A proper skincare regime can keep the skin healthy, but sometimes we need professional treatment for different skin conditions. Derma Roller cosmetic treatment treats several skin concerns like acne scars, stretch marks, sun damage, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. If you suffer from any skin concern and need instant treatment, consider the all-new Derma Roller Treatment in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is derma roller treatment?
- 2 Candidacy Criteria
- 3 Pre-Procedure Care
- 4 Procedure
- 5 Post-Procedure Care
- 6 Recovery and Results
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Derma Rollers Treatment FAQs
- 9 Consult an Expert
What is derma roller treatment?
The derma roller treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a micro-needling technique to address various skin concerns. It uses a specialized instrument with tiny needles to puncture the skin. These micro-punctures ultimately benefit the skin’s surface by removing dead skin cells and enhancing collagen production.
The derma roller treatment aims to improve the skin’s overall texture by correcting several skin concerns. The treatment is helpful if you want to:
- Get rid of fine lines and wrinkles
- Fix the tone of the skin
- Overcome the pigmented skin
- Make your dull skin chubby and fresh again
Since derma rolling is non-surgical, there are no strict pre-procedure guidelines for the procedure. However, your specialist will advise you to follow a few steps to get the maximum outcomes of the procedure:
- Avoid using skincare products containing Retin A, including creams, lotions, and other topical materials.
- Use the prescribed topical creams for a few days before the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen if necessary to go out.
- Abstain from applying makeup and cosmetic products a few days before the treatment.
The step-by-step procedure for Derma Roller Treatment is as follows:
- The dermatologist will thoroughly scrub and swab the candidate’s skin with a sterile arrangement.
- Then, a topical local anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for around 45 minutes to produce results.
- After removing the cream, the dermatologist will begin the dermarolling process, taking about 10 to 30 minutes.
- The roller is then moved over the skin more than once to create numerous micro-sized therapeutic punctures in the skin.
- Each needle will enter the skin’s dermis and is roughly 0.1mm in size.
- The skin will be wiped clean, and a cocktail of vitamins and hydrating serums or hyaluronic acid will be applied to the skin, letting it absorb into the dermal layers.
Since Derma rollers are a non-invasive treatment, they don’t require excessive aftercare. But some post-procedure instructions can increase the effectiveness of the procedure. Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Keep your skin clean by washing it no less than 2-3 times every day.
- Always wear sunscreen that contains SPF 50 or more.
- Apply all the topical treatments recommended by the dermatologist.
- Try to stay hydrated all the time.
- Avoid taking other skin medications or treatments for a month after the treatment.
Recovery and Results
Since derma rollers treatment is non-surgical, it does not need recovery time. The treatment has no downtime, and candidates can get back to their routine immediately after the procedure. However, it requires numerous sessions to achieve flawless skin. Usually, 6 sessions, a month apart each, are sufficient to get the desired outcomes.
Derma rollers treatment has numerous benefits, such as:
- It is far more successful than the rest of the smaller scale needling procedures available in the market.
- The procedure is super-quick that takes less than an hour to finish.
- It changes the surface of your skin from dull, dry, and rough to soft, delicate, and smooth.
- The derma rollers treatment is suitable for all skin types and individuals of any age.
- It requires no downtime and recovery time.
- The outcomes are quick and long-lasting.
Derma Rollers Treatment FAQs
Which areas can be addressed by derma rollers treatment?
This treatment can be applied to any part of the body, but it is mainly used to address skin concerns from the face, neck, hands, thighs, and buttocks.
Do I need a consultation before derma rollers treatment?
Yes, consultation is an essential part of the procedure. During the initial meeting, our specialist will guide you about the process and outcomes of the treatment. They will also examine your skin to determine the best course of treatment for you.
How will I look like after derma rollers treatment?
Your skin will become red immediately after the procedure, and you might feel a tingling sensation. However, this will vanish a few hours after the treatment. Once the skin returns to normal, you will notice a fresh and plump look with rejuvenated skin.
How long it takes to see derma rollers results?
It depends on your cell reestablishment process, which decreases as we age. But generally, it takes about 4-6 weeks to notice any results. These effects will also keep improving over the next few months.
Is derma roller painful?
The procedure is non-surgical but involves puncturing the skin with tiny needles, so it will be minimally painful. But the discomfort can be minimized with topical anesthesia.
Is derma rolling safe?
Derma rollers are considered safe as long as the suitable serums are used along with the correct dermarolling technique. So, it is better to go to a professional for this treatment instead of doing it at home.
Consult an Expert
If you want to improve your skin, get in touch with our expert dermatologists at Euromed Clinic Center. Please fill in the consultation form and let our specialists assess your skin to devise a bespoke derma rollers treatment in Dubai for you.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Benjamin HansonPhysician Consultant Family Medicine
Dr. Benjamin Hanson is a board-certified and DHA-licensed consultant physician having 26+ years of experience. Moreover, he is an authorized Recreational Diving Medical Examiner and CASA Aviation Medical Examiner.Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MDPhysician Specialist Dermatology
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi has been in the field of dermatology since 2003. She is a DHA-licensed dermatologist specializing in advanced laser techniques, Botox, PRP therapy, rosacea treatment, etc.Read more
Lola Ali MuhammadAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Lola Ali Muhammad is a DHA-licensed laser and beauty therapist having more than 20 years of experience. She is highly experienced in anti-aging medicine, bio-revitalization, cellulite removal treatments, etc.Read more
Dalya SagerAllied Health Technician Laser Hair ReductionRead more
Joyce Ann CasilangAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more