Dermapen microneedling is a non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure that uses a pen-shaped device with several micro-needles that create tiny punctures on the skin. These micro-punctures stimulate collagen production, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and improving the skin’s texture, tone, and quality. Due to its collagen induction effects, Dermapen also tightens loose skin.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Does Dermapen Microneedling Work?
- 2 Dermapen Microneedling Treatments
- 3 Dermapen Aftercare
- 4 Benefits of Dermapen Microneedling
- 5 Side effects of Dermapen
- 6 Recovery
- 7 How long do Dermapen results typically last?
- 8 How much does a Dermapen cost?
- 9 Is dermapen microneedling safe?
- 10 Does dermapen microneedling hurt?
- 11 How long does the procedure take?
- 12 How often should you dermapen?
- 13 Get a Consultation
How Does Dermapen Microneedling Work?
Dermapen microneedling is a skin resurfacing treatment used to correct various skin conditions.
During the procedure, an aesthetician or dermatologist moves the dermapen device across the skin, creating micro-punctures.
A Dermapen device typically consists of 12 micro-needles that pierce the skin. The device has a small motor that causes these needles to rapidly move back and forth, puncturing the skin’s top layer. This stimulates collagen and elastin production and promotes healing, initiating skin rejuvenation.
Dermapen Microneedling Treatments
Dermapen microneedling can be combined with two other procedures for enhanced results. These procedures include PRP and Mesotherapy.
Dermapen Microneedling with Mesotherapy
Dermapen microneedling with mesotherapy is also known as Dermapen Mesofacial. It involves creating tiny punctures into the skin with dermapen and then infusing the treated area with a mesotherapy cocktail. This cocktail contains antioxidants that seep into the skin through holes created by microneedling.
Dermapen mesofacial treats pigmentation, hydrates the skin, and promotes skin tightening. At the same time, the micro-punctures restore the lost collagen and elastin, giving an instant tightening effect.
Dermapen Microneedling with PRP
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a serum obtained from your own blood and is rich in growth factors. It can address various skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, surgical scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, sun-damaged skin, and pores. Dermapen micro-needling, when combined with PRP therapy, produces extraordinary results.
Before starting this procedure, the doctor may apply a topical numbing cream to the treatment area. After that, PRP is prepared and applied to the skin as topical serum. The dermapen device is then moved gently over the skin, creating controlled punctures that allow PRP to reach a particular skin depth. This augments the Dermapen treatment with an optimum supply of growth factors, accelerating skin rejuvenation.
- Keep your skin hydrated after the procedure to facilitate healing.
- Avoid makeup for two to three days after the treatment.
- Excess sun exposure can harm the treated area; therefore, use sunscreen when going out.
- Refrain from excessive cardio work, chemical peels, dermal fillers, and cosmetic tattooing.
Benefits of Dermapen Microneedling
Some significant benefits of Dermapen microneedling are listed below:
- It improves the quality of your skin drastically.
- You experience minimal discomfort with no downtime virtually.
- It is a suitable technique for all skin types and tones.
- The results are natural-looking and long-lasting.
- With Dermapen microneedling, you can easily target the hard-to-reach areas such as under the eyes, sides of the nose, and across the upper lip.
Side effects of Dermapen
Dermapen microneedling is a safe treatment to a significant extent. However, certain side effects may occur in some cases. Those side effects are the following:
- Redness and discomfort: You may experience mild pain after the treatment, and your skin may remain red for a few days.
- Bruising and bleeding: It’s a rare complication of Dermapen.
- Healing time: The treated skin may take some time to heal, depending on the depth of Dermapen’s needles.
- Scarring: People who have had or are at risk of keloids may develop scarring after the Dermapen treatment.
- Infection: Micro-punctures created by Dermapen treatment allow germs to get to the skin depth, mainly when the skin is not adequately cleaned. This raises the risk of infection.
Downtime and recovery depend on the size of the micro-needles used during the Dermapen treatment. Generally, the recovery is smooth. Many patients return to their daily routine soon after getting the treatment. Redness and swelling can last a few days. You may also experience mild skin flaking, which generally subsides within a week.
How long do Dermapen results typically last?
The Dermapen results may last several months, depending on individual factors and the number of treatment sessions.
How much does a Dermapen cost?
The cost of Dermapen treatment in Dubai generally starts from 1500 AED. The exact price, however, will vary from person to person due to the following factors involved:
- The treatment area and intended results
- The practitioner’s expertise
- The location of the clinic
Is dermapen microneedling safe?
Yes, dermapen microneedling is a safe procedure when performed by a certified practitioner. The needles of the dermapen device are sterile and used only once.
Does dermapen microneedling hurt?
The treatment is minimally invasive, so you do not feel severe pain. However, you will experience some discomfort that can be minimized by topical anesthetic cream.
How long does the procedure take?
Dermapen microneedling treatment time varies depending on the area being treated, but it can take around 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
How often should you dermapen?
Generally, you can get dermapen microneedling once a month or every 4 to 6 weeks.
Get a Consultation
Dermapen microneedling is an effective treatment that treats numerous skin conditions. Contact our experts at Euromed Clinic Center if you are interested in getting Dermapen Skin Rejuvenation in Dubai. You can book a consultation with us by calling +971 4 394 5422 or filling out the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Dalya Sager is a DHA-licensed Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction and former owner of a successful skin health clinic in the UK. Having worked in the healthcare industry for more than 20 years, Sager comes with a wealth of clinical expertise.Read more
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more