Although chronic diseases are the most common of all health issues, they are preventable. Prevention includes promoting healthy activities that encourage healthy living and early detection of chronic diseases. It detects different conditions by screening at-risk populations. With the help of preventive measures, women, men, and children can stay healthy both inside and out. Preventive medicine in Dubai is improving day by day for different diseases. Therefore, investing in prevention techniques is beneficial for every individual’s well-being.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Preventive Medicine?
- 2 Benefits of Preventive Medicine
- 3 Preventive Healthcare Medicine FAQ’s
- 3.1 What does a preventative medicine doctor do?
- 3.2 What is an example of preventive medicine?
- 3.3 Is preventive medicine primary care?
- 3.4 What are preventive health measures?
- 3.5 Why is preventive medicine so important?
- 3.6 Is lab work considered preventive care?
- 3.7 Which lab tests are covered under preventive care?
- 3.8 Are eye exams considered preventive?
- 4 Consult an Expert
What is Preventive Medicine?
Preventive healthcare, or prophylaxis, means adopting healthy activities to promote healthy living. It also includes getting regular checkups to detect a medical problem at an early stage. An individual can prevent the onset of severe diseases and medical issues by adopting preventive healthcare.
Preventive care, also known as routine care, includes:
- Annual Checkups
- Flu Shots
- Tests and Screenings
Chronic diseases are indeed becoming excessively common all over the world. But now, it is possible to reverse or reduce chronic problems through advancements in the medical field. If you are suffering from a chronic illness, you should consider the preventive medicine program at Euromed Clinic Center that delivers excellent results.
How Does Preventive Medicine Work?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), seven out of ten deaths are caused by chronic diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease. Preventive care and reversal treatment in Dubai helps people prevent or reverse several chronic diseases. So, avoiding chronic illnesses means higher chances of living longer.
Based on the problem, a person can follow different preventive measures to avoid various illnesses. Some of these measures are discussed below:
- Healthy Diet: Eating healthy food provides the body with vitamins and mineral elements to guard against every disease.
- Physical Exercises: A physically active body has more strength to fight against the attack of different viruses.
- No Smoking: Smoking affects not only your lungs but different organs in the body. It creates a toxic inflammatory atmosphere that can trigger cancer and other diseases.
- Water Screening Analysis: 75% percent of the human body is made of water. Sources of water, like alkaline and mineralized water, are best to keep a healthy body and get rid of toxins.
- Early Screening and Blood Testing: With the help of early blood screening and blood testing, multiple diseases can be detected, diagnosed, and treated early.
- Consult an Expert: Getting in touch with an expert as soon as you notice anything unusual about your body can also help prevent different severe diseases.
Notable Screenings to Consider
Our bodies go through different changes every day, and these negative changes often lead to various health problems. The only way to prevent such life-threatening diseases is by getting annual medical checkups and examinations.
Preventive medicine in Dubai offers several screenings that are crucial to avoiding the following diseases:
- Skin Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- High Blood Pressure
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Some common screening tests include:
- Smoking Cessation
- Well Woman Exams
- Bone Density Screening
- Health Weight Counseling
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening
- Syphilis, Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea Testing
Benefits of Preventive Medicine
An increasing number of people are now opting for preventive medicine all over the world. For people suffering from chronic and severe diseases, these techniques offer a ray of hope. A person can get promising results by consulting a doctor specializing in preventive medicines.
Here are some notable benefits of preventive medicine in Dubai:
- Preventive care can increase the lifespan of an individual.
- Individuals will be able to live actively and happily.
- These techniques work quickly and deliver effective results.
- Preventive care helps avoid substantial medical bills and havoc wreaked by a disease.
- It helps avoid painful or uncomfortable symptoms of chronic disease.
Preventive Healthcare Medicine FAQ’s
What does a preventative medicine doctor do?
His primary responsibility is to find ways to prevent people from developing diseases. Preventive medicine doctors also prevent the spread of viral infections and direct health programs for this purpose.
What is an example of preventive medicine?
Any medicine that stops the spread of disease is preventive medication. For instance, preventative medicine for hypertension is to screen and treat it before it becomes a severe problem.
Is preventive medicine primary care?
Yes, preventive care is an essential aspect of primary care. However, there are substantial variations in the use of preventative medicine all around the world.
What are preventive health measures?
The preventive care and reversal treatment are carried out at the primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention levels. It consists of different measures considered necessary to delay a particular disease or at least slow it down.
Why is preventive medicine so important?
Preventive medicine is essential because it can help stop a disease even before it starts spreading, as outbreaks of certain conditions can be life-threatening.
Is lab work considered preventive care?
Yes, lab work is considered preventive care. During the patient’s preventive exam, the doctor usually prescribes different lab tests, like blood and cholesterol. The type of tests is determined by keeping various factors, like age, gender, health history, etc., in mind.
Which lab tests are covered under preventive care?
Not all lab tests are covered under preventive medicine. Some lab tests covered under preventive care include cholesterol screening, mammography screening, colonoscopy screening, cervical cancer screening, prostate cancer screening, osteoporosis screening, etc.
Are eye exams considered preventive?
Eye exams are considered preventive care and reversal treatment but only for kids. Adult eye exams are not covered under preventative medicine. So, people under 19 years of age can get eye exams for free.
Consult an Expert
If you are ready to prevent diseases and live a healthy life, the Euromed Clinic Center can help. Our experts can explain how timely investing in your health can save you from a severe chronic disease. To book an appointment, please call us or fill the short online form now. You can also message us through the chatbox.