Growing up in Syria, Dr. Bahjat Balbous had a real curiosity that he realized would be of great value in the field of psychiatry. With more than 25 years of experience, he is one of the UAE’s most experienced specialist psychiatrists. He received his medical degree from Kharkiv State Medical Institute in Ukraine in 1981. After that, he specialized in Psychiatry from the same university and went on to earn a Ph.D. from the Moscow Research Institute of Psychiatry in 1989.
Dr. Balbous is a DHA-Licensed Physician Specialist Psychiatry with a great deal of experience both in the UAE, and abroad. During his distinguished career, he has worked in Syria, Ukraine, and the UAE and he speaks several languages including Arabic, English, and Russian.
Among Dr. Balbous’ several qualifications, he has earned the certificate in “QEEG and Neurofeedback”. The pioneering Neurofeedback therapy is a non-invasive procedure, which involves the direct training of brain function, helping the brain learn to self-regulate and function more efficiently.
Having helped thousands of patients throughout his distinguished career, Dr. Balbous is committed to always be there for anyone who needs his help. Naturally patient and optimistic, Dr. Balbous’ favorite treatment is psychotherapy as he believes it can change people’s lives.
Expertise and Services
Research has shown Neurofeedback to be useful in the treatment of many psychiatric disorders, and Dr. Balbous incorporates it in treating:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
Academic Memberships and Awards
- Certificate in “QEEG and Neurofeedback”
- Doctor of Medicine Diploma from Kharkiv State Medical Institute, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 1981
- Ph.D. in Medicine (Psychiatry) from the Moscow Research Institute of Psychiatry, Moscow, Russia, 1989
- Specialization in Psychiatry (clinical ordinator) from Ukraine Post Graduate Medical Institute, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 1985