
Table of Contents
What is Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dentistry?
Used clinically by the best dental professionals for decades, Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) sounds too good to be true. However, the results are clear to see. LLLT can:
- Reduce pain
- Improve healing
- Relieve muscle tension
- Regenerate nerves without the need for pharmaceutical intervention
LLLT is integral to advanced pain-minimizing dental treatments. Moreover, the benefits of this groundbreaking treatment do not stop there. The effect of LLLT on neurological disorders is equally miraculous.
Aim of the Treatment
The Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dubai aims to:
- Minimize the pain
- Expedite the healing process
- Reduce and eliminate the swelling
- Boost metabolic activity and cell growth
- Enhance the effectiveness of a treatment
Which treatments are covered?
- Bell’s Palsy
- Bone Density
- Herpes Simplex
- TMJ Disorders
- Aphthous Ulcers
- Post-Scaling Pain
- Tooth Movement
- Periodontal Disease
- Post Extraction Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Dental Hypersensitivity
- Dentine Hypersensitivity
- Osseointegration of Implants
You can be a good candidate for LLLT if you:
- Have good mental and physical health
- Need to get instant pain relief
- Have realistic expectations for the results
- Are suffering from any disorders mentioned above
Your dentist will recommend some pre-procedure instructions to get the best results. Some general instructions are as follows:
- Take the prescribed lab tests.
- Regularly take prescribed medicines.
- Stop using any kind of blood thinners.
- Discuss with your physician if you have any allergies.
- Only take the prescribed food before the treatment.
- Stop taking caffeinated and alcoholic drinks before the procedure.
With LLLT, our experts can manage and treat a range of painful and often life-limiting conditions. Such conditions are otherwise treated with the long-term use of painkilling drugs. This treatment’s most amazing aspect is that lasers only elicit responses from unhealthy cells when used by a qualified professional. Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dentistry uses the energy produced and does not affect healthy cells. Instead of treating the pain with pharmaceuticals after the appointment, the expert will treat and manage the pain immediately, in the clinic.
Whenever the nerves are damaged, due to trauma or other underlying causes, it can result in lip numbness or paresthesia. This condition can generally take around 6 months and several rounds of cortisone treatment to clear up. With the use of LLLT, this time can be significantly reduced, leading to faster regeneration and return of sensation.
With Neuralgia comes chronic pain and reduced quality of life. But with specially designed protocols of LLLT over several sessions, the attacks can be inhibited, making the patient pain-free.
Headaches or migraines are some of the most common complaints among men and women. These can have many underlying causes but often only one treatment, which is long-term reliance on medicine. With a combined approach according to the causes and symptoms, LLLT can be used in the fight against headaches. It effectively treats headaches due to muscle stress, post-traumatic conditions, or pain associated with grinding and clenching. Patients can regain their quality of life and look forward to a pain-free future.
Usually, the dentist provides some post-procedure guidelines to help recover quickly. Some general post-procedure instructions are as follows:
- Only take the prescribed food items.
- Visit the dentist if you experience any unusual side effects.
- Do not forget to take the prescribed medications.
- Do not brush your teeth until the dentist allows.
Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dubai has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- The procedure is virtually pain-free.
- It helps heal quickly from the injury.
- Laser therapy eliminates the swelling.
- It enhances the healing process.
- It makes the treatment results better.
- The procedure improves metabolic activity and cell growth.
- It enhances the effectiveness of a treatment procedure.
Cost of the Treatment
The cost of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dentistry is not fixed because it depends on variable factors. But at Euromed Clinic Center, all our treatments are priced competitively. So, contact us now to find out the exact cost in your case.
Consult an Expert
If you want to learn more about Low-Level Laser Therapy in Dentistry, you can avail of an online consultation by calling us or filling the online form. So, do not hesitate to contact us and ask any questions that you may have.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- Dentist General Dentist General Dentistry
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more