Cosmelan is a chemical peel mainly used to remove pigmentation, facial marks, and melasma. This skincare treatment has been used worldwide and proved successful in reducing facial pigmentation. If you want to know more about Cosmelan peel in Dubai, please continue reading below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Treated Skin Concerns
- 2 Candidacy Criteria
- 3 Pre-Procedure Care
- 4 Procedure
- 5 Post-Procedure Care
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Cosmelan Peel FAQs
- 8 Consult an Expert
Treated Skin Concerns
Cosmelan peels can treat a variety of skin problems, including:
If you are planning to undergo a Cosmelan peel procedure, you need to determine first whether you are an ideal candidate or not.
Generally, a Cosmelan peel suits all skin types with various skin concerns. Below mentioned are the general criteria of an ideal candidate:
- Anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation
- Individuals who want fresh and even skin tone
- People having realistic expectations with the treatment
- Anyone in good overall health condition
Preparing well for the Cosmelan peel treatment is essential for getting the maximum output from the procedure. Our expert team provides candidates with pre-procedure guidelines which they need to follow to get optimum results. Some general instructions are as follows:
- Do not undergo another cosmetic procedure in parallel with a Cosmelan peel, as it will affect the performance of both.
- Do not wax the areas that are going to be treated.
- Keep the skin hydrated and moisturized.
A Cosmelan peel is a non-surgical, non-invasive, and safe procedure, which means candidates do not experience any discomfort. However, the chosen dermatologist must have expertise in performing the procedure because the treatment results depend on their skills.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- During the procedure of Cosmelan peel treatment in Dubai, your dermatologist will apply a depigmenting mask on the skin.
- Candidates will be advised not to remove the mask for about 8-10 hours. The exact time of masking the skin depends upon each candidate’s specific condition and its severity.
- After that, the dermatologist will carefully peel off the mask from the candidate’s skin, taking away the marks and pigments.
After a Cosmelan peel, you will be provided with instructions about protecting the treated areas. You need to follow your dermatologist’s instructions to recover and get the desired results. Some general guidelines are as follows:
- Avoid exposing your treated areas directly to the sun.
- Do not undergo any other cosmetic procedure for at least 30 days after the procedure.
- Use prescription ointments and medicines regularly.
Cosmelan peels in Dubai have numerous benefits; some of them are mentioned below:
- It is a non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment.
- It induces minimal discomfort.
- The procedure has less downtime.
- It offers quick and effective results.
- It removes hyperpigmentation, scars, and sunspots.
- Cosmelan peels are viable for all skin types.
- It can also treat melasma.
Cosmelan Peel FAQs
Is Cosmelan peel painful?
Since it is a non-surgical treatment, it does not induce any discomfort. While removing the depigmenting mask, you may feel slight burning and pain, but it is temporary and will disappear in a few hours.
How many Cosmelan treatments are needed?
The number of required treatments depends upon the severity of your condition and desired results. In most cases, candidates get their desired results in one treatment, but others may need to undergo 2-3 sessions.
What are the results of a Cosmelan peel?
The results will start appearing from the first week of the treatment and will improve day by day. You will witness a noticeable change in complexion and tone after the first week, and the skin will become shinier and healthier over time. Generally, candidates get noticeable results in about 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
How long does the Cosmelan peel last?
The results of a Cosmelan peel last for about 12-18 months after the procedure. Candidates will see results within 4-5 weeks, and they will continue to improve for the next few months.
Consult an Expert
At Euromed Clinic Center, all our specialists are board-certified with years of experience dealing with different patients successfully. Our dermatologists recommend getting a consultation before undergoing any cosmetic treatment. So, if you want to get a Cosmelan peel treatment, all you have to do is fill the online form to book your consultation.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- Laser and Skin Therapist
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more