The heart is one of the most important organs in our body. There are different methods to study how the heart performs its functions. For example, doctors use different ways to visualize blood vessels (coronary vessels) in the heart. AngioScan is a latest and important technique for medical imaging. It makes possible to visualization how coronary arteries work. Please continue reading to learn how this technique is helpful to you.
What is AngioScan?
It is a medical imaging method that has made it possible to visualize coronary arteries or blood vessels of the heart. To start, a health professional administers an injection of iodinated contrast agent. Then this technique is performed using a CT scanner.
It may seem complicated and risky but it is harmful at all. Actually, it is a safe and effective method to study how coronary arteries are working. Moreover, AngioScan is a painless, quick, non-invasive, examination of the blood vessels of the heart.
How AngioScan Works?
The way this technique works make it more accurate and secure than other techniques to study and visualize the coronary arteries. The volume mode is used to acquire an image which makes it possible to have multiplanar reconstructions. Furthermore, it makes it possible to accurately study of normal or pathological anatomical structures.
You might have heard about the conventional angiography which is used for the same purpose. The coronary AngioScan is much safer than this angiography. There are some side effects and our doctor will make sure the patient goes through a smooth examination.
What Can AngioScan Do?
Coronary obstructions or stenosis can be detected with AngioScan. This identification helps in verifying the permeability of bypasses & stents and to study cardiac and coronary anatomy. This test is helpful in finding the possibility of a severe coronary arteries blockage.
The test is a good way to identify any risks of heart attack and similar problems. A person can feel good and happy after knowing that he or she is safe from any cardiac problem. If an issue is detected, the person can take preventive measures to avoid heart problems.
This examination also checks for calcified and non-calcified atherosclerotic lesions. The family history, diabetes, hypertension, age, smoking, obesity, and high cholesterol are the main risk factors for atherosclerosis.
Parameters of AngioScan
The AngioScan is a comprehensive technique that measures the following:
- Heart Rate
- Stress Index
- Oxygen Saturation
- Pulse wave type A B C
- Vascular Stiffness (Large Arteries)
- Vascular Age (Small-Medium Vessels)
Benefits of AngioScan
The AngioScan has different benefits, the most important of which, are mentioned below:
- This test is easy to perform
- It automatically analyzes particular parameters.
- The central arterial blood pressure is also evaluated by this test.
- It assesses endothelial function in large and small arteries.
- The test assesses the stiffness of the arterial It is done by evaluating the augmentation index with the visualization late and early systolic waves.
Functions of AngioScan
- This program allows professionals to import or export database.
- The pulse waves can be examined in detail using its built-in tools.
- During the test, the results of different parameters are being displayed on the screen.
- The program has a database where personal data of patients and AngioScan results are stored for future reference.
- The effectiveness of the therapy can be monitored by the charts of parameters this program displays.
- The program allows running different important tests such as pharmacological tests, contour analysis, and occlusion tests.
Cost of AngioScan
In the UAE, different healthcare provides charge a different price. It is important to mention that AngioScan is an informational tool only and a licensed practitioner can perform the final diagnosis. To get the accurate results, you should visit a qualified and experienced professional.
Euromed Clinic Center Dubai has the right equipment and professionals who will help you see the true picture of your heart. Please get in touch with us to know the AngioScan cost.
Book an Appointment Now
Do you want to know how your heart is doing these days? If you are interested in AngioScan, the Euromed Clinic invites you for an appointment. Our licensed technicians and doctors will make sure you get the exact information about your heart and body functions.
To book an appointment, please feel free to call us or fill the short online form. To start a quick chat, please use our chat box.