Fat bulges are a significant concern for anyone wanting to be in good shape. These bulges mar the body’s appearance by making contours less prominent. The good news is this problem can be addressed with multiple clinical procedures, one of which is CoolSculpting or fat freezing. It is an innovative treatment that can help you get a flatter tummy, slimmer thighs, and shapelier hips, all without going under the knife.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive fat-freezing procedure that helps eliminate stubborn fat in specific body areas. ‘CoolSculpting’ is a brand name for a method called cryolipolysis. This treatment was approved by FDA in 2010 for its body-contouring ability without causing significant side effects.
The idea behind using cryolipolysis to destroy fat cells originated when scientists studied the impact of frostbite on body fat. They discovered that the freezing temperature of fat is higher than that of the skin. Based on this, they developed cryolipolysis, which uses controlled cooling to freeze fat cells without damaging skin tissues.
Table of Contents
- 1 Body Areas for Fat Freezing Procedure
- 2 Who is the best candidate for CoolSculpting?
- 3 Procedure For CoolSculpting
- 4 What are the Benefits of CoolSculpting?
- 5 Fat Freezing Treatment Results
- 6 What is the downside of CoolSculpting?
- 7 How much is CoolSculpting in Dubai?
- 8 How long does CoolSculpting treatment last?
- 9 Does the fat come back after fat-freezing treatment?
- 10 Does CoolSculpting work on belly fat?
- 11 How long does it take to see the results?
- 12 Is CoolSculpting better than lipo?
- 13 Book an Appointment
Body Areas for Fat Freezing Procedure
CoolSculpting can be used to get rid of unwanted fat cells in several body areas, including:
- Bra rolls
- Back fat
Who is the best candidate for CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting works best on specific body areas and may only be viable for a particular group of candidates. For this reason, several factors must be considered when determining whether you are a good candidate for this procedure.
- Fat freezing is suitable for patients with small pockets of fat. This is because this treatment doesn’t help you lose body weight. You are a good candidate for this treatment if you are not excessively overweight and want to remove fat bulges that do not respond to exercise and diet.
- You must have realistic expectations of the procedure. The entire CoolSculpting treatment plan may involve multiple sessions, each leading to a 20-25% reduction in pinchable fat. Moreover, the final results are usually visible several months after the treatment.
- You want to achieve attractive body contours. CoolSculpting doesn’t help you lose weight. However, it is an ideal option if you want to redefine your body contours. That being said, the results achieved from this treatment are rather subtle instead of dramatic.
Procedure For CoolSculpting
The procedure can take about 35-75 minutes per session, depending on the target area. It is done on an outpatient basis with no anesthesia required.
The CoolSculpting treatment starts with a healthcare provider applying a gel pad and a specialized applicator that initiates cryolipolysis. This applicator delivers cooling that travels through the skin into the targeted fat cells. The applicator’s side that comes into contact with the skin is usually a hollowed cup-shaped surface that suctions the skin and fat cells while transferring the cooling effect. The practitioner moves this applicator over the treatment area.
You may feel pulling and pinching on the treatment area during the treatment. However, the entire procedure involves little to no pain.
Immediately after the fat-freezing treatment, the practitioner will massage the treated area to break up frozen fat. This way, the destroyed fat cells become more absorbable for the body’s lymphatic system. The massaging may be slightly uncomfortable for some candidates but is usually well within the pain threshold.
What are the Benefits of CoolSculpting?
There are multiple benefits offered by CoolSculpting, including:
- It is an FDA-approved procedure
- Minimal to no downtime
- It can treat various areas at the same time
- Improves the appearance of body contours
- It is virtually painless
- It has clinically proven fat loss results
- The results are noticeable within a few weeks
- It is non-invasive
Fat Freezing Treatment Results
After the fat-freezing treatment, you may experience some redness, swelling, and soreness in the target area. These are minor side effects and subside within a few days.
You will notice a significant improvement in your body contours within three months after the first session. The final results generally appear 5-6 months after the completion of this treatment.
The results are permanent, and the eliminated fat cells do not return, provided you adhere to a healthy lifestyle.
What is the downside of CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is generally a safe procedure but has a few associated risks. These include:
- Skin sensitivity
- Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia
How much is CoolSculpting in Dubai?
The cost of Coolsculpting in Dubai generally starts from 2000 AED. The final price of this treatment commonly varies from person to person, primarily due to several factors involved, such as:
- Treatment area
- Amount of fat to remove
- Number of treatment sessions
- The geographic location of the clinic
How long does CoolSculpting treatment last?
Each treatment can take between 35 and 75 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Does the fat come back after fat-freezing treatment?
The fat cells eliminated during fat-freezing treatment do not come back.
Does CoolSculpting work on belly fat?
Yes, CoolSculpting is an effective treatment for belly fat. In fact, the primary aim of developing this treatment was to eliminate fatty tissues in the abdomen.
How long does it take to see the results?
Depending on the treatment area, the initial results of fat-freezing treatment will start being visible within a month and continue to improve over time.
Is CoolSculpting better than lipo?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure with minimal downtime and fewer risks. Liposuction can remove more fat deposits but is an invasive surgical procedure with more potential complications.
Book an Appointment
Do you want to regain the attractive body contours you had lost to those fat bulges? CoolSculpting may be the answer to your concerns. For more information, call us at +971 4 394 5422. You can also book a consultation using the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more