Our bodies can develop several skin conditions over time due to a number of reasons. While most skin conditions are not harmful or life-threatening, some can transform into severe problems. For instance, a mole or wart on the skin can develop into a form of skin cancer. In order to prevent such severe conditions, several surgical and non-surgical treatments are available. Cryotherapy in Dubai is an innovative treatment that helps get rid of skin irregularities and rule out the possibility of cancer. Please continue reading to learn more about Cryosurgery or Cryotherapy.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cryotherapy?
- 2 Procedure
- 3 Candidacy Criteria
- 4 Benefits
- 5 Cost of the Treatment
- 6 Cryosurgery FAQ’s
- 6.1 What types of cancer can be treated with cryosurgery?
- 6.2 At which state can cryosurgery be used to treat prostate cancer?
- 6.3 At which stage can cryosurgery be used to treat primary liver cancer?
- 6.4 Does cryotherapy have side effects?
- 6.5 Where is the cryotherapy available in Dubai?
- 6.6 How bad does Cryotherapy hurt?
- 6.7 At what age can you do Cryotherapy?
- 7 Consult an Expert
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a vital treatment for tumors and cancerous tissues present on the surface of the skin. Moreover, it can also play a crucial role in removing the cells that exist inside the body.
Cryotherapy or Cryosurgery in Dubai involves using liquid nitrogen at a temperature of about -320 and -346 F (-110°C – -180°C). The nitrogen gas at an extremely low temperature can freeze anything in contact. As in the case of human tissues, it can damage the cells while in contact with them. So, this treatment utilizes extreme cold to kill abnormal tissues in the body, such as cancer. Besides nitrogen, carbon dioxide and argon can also be used.
Different types of Cryotherapies are available for the outside and inside of the body.
In external Cryotherapy, the therapist sprays the cold nitrogen on the targeted areas of the skin, killing the precancerous tissues. Following this, a scar will be formed at the skin’s surface, which a bandage can cover.
In the case of tumors inside the body, the doctor injects a cryoprobe into the patient’s body to send a cold through it. At the start, the therapist takes images of the body where the tumors exist. Then, with the help of the cryoprobe, they can accurately target the affected areas.
After the procedure, the cold substance in the body starts to warm out, enabling the body’s natural immune system to clean up the harmful tissues.
Cryotherapy in Dubai helps treat several conditions, including:
- Skin Tags
- Actinic Keratosis
- Vascular Lesions
- Pigmented Lesions
- Benign Tumors
- Viral Infections
- Inflammatory Dermatoses
- Infectious Dermatoses
- Premalignant and Malignant Tumors
The preparation for the treatment depends on the type of procedure that patients will undergo. Internal Cryotherapy has similar requirements to any surgery, while there are few pre-procedure requirements for external Cryotherapy.
After Cryotherapy, patients can return home immediately, but the therapist will give them some aftercare guidelines. These guidelines vary from patient to patient, but some general post-procedure instructions are as follows:
- In the case of internal Cryotherapy, patients may be asked to stay at the clinic overnight.
- Patients must be careful with the incision site to avoid infection in the case of internal Cryotherapy.
The ideal candidates to undergo Cryosurgery in Dubai are the individuals:
- Having an early-stage tumor
- Having an early-stage prostate cancer
- Not having any severe medical conditions besides the one being treated
- Wanting to improve their overall appearance
- Not wishing to undergo a surgical procedure
- Having realistic expectations from the treatment
- Someone who has some knowledge about the treatment
There are numerous Cryotherapy benefits. Some of these are as follows:
- Cryosurgery helps lose weight by burning about 500-800 calories in a day.
- This therapy can also offer a performance boost to athletes and sports enthusiasts.
- It reduces fatigue and muscle pain to speed up workouts.
- Cryo also improves metabolism and overall health.
- Migraines and headaches can also be managed with Cryotherapy.
- It also enhances insomnia, mood swings, and sleep patterns.
- It enhances the oxygen supply to the blood and blood circulation.
- Cryotherapy also improves metabolism.
- It can eliminate different skin irregularities and improve the skin.
- It supplies sufficient oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
Cost of the Treatment
Like several other cosmetic treatments, the price of Cryotherapy varies from patient to patient. The reason is that various cost-determining factors influence the final treatment price. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Type of skin problem being treated
- Treatment technique
- Number of sessions
- Desired results
- Practitioner’s expertise
- Clinic’s location and reputation
If you want to learn the exact Cryotherapy Dubai price, please get in touch with an expert at Euromed Clinic Center.
What types of cancer can be treated with cryosurgery?
Cryotherapy can be a valuable treatment for various types of cancers and precancerous tissues. Apart from prostate and liver cancers, it can also treat many other tumors. These include retinoblastoma, skin cancers (at early stages), precancerous lesions, cervix at the precancerous condition, etc.
At which state can cryosurgery be used to treat prostate cancer?
Cryosurgery is utilized to treat prostate cancer at its earlier stages. During the earlier stages of cancer, it is easier to diagnose and get rid of cancerous cells.
At which stage can cryosurgery be used to treat primary liver cancer?
Cryotherapy can help in treating the type of primary liver cancer which has not spread yet.
Does cryotherapy have side effects?
Yes, it has a few side effects but those are less dangerous than surgery or radiation treatments.
Where is the cryotherapy available in Dubai?
This life-saving treatment is available at Euromed Clinic Center Dubai.
How bad does Cryotherapy hurt?
Typically, Cryotherapy does not hurt. Patients may feel a strange sensation in their bodies due to the extreme cold. However, once the procedure completes, their body temperature will start warming up.
At what age can you do Cryotherapy?
Most experts consider Cryotherapy to be suitable for individuals above 18. However, minors between the ages of 11 and 13 can also undergo this treatment with parental or guardian consent.
Consult an Expert
If you want to undergo Cryosurgery or Cryotherapy in Dubai, please consider Euromed Clinic Center for its exceptional services. Our experts keep the candidate’s satisfaction above everything else. So, please book an appointment with our experts by filling the online form or giving us a call.