Regular checkups are essential to rule out the possibility of serious diseases, especially cancer. These examinations help doctors take preventive measures and decide the best course of treatment. Moreover, if a doctor finds signs pointing to the presence of severe disease, they may advise taking a biopsy test. A Biopsy Test in Dubai helps discover if cancerous cells are indeed present in the body. Below we have shared everything about a biopsy test from procedure to biopsy test price, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a biopsy test?
- 2 Types of Biopsies
- 3 Procedure
- 4 Pre-Procedure Care
- 5 Post-Procedure Care
- 6 Candidacy Criteria
- 7 Cost of the Treatment
- 8 Benefits
- 9 Diagnosis for Biopysis FAQ’s
- 10 Consult an Expert
What is a biopsy test?
A biopsy is a medical test involving tissue collection from the patient to identify the existence and intensity of a specific disease. This test helps diagnose severe diseases like cancer and hepatitis. Typically, a minimally invasive biopsy can be performed at the doctor’s office without taking many precautions for the procedure. However, an invasive procedure is generally done at the hospital.
Moreover, a doctor decides the type of biopsy for each patient, depending on the possible tumor location. After removing a small tissue from the patient, the doctor examines it under a microscope and diagnoses the presence or absence of disease.
Many other tests, such as CT-Scan and X-Rays, are also helpful to determine the presence of cancer in the body. However, a Biopsy Test in Dubai is the surest way to diagnose cancer and other harmful diseases.
Types of Biopsies
There are multiple techniques to take a biopsy sample, including X-ray, ultrasound, and MRI. There are also different types of biopsies, including:
- Punch Biopsy
- Needle Biopsy
- CT-Guided Biopsy
- Breast Biopsy
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Bone Biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
- Liver Biopsy
- Kidney Biopsy
- Prostate Biopsy
- Skin Biopsy
- Surgical Biopsy
- Aspiration Biopsy
The procedure of a Biopsy Test in Dubai depends on the type of biopsy chosen for each individual. Depending on the target location, each individual will lie down on their back or stomach or sit up during the biopsy. Moreover, the patient will get topical or local anesthesia before the biopsy to avoid pain or discomfort. After numbing the treatment area, the doctor will remove a skin tissue using the most suitable biopsy technique.
Typically, the pre-procedure instructions depend on the type of biopsy a patient needs, and some biopsies require more preparation than others. However, some general pre-procedure instructions are as follows:
- Inform the doctor about any allergies and medical conditions before the procedure.
- The doctor may recommend avoiding eating or drinking anything for a few hours before the biopsy.
- Avoid products containing aspirin, including Advil, Motrin, and Tylenol, for one week before treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated for 2-3 days before undergoing the treatment
- Get fleet enema if prescribed by the doctor.
Some general post-procedure instructions are as follows:
- Most patients receive anesthesia before the biopsy. So, it is better to get someone to drive you home.
- If the biopsy is of a non-invasive nature, it does not have any downtime.
- Patients can resume their routine activities almost immediately, but the doctor will guide them according to their condition.
Generally, patients in good health do not require a biopsy. However, if a doctor finds irregularities in the patient’s body during a regular checkup or an initial test, they may suggest a biopsy. Undergoing a Biopsy Test in Dubai does not mean the patient has cancer; it only allows a closer examination.
Cost of the Treatment
A skin biopsy test cost is not fixed because it depends on several variable factors. Some of these factors are:
- Type of the biopsy
- Number of biopsies
- Combined procedures (like removal of tumor after diagnosis)
- Practitioner’s expertise
- Clinic’s location
Although the biopsy test cost in Dubai is not fixed, Euromed Clinic Center offers these tests at reasonable prices. In order to find out the final price in your case, please get in touch with us.
Some benefits of the Biopsy Test in Dubai are as follows:
- A biopsy can help diagnose cancer.
- It can also identify infections, inflammation, and autoimmune disorders.
- It can also determine how far a disease has progressed.
- Biopsies are also helpful for matching organ tissue before a transplant.
- A biopsy can be done to rule out the possibility of a specific disease and choose the best treatment option.
Diagnosis for Biopysis FAQ’s
How should I prepare for a biopsy?
Most of the biopsies are minimally invasive and require fewer preparations. Before your biopsy test, your doctor will provide you with all the pre-test instructions in written form. You will be guided about all the pre-procedure care according to your assigned biopsy test.
What is the equipment used for a biopsy?
There are multiple types of biopsy procedures, and the equipment used for the procedure depends upon the type of biopsy.
Is a biopsy painful?
Patients may feel slight pain or discomfort during the procedure, but it depends on the selected type of biopsy. Moreover, anesthesia is administered before the treatment starts to ensure comfort.
Consult an Expert
The specialists at Euromed Clinic Center are experts at performing biopsies. For your consultation, fill the online form or contact us on the given numbers. One of our doctors will examine your condition and recommend a Biopsy Test in Dubai. After the biopsy results, they will choose the best suitable treatment according to your requirement.