Women can often have problems breastfeeding, such as latching difficulties, painful nursing and low milk production. Thankfully Dr Lali is on hand help to teach mothers how to feed their babies.
What does a consultation involve?
Usually, a lactation consultation involves:
- Weight check of the baby.
- Correct positioning and attachment of your baby to the breast.
- Encouraging milk supply and storage of milk whether you are an at-home or working mother.
- A discussion of feeding patterns of feeding.
- Nutritional advice for mother.
- Support and encouragement.