The teeth are a vital organ for individuals of every age, but they are especially crucial for children under 7-8 years. Many children in this age group develop dental diseases and irregularities that may cause permanent defects. Luckily, early orthodontic treatment is an opportunity to detect any dental issues among children of ages 8 to 10. Please continue reading to know the procedure, benefits, results, and cost of Early Orthodontic Treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
What is Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Laying the foundations to good teeth is one of the most important things you can do for your child. Healthy teeth and gums can save them from a lifetime of dental pain and discomfort. Early Orthodontic Treatment is crucial for building a solid dental foundation and is highly recommended by the American Board of Orthodontics. Early Orthodontic Treatment primarily aims to reduce the severity of developing dental problems and eliminate underlying causes.
Symptoms of Early Treatment
Parents may notice some symptoms in their children which indicate that they need Early Orthodontic Treatment. These symptoms may include:
- Protruding teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Speech impediments
- Difficulties chewing or biting
- Crowded front teeth at the age of 7 or 8
- Continued thumb sucking after the age of 5
- Shifting of the jaw when the child opens and closes their mouth
- Early/late loss of baby teeth (children lose baby teeth between the ages of 5-13)
Aim of the Treatment
The Early Orthodontic Treatment for children aged 8-10 aims to:
- Prevent dental infections and diseases
- Increase the life of the teeth and gums
- Check the dental health of the children
- Help diagnose dental and gum disease in time
Early Orthodontic Treatment in Dubai is for children between ages 8 and 10. The parents who want to keep the teeth of their child safe should choose this procedure.
Orthodontists believe in the importance of Early Orthodontic Treatment, and that adolescence is the best time to treat orthodontic problems. The dental surgeon can utilize this growth by treating a child’s orthodontic issues while their facial bones are still developing. It leads to a more stable result and a better aesthetic appearance.
At your child’s first appointment, the orthodontist will evaluate whether or not your child needs Early Orthodontic Treatment. They will examine your child’s teeth carefully and gently. After the initial assessment, the duration and specificity of treatment can vary greatly, but each child gets the expert help they need.
The benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment are undeniable, as it can help your child dramatically in later life. For patients who have indications of early orthodontic issues, Early Treatment offers an opportunity to:
- Guide the growth of the jaws
- Guide erupting permanent teeth to suitable positions
- Regulate the width of the upper or lower dental arches
- Improve personal appearance and self-esteem
- Help eliminate harmful oral habits, such as thumb and finger sucking
- Reduce or eliminate abnormal swallowing and some speech problems
- Potentially simplify or shorten treatment time for later comprehensive orthodontics
Cost of Early Treatment (between the ages of 8-10)
The cost of Early Orthodontic Treatment varies from child to child due to several variable factors, like:
- Severity of the problem
- Condition of the teeth
- Treatment technique
- Number of sessions
- Orthodontist’s expertise
- Clinic’s location
Euromed® Clinic Center offers this treatment at a reasonable price. If you want to know the exact Early Orthodontic Treatment price in Dubai for your child, please feel free to contact us.
Consult an Expert
Early Orthodontic Treatment in Dubai will be a good choice if you want to keep your child’s teeth safe. To get expert help, you can consult our orthodontists at Euromed® Clinic Center. Please call us or fill the online form to book an online consultation.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- General Dentist and Implantologist Europe
Dr. Sofia Aravopoulou is a DHA-licensed general dentist and implantologist with 18+ years of experience. She is an expert in Digital Smile Design (DSD) and currently serves as the Head of the Dental Department at the Euromed Clinic Center.Read more
- Dentist General Dentist General Dentistry
Dr. Carla Cyrino is a professional general and cosmetic dentist having 25 years of experience, licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, Digital Smile Design, gummy smile correction, etc.Read more