A skin lesion is a superficial growth on the skin’s surface that seems different from the rest of the skin. These superficial growths can appear in the form of warts, moles, skin tags, and even cysts. Usually, these lesions are benign and harmless. However, they are an aesthetic concern for many, and some lesions can develop into cancerous ones. Therefore, most people want to eliminate skin lesions. Luckily, we have different techniques available for the excision of skin lesions in Dubai. Below we have discussed skin lesion removal treatment in detail, along with its benefits and cost, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aim of the Treatment
- 2 Treatment Techniques
- 3 Pre-Procedure Care
- 4 Post-Procedure Care
- 5 Candidacy Criteria
- 6 Benefits of Skin Lesion Removal
- 7 Excision of Skin Lesion FAQ’s
- 8 Consult an Expert
Aim of the Treatment
Skin lesion removal in Dubai aims to:
- Eliminate large-sized lesions that cause discomfort
- Remove precancerous lesions
- Enhance cosmetic appearance
- Improve the immune system affected by the lesion
The procedure is usually done at the doctor’s clinic and does not require the patient to stay at the hospital overnight. Although it depends on the technique, most patients resume their routines after a week. However, in some cases, it takes more time to recover.
There are different techniques available for the excision of skin lesions, including:
Shave excision is excellent for getting rid of skin lesions appearing above the skin. During the treatment, an expert uses a small, sharp surgical blade to remove the outermost layer of the skin. This technique is perfect for eliminating lesions that are slightly raised above the skin surface.
In scissor excision, the expert uses a surgical scissor to cut the lesion from its base. They will use forceps to pull the lesion above and cut it at its base.
Cryotherapy or freezing uses a specific solution of liquid nitrogen to freeze the lesion. Once the liquid has broken down the skin tissues, an expert can easily peel the lesion off of the skin.
In laser treatment, the expert uses a high-intensity laser machine to target the lesion. The laser beams will destroy the skin tissue that created the lesion, and the lesion will disappear from the skin.
You will have a pre-procedure meeting with your doctor, who will guide you precisely about preparing for the treatment. During this, the doctor will examine your condition and evaluate your medical history. They will recommend what measures you need to take before the treatment. It might include but is not limited to the following:
- Abstain from taking blood thinners to avoid any bleeding during the procedure.
- Avoid any cosmetic products and topical medications on the area of the skin before undergoing the procedure.
Some general post-procedure instructions are as follows:
- Only use prescribed products in case of pain and discomfort.
- Avoid showering and taking a bath until the wounds are recovered completely.
- Apply the instructed antibiotic regularly.
- Do not take any medications that are not prescribed.
You are an ideal candidate for Skin Lesion Removal if:
- You have an irregularity, mole, or an area of the skin that does not match the rest of your body.
- The skin lesion is causing you agony or uneasiness.
- You are in good physical health.
- You want to improve your cosmetic appearance.
A Dermoscopy or biopsy has diagnosed the lesion to be cancerous.
Benefits of Skin Lesion Removal
Excision of skin lesions in Dubai has numerous benefits. Some of these are as follows:
- Skin lesion removal eliminates unwanted moles, warts, and lesions from the skin.
- The skin becomes smoother and flawless.
- It alleviates any pain or discomfort caused by the lesion.
- It can rule out the possibility of melanoma.
- The patient gets a massive boost in their self-confidence.
Excision of Skin Lesion FAQ’s
What are the Risks of the Procedure?
As with any surgery, there are risks such as:
• Uncontrolled bleeding
• Wounds can catch infections if the care is not taken
• Anesthesia difficulties but in rare cases
How Long is the Recovery Period?
The recovery period after lesion excision varies from patient to patient, depending on the severity of the wound. Moreover, the recovery period also varies according to the treatment technique.
How long does the procedure take?
Generally, the skin lesion removal procedure takes about 20-60 minutes. However, the treatment duration varies for each technique.
Is skin lesion removal painful?
Patients may experience slight shivering due to a chilled sapphire tip that cools the skin during the procedure. Moreover, in case of discomfort, topical anesthesia can be used.
Where is the surgery performed, and who performs it?
A board-certified surgeon will perform the skin lesion excision procedure either at the clinic or in an operating theatre.
Consult an Expert
If you want to undergo the excision of skin lesions in Dubai, Euromed Clinic Center should be your first choice. Our clinic is well equipped with the latest techniques and technologies to perform skin lesions excisions effectively. So, please schedule an appointment by filling the online form or giving us a call.
Please click here if you want to find out the Cost of Skin Lesions at our clinic.