If you are the one dealing with type 2 diabetes (T2D) and aiming to lose weight while maintaining controlled blood sugar levels, there’s no need to search elsewhere. Ozempic injections are now conveniently available in Dubai, right in your vicinity.
What is Ozempic Injection?
Ozempic, also known as semaglutide, is a prescription medication administered through injections. It is designed to enhance blood sugar control and aid in weight reduction among adults diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Ozempic is meant to be used alongside a balanced diet and regular exercise.
What are the Benefits of Ozempic Injection?
If a person follows a proper diet and exercises while receiving Ozempic injections, they can benefit from the following::
- Ozempic can reduce the risk of major cardiovascular events, such as heart attacks and strokes, in adults with T2D.
- You can lose a significant amount of weight with Ozempic injection.
- Ozempic injection delays stomach emptying, resulting in reduced feelings of hunger and a decrease in excessive food consumption.
- Ozempic assists in lowering blood sugar levels and achieving better control over them.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Ozempic Injection?
To be eligible for Ozempic injections in the UAE, the following criteria must be met:
- The individual must be an adult diagnosed with T2D.
- Additionally, candidates may include those who are obese and have not seen satisfactory results from diet and exercise alone.
- People seeking to control their blood sugar and glycemic levels can also be considered suitable candidates.
- Patients with T2D who are also managing cardiovascular disease can be eligible for Ozempic treatment.
However, it is important to note that pregnant women, individuals planning pregnancy, and those who are breastfeeding should refrain from using Ozempic due to potential risks to the baby. While there is no proven scientific evidence supporting this claim, doctors speculate that there may be unknown side effects associated with its use in these cases.
How Do You Use Ozempic Injection?
Before delving into the proper technique of administering Ozempic injections, it is crucial to emphasise that all medications, including Ozempic, should only be used under the guidance and prescription of a qualified healthcare provider. Additionally, it’s important to note that Ozempic is a costly medication, making it imperative to follow each step carefully. Now, let’s proceed with the process:
- Ensure that the injection is up-to-date and not expired.
- Before preparing your pen, wash your hands.
- Remove the cap from the pen and ensure that the liquid inside the pen is clear and not cloudy.
- Take the needle and remove the label from it, then screw it tightly into the pen.
- Remove the outer cap from the needle, revealing the inner cap.
Checking Ozempic Flow
Now, let’s proceed to check the flow of Ozempic with each new pen. Follow these steps:
- Turn the dial to the flow check symbol.
- Press and hold the dose button to initiate the flow check.
- It’s crucial to note that you only need to perform the flow check with each new pen once.
- Next, you need to set your specific dose using the dose selector. Here’s how:
- Turn the dose selector dial until your prescribed dose is displayed.
- For example, rotate the dose selector from 0 mg until the dial shows 0.25 mg.
Preparing the Skin
- Take an alcohol swab.
- Rub the alcohol swab on the skin in a circular motion.
- Allow the skin to dry naturally.
- The drying process usually takes anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes.
Injecting Ozempic Injection
Once the skin is dry, proceed with the following steps to administer the Ozempic injection:
- Pinch a section of the skin.
- Insert the Ozempic injection at a 90-degree angle into the pinched area.
- Choose an injection site where the dose counter is easily visible.
- Gently push the pen while carefully monitoring the dose counter.
- Once the full dose is delivered, hold the pen in place for a few seconds.
- Safely remove the pen from the skin.
Discard the Needle
At the end, remove the needle and discard it in a dustbin or in a sharp container.
For removing the needle, you can use the scoop method i.e., take the removed outer cap again and then screw it on the pen and then turn. You will see the needle removed easily with this technique
How Ozempic Injection Work?
Ozempic works by replicating the psychological effects of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). This hormone helps regulate blood sugar levels. In addition, ozempic injection has the ability to increase the release of insulin (a hormone that lowers blood sugar) when blood sugar levels are high, slow down digestion, and reduce the amount of glucose being released by the liver into the blood.
What are the Side Effects of Ozempic Injection?
As Ozempic is a relatively new treatment approved in the U.S.A, there have been some side effects detected in certain individuals. It’s important to note that the side effects can vary from person to person. These side effects may include:
- Stomach pain
- Low blood sugar
- Injection site discomfort (such as redness, swelling, or itching at the injection site)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Gallbladder problems (rare cases)
What is the Price of Ozempic Injection in Dubai?
The Ozempic injection price in the UAE is subject to fluctuations over time, influenced by factors such as supply and demand. Initially, the base price of Ozempic was AED 1,200. However, the actual price may vary, either decreasing or increasing based on the availability of the injection. In situations where there is a shortage in the market, the price may be higher. Conversely, if there is a surplus, which is uncommon, the prices can stabilize.
Is Ozempic the Same as Mounjaro Injection?
Mounjaro and Ozempic injections are both suitable for adults with T2D, but they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Mounjaro is particularly effective in promoting weight loss and reducing blood sugar levels, resulting in improved glycemic control. On the other hand, Ozempic is associated with fewer side effects compared to Mounjaro.
Can you Use Ozempic Instead of Insulin?
No, Ozempic is not a substitute for insulin and is not suitable for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D) or those with diabetic ketoacidosis. As always, any medication should be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
How many kg can I lose with Ozempic?
There is no specific weight guarantee with Ozempic. Research shows that with a higher dose (2 mg) and strict diet and exercise, you can lose up to 6.80 kg in 40 weeks. With a 1 mg dose, you can lose up to 5.89 kg in 40 weeks.
Can I get Ozempic without diabetes?
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the USA has approved Ozempic specifically for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. However, there have been instances where healthcare providers may prescribe Ozempic off-label for weight loss purposes, depending on the individual’s requirements and obesity level, even if they don’t have diabetes. It’s important to consult with a board-certified healthcare professional who is an expert in this area to ensure the appropriate and safe use of the medication.
What happens if I stop taking Ozempic?
If you stop taking Ozempic abruptly, there is a risk of sudden glucose level spikes and potential complications. Therefore, doctors recommend gradually discontinuing Ozempic rather than stopping suddenly.
Does Ozempic melt belly fat?
Yes, Ozempic can reduce belly fat, as well as fats from the waist and back. However, the exact percentage of how much belly fat one can reduce through Ozempic or semaglutide can vary depending on the individual case, diet, and exercise.
What foods should be avoided while taking Ozempic?
While taking Ozempic, it is generally recommended to avoid
- High-calorie and high-sugar foods
- Processed snacks
- Fried foods
- Foods were high in saturated fats.
Additionally, it is advisable to limit the consumption of alcohol.
Though an expensive treatment, Ozempic injections are yielding productive results with fewer severe side effects. If you want to control your weight and blood sugar levels, this injection can provide you with the desired outcomes. However, it is important to consult with a specialist doctor before using any medication. For further inquiries and consultations with diabetologists, please call Euromed Clinic at +97143945422.