What is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a modern hair transplant technique in which the individual grafts are extracted from the donor area and implanted in the recipient area (usually the Scalp).
The donor area is usually the back of the head, where the hair is denser, and the chances of it falling again are rare.
Small incisions are made in the recipient area, and the hair follicles extracted from the donor area are implanted in the recipient area to give you an attractive and natural look.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is FUE Hair Transplant?
- 2 FUE Hair Transplant Results
- 3 Who is a good candidate for FUE hair Transplant?
- 4 Why do I need a hair transplant?
- 5 FUE Pre-Op care
- 6 How is an FUE hair transplant done?
- 7 FUE Post-Op care
- 8 What are the benefits of FUE hair transplants?
- 9 How long after FUE will I see results?
- 10 How do I find a good hair transplant surgeon?
- 11 How long is FUE recovery?
- 12 FUE Hair Transplant FAQs
- 13 Request an Appointment?
FUE Hair Transplant Results
Who is a good candidate for FUE hair Transplant?
If you are an individual who is experiencing hair fall and you have a strong donor area, you are the ideal candidate for a hair transplant.
You are an ideal candidate for FUE hair transplant if:
- If your hairline is receding
- Or your hair has a patchy growth.
- And you are unhappy with the outlook of your hair.
Why do I need a hair transplant?
You need a hair transplant to enhance your look and cover the patchy area of your head. People who experience significant hair fall lose their attractive looks, and hair transplantation helps you regain it.
FUE Pre-Op care
Like every other cosmetic procedure, FUE hair transplant also has several pre-op guidelines that you need to follow. These guidelines will ensure that the procedure is conducted safely and the desired results are achieved.
Some of the FUE Pre-op guidelines are mentioned below.
- You will not consume alcohol or coffee the night before your surgery.
- Smoking may delay wound healing. Therefore, it is advised to quit smoking a day before the procedure.
- You will apprehend your exercise plans the night before the transplant.
- You will have a good breakfast before your transplant.
- Wear an easily removable shirt. Ideally, you should be wearing a button-down shirt.
How is an FUE hair transplant done?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) takes individual hair follicles from the donor area and implants them one by one into the recipient area. The hair transplant procedure makes the recipient area’s hair much thicker and gives you an ideal look.
There are three steps in FUE hair transplant:
Step 1: In the first step, Local anesthesia is given to the patient, and the hair is extracted carefully from the donor area. Our surgeon and staff make sure to extract the hair that is suitable for implantation. After hair extraction, they are stored and processed in the storage medium.
Step 2: In this step, the opening of channels for hair transplantation takes place. This is an important step, and the angles of hair transplantation are decided in this step.
Step 3: The third step is the placement of hair. In this step, the grafts are carefully inserted into the opened channels in the proper direction to achieve the desired results. At Euromed Clinic, we aim to ensure the survival of 90 to 95% of hair grafts.
FUE Post-Op care
Post-op instructions are important to follow for speedy and wound-free healing. If you have ambiguities regarding these guidelines, discuss them with the surgeon so that you are guided accordingly.
- On the evening of your surgery, remove your bandages and take the prescribed medicines.
- Make sure to keep the recipient area away from the pillow while you are sleeping.
- On days 1-3, wash the back of your head with lukewarm water to clean the clots.
- Soak your head with lukewarm water on the 4th and 5th days for 15 to 20 minutes.
- On the 6th day, wash your implanted area with baby shampoo. This washing shall be performed regularly until the crust falls from the head.
- Avoid rubbing your head with a towel, not all the crusts need to fall in one day.
Within the first four weeks of implantation, the implanted hair falls. The implanted hair follicles remain in place, and the hair starts re-growing soon.
After the procedure, do not cover your scalp as it may block the air. Maintain a stress-free lifestyle for at least three weeks, which helps achieve the desired results of an FUE hair transplant.
What are the benefits of FUE hair transplants?
FUE hair transplant is more precise, and the results are better than traditional hair transplant practices.
The FUE transplant offers:
- Undetectable scarring
- Fast recovery
- Causes less discomfort, and
- It is affordable for most patients.
FUE has become popular because of its results. FUE hair transplant gives a more natural look to your hair.
How long after FUE will I see results?
The hair’s initial growth will occur within the first three months of the hair transplant. The rest of the growth will take place during the time span of 10 to 12 months.
Here are some stats which will answer your question in a better way:
- 50% of the growth will appear in the following six months of your hair transplant
- 80 % of the results will appear in 8 to 9 months of your hair transplant.
How do I find a good hair transplant surgeon?
It is important to choose the right surgeon for your hair transplant, the experienced surgeon will make sure that you get maximum results from your hair transplant. It is an irreversible procedure; therefore, it must be done with good care and expertise.
Some of the factors that are important for choosing the right FUE hair transplant surgeon are:
- Make sure that the surgeon is certified. At Euromed Clinic Dubai, we have DHA-certified plastic surgeons with 30 years of experience in plastic surgery.
- You will also consider the technical staff of the surgeon, the surgeon must have experienced staff.
- Ask your surgeon for the results that he or she has achieved. Before and after pictures are one of the best ways to assess the surgeon’s performance.
How long is FUE recovery?
The recovery after the FUE hair transplant occurs in the procedure’s first week. Since the procedure doesn’t involve large incisions, the recovery time is lesser.
You are recommended to take rest for at least a week after the procedure. Although there aren’t any major scars on either the donor area or recipient area yet, there are small incisions that will take some days to recover.
FUE Hair Transplant FAQs
How much does FUE hair transplant cost in Dubai?
The starting cost of an FUE hair transplant in Dubai is 14,000 AED. Depending on your expectations from the procedure, the price may go up. For example, the cost will be lower if the patchy area is small, and the price will increase if you have a large patchy area.
Is FUE hair transplant worth it?
Yes, the FUE hair transplant is worth the money because it helps you regain your looks and become attractive as you were in your twenties. The survival rate of grafts in FUE hair transplants is almost 90%. The doctor's expertise is important in getting the maximum results from the procedure. Since FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution, it is worth it.
Do FUE hair transplants last forever?
Yes, FUE hair transplants are considered permanent and long-lasting. The hair implant is permanent. Therefore, the procedure is considered permanent.
Does FUE look natural?
Yes, FUE hair transplant looks natural. If the surgeon is experienced enough to carry out grafts harvesting in an efficient way, the results look quite natural. Hairline plays an important role in giving you natural looks.
Do I need to shave my head for FUE?
It is not mandatory to shave your head for an FUE hair transplant. The procedure can be performed without shaving, and the technical staff will extract the grafts through micro punches.
Is FUE painful?
During the procedure, there isn’t any pain caused by the FUE. However, little pain may be experienced after the procedure. Local anesthesia is given during the procedure, preventing pain during the surgery.
Which is better, FUE or FUT hair transplant?
FUE is considered a better and more advanced option. The surgeon has more options for extracting hair graft during this procedure than FUE. Secondly, this procedure doesn’t involve any visible scar. The best part about FUE hair transplant is that people will not be able to recognize it once your hair has grown.
Request an Appointment?
Once you have read all the information and decided to undergo an FUE hair transplant at Euromed Clinic Dubai, it is time to book a consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon. During the consultation, ask our surgeons about their work experience and the results they have achieved from FUE hair transplants.