- The skin lesion is a part of the skin that grows abnormally and seems different than other parts of the skin.
- Excision hints to the surgical removal of the skin lesions.
What is the Purpose of excision?
You may have to necessarily remove skin lesions due to following reasons.
- The lesions are larger in size and you feel uncomfortable
- Those lesions could also be cancerous and if it is not removed at earlier stages, it may spread to the whole skin and become fatal.
- Others reasons include identification of cyst, correcting appearance.
- Perpetual disturbance of the skin because of the sore
- Unfavorably susceptible skin conditions
- Immune system issue influencing the skin
- Contamination of skin
How to prepare?
You will have a pre-op meeting with your doctor who will guide you exactly how to get prepared for the treatment. Some of them are following.
- The doctor will examine your condition and evaluate your medical history
- Abstain from taking blood thinners to avoid any bleeding during the procedure
- You will need to take all necessary medical examinations
- Do not use any cosmetic product, topical medications on the area of skin before undergoing the procedure.
- Avoid using makeup for a week before the surgery
- Stop alcohol consumptions a week before the treatment
- The diabetic patients will need to control their sugar and blood level by taking prescribed medicines regularly.
How is it done?
- Initially, the area of concern will be cleaned with antibiotic fluid.
- A local anesthesia will be administered to ease from any discomfort
- Sterile techniques are used to remove the skin lesions
- Wounds are sealed using stitches
- On the occasion, if the removed lesions are larger in size, the skin graft can be utilized to cover the wounded area.
The procedure is normally done at the doctor’s clinic and doesn’t require you to stay a night in the hospital. Depending on the type of technique, the most patient normally comes back to their routine after a week. However, in some cases, it takes more time to recover. There are 4 ways to perform the surgery.
- Shave Excision
- Scissor Excision
- Laser Treatment
Where the surgery is performed and who performs it?
The skin lesion excision surgery will be performed at the well-equipped operation theatre of the clinic. A bunch of senior and board-certified surgeon will supervise the procedure.
What is the difference between an excision and a resection?
Excision includes the removal of a lesion from a body and the other body parts remain unchanged. Whereas, resection may include singular as well as multiple parts of the body.
How long is the procedure?
The procedure can be performed between 20-60 minutes.
Is it painful a procedure?
You may encounter a slight shivering amid treatment. To help oversee solace and safety, the framework is furnished with a chilled sapphire tip which cools skin previously, amid, and after each heartbeat. Contingent upon the level of treatment, your doctor may offer an anesthesia to help numb the skin preceding treatment.
What are the possible complications of the procedure?
There are general factors that expansion the danger of getting intricacies amid Skin Lesion Removal surgery and they include:
- Stoutness: Generally more noteworthy the level of weight, more prominent is the surgical hazard
- Smoking: Longer the smoking history (in pack-years smoked), more noteworthy the surgical hazard
- Propelling age
- Ineffectively controlled diabetes, as for proving by a high hemoglobin A1c and a high fasting glucose
- Ineffectively working kidney, as for proving by expanded BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and blood creatinine
- Inadequately working liver, as for confirming by expanded blood liver capacity tests
- Hypertension (expanded circulatory strain), particularly in the event that it is inadequately controlled
- Poor nourishing status (hunger with mineral and vitamin lacks)
- Poor lung work, as for confirming by unusual lung work tests
- History of draining issue
- Longstanding disease, for example, immune system issue, constant contaminations
- Poor insusceptible framework because of an assortment of causes
What are the risks of the procedure?
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Wounds can catch infections if the care is not taken
- Anesthesia difficulties but in rare cases
- Use prescribed products to ease the pain
- Abstain from showering and taking the bath until the wounds are recovered completely
- Apply the instructed antibiotic regularly
- Do not take any medications that are not prescribed
How long is the recovery period?
It varies from a patient to patient depending on the severity of wounds in different individuals.
Who is the candidate?
You can be a decent candidate for a Skin Lesions Removal treatment if:
- You have an irregularity, sore or a zone of skin that isn’t like any part else of your body.
- Your unusual part of the body is due to skin cancer.
- The skin Lesion is causing you agony or uneasiness.
- You are in a decent health condition.
If you want to undergo the Excision of skin lesions treatment in Dubai, Euromed Clinic center is your place to go. The clinic is well equipped with the latest techniques and technologies to perform the best Skin lesions Excisions in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.