Cosmelan peel is a chemical peel that is vastly used to remove pigmentation, facial marks, and melasma. It is been used all over the world and proved to be a successful treatment for reducing facial pigments.
The procedure is non-invasive and safe, means you won’t experience any discomfort. However, your chosen specialist needs to have expertise in performing the procedure because the end result of the treatment is dependent on the skills of a therapist.
During your sitting with a therapist, he or she will apply a de-pigmenting mask on your skin. You will be advised not to remove the mask for 8-10 hours. After that, a clinician will carefully peel off the mask from your skin which will peel off the marks and pigments with itself. The exact time of masking your skin depends upon your specific condition and its severity.
Who is the Candidate?
If you are planning to undergo a Cosmelan peel procedure, you need to determine first, whether you are an ideal candidate or not.
All skin types are treatable with any concern. Moreover, our team will thoroughly examine your condition to let you know whether you are a candidate or not. Below mentioned are minor criteria on of an ideal candidate.
- Anyone who is suffering from pigmentation
- Individuals with fresh and even skin tone
- You need to have realistic expectations regarding the treatment
- You are good in follow up care
- Anyone in good overall health condition
Is Treatment Painful?
Since it is a non-surgical treatment, it does not induce any discomfort. You may feel slight bruising and discomfort during the removal of the de-pigmenting mask, but it is temporary and will go away in few hours.
How to Prepare?
Preparing well for the procedure is essential in a way that it can allow you get the maximum output from the upcoming procedure. Our expert team at Euromed will explain to you all the guidelines on how to prepare yourself for the treatment. You just need to follow them properly to get the maximum outcomes of the treatment. Here are few of the suggestions.
- When you are preparing for Cosmelan peel treatment, do not opt for another cosmetic procedure in parallel as this will affect the performance of both.
- Don’t wax the areas that are going to be treated
- Abstain from alcohol consumption
- Avoid nicotine smoking
After your procedure is done, you will be provided with a brief list on how to protect your treated areas after the procedure. You need to follow your doctor’s instructions to recover and get the final results of the treatment quickly. Here are few of the guidelines.
- Avoid exposing your treated areas directly to the sun
- Do not undergo any other cosmetic procedure for at least 30 days after the procedure
- Use prescription ointments and medicines regularly
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking for five days after the treatment.
Cosmelan Peel in Dubai
Our clinicians recommend getting a consultation before planning to undergo the procedure. This session allows you to get the required information from an expert. Here, at the Euromed, all of our specialists are board-certified and they have years of experience to deal with different kinds of patients successfully. So, you don’t need to be worried about anything and just contact us in case of any query. All you have to do is to fill the following form to book your consultation. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and book your appointment now!