Erbium peeling, also called erbium laser resurfacing, is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that aims to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles from the surface-level or mildly deeper surface of the face, hands, neck, and chest. The procedure has less recovery period and fewer side-effects as compared to other laser resurfacing treatments.
An erbium peeling is a slightly less invasive treatment as compared to CO2 laser resurfacing. The CO2 removes the deeper layer of affected skin as compared to erbium peeling, but erbium peeling is an ideal option for those who don’t have severe skin concerns or either opt for a less invasive treatment with rapid recovery.
How does it work?
Erbium laser peeling or erbium laser resurfacing peels off the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin to unfold the fresh and younger looking surface of the skin.
The procedure also tightens the skin by enhancing collagen production. This treatment is designed in a way that it can correct individual’s specific concerns like sagging skin, scar, skin tone and texture, pigmentations and wrinkles etc. The procedure has minimal downtime and fewer recovery period.
Who is the candidate?
Anyone who is seeking a minimally invasive treatment to correct fine lines and wrinkles on the face, back, neck, chest or hands is an ideal candidate to undergo Erbium peeling treatment in Dubai. It is a viable option for a wide variety of patients but they must have realistic expectations regarding the outcomes of the procedure.
Is treatment painful?
Since erbium laser resurfacing is a non-invasive procedure with no pain and discomfort, however, those undergoing the procedure may experience mild redness and swelling and their skin may get pink or red.
What to expect?
Erbium laser resurfacing is an easy and comfortable procedure that does not require an overnight stay in the hospital. The procedure can easily be performed as a day procedure in a clinician’s room.
Your therapist will first administer a local anesthesia to numb the treatment areas. If the treated region is a tiny part of the face, it might take 30-to 40 minutes to complete. A full-face treatment takes a bit longer than that.
Following the procedure, your therapist will prescribe some oral and topical medications that you need to use regularly in order to recover fast.
How to prepare?
Although erbium laser treatment in Dubai is smooth and easy that you don’t need special preparation, specialist may advise you to take some precautionary steps to get the desired outcomes. Few of the pre-op instructions include:
- Wash your treatment areas properly before getting into the procedure
- Avoid tanning products
- Abstain from prolonged sun exposure for at least a week prior to treatment
- If your skin is damaged by sunburn, wait for few days till it gets recovered before undergoing erbium peeling
- It might take several days for scabbing, peeling and swelling to disappear and reveal the fresh skin. Do not scratch skin growths (if they develop)
- In the case of any discomfort, apply cool compressions as advised by your therapist
- Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face and do not scrub it while washing
- It is better to avoid prolonged bathing for few days
- Avoid pulling and picking up the skin
- Do not swim until the skin heals
- In the case of any reaction, report your doctor immediately.
Erbium laser skin resurfacing in Dubai
Seeking for an erbium peeling treatment, the first step is to identify the best clinician in your area. Euromed lets its patients connect with board-certified experts who have numerous successful procedures under their belts. All you need is to book an online consultation by filling the given form and our representatives will get back to you soon.