High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment used for facelifting. This treatment is also called ultra lift, non-surgical facelift, or mini facelift. HIFU treatment uses high-intensity ultrasound waves to penetrate the skin into the deep tissues and stimulate collagen production. Due to the ultrasound waves, the collagen starts rebuilding. As a result, collagen renewal tightens and lifts the facial skin and gives the candidate a youthful appearance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is the ideal candidate for the HIFU procedure?
- 2 HIFU Treatment
- 3 Post Treatment Care
- 4 What are the benefits of the treatment?
- 5 What to expect from the HIFU treatment?
- 6 Results After the Treatment
- 7 HIFU FAQ’s
- 8 Request Appointment
Who is the ideal candidate for the HIFU procedure?
The ideal candidate for the HIFU non-invasive facelift is someone who:
- Has sagging skin due to aging
- Wants a non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure
- Needs to improve their skin tone and texture
- Is experiencing skin laxity
- Wants to get rid of damaged skin with age signs
- Have dull and damaged skin
- Wants to have glowing and vibrant skin
The HIFU procedure is safe and effective, taking about 1-2 hours to complete. The duration of this non-invasive facelifting procedure depends on the severity of the skin condition.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- The dermatologist cleanses the treatment area thoroughly before starting the procedure.
- They will apply an ultrasound gel with anesthetic cream on the treatment area. It will help minimize discomfort during the procedure.
- Then, they will take the HIFU device and set it to the correct angle using the HIFU viewer. This device will then target the skin of the treatment area.
- When high-frequency ultrasound beams penetrate the deeper skin layers, they damage the skin cells. As a result, they stimulate the body’s natural collagen and elastin production. Ultimately, the candidate’s skin will become tighter and firmer due to these proteins.
Post Treatment Care
After the HIFU Non-Surgical Facelift Treatment, candidates will be asked to take care of their skin. These aftercare instructions help with a speedy recovery and achieve optimum results.
While these instructions vary for each candidate, some general post-procedure guidelines are as follows:
- Do not go out in the sun unnecessarily, and always apply sunscreen when going out.
- Avoid taking hot showers until the skin heals completely.
- Keep the skin hydrated with a good-quality moisturizer.
- Avoid touching the skin unnecessarily.
What are the benefits of the treatment?
- The HIFU treatment is non-surgical and non-invasive.
- The HIFU procedure is safe with zero downtime.
- The skin will become smooth and tight after the treatment.
- Patients feel no pain during the procedure due to the anesthetic cream.
- It stimulates the body’s natural collagen and elastin.
- It significantly reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- The treatment leaves no scars or permanent marks.
- It offers long-lasting and natural results.
- It improves the jawline contours.
- The procedure is cost-effective and affordable.
What to expect from the HIFU treatment?
HIFU treatment is a safe and effective procedure to lift facial skin. Candidates can expect to experience noticeably tighter skin with lifted features and improved blood circulation.
Typically, the procedure has no downtime. Some candidates may experience redness or mild skin swelling, but it subsides within a few hours. Although pain is not a common side effect of the HIFU treatment, some dermatologists prescribe painkillers to minimize any discomfort during the recovery period.
Results After the Treatment
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) gives immediate as well as long-term results. Candidates will notice the initial face tightening and lifting effects immediately after the treatment. However, the complete HIFU results will take a few months to appear.
The candidate’s facial contours will visibly improve over the next few weeks of the treatment. Moreover, the skin will look younger, brighter, and healthier with increased collagen and elastin production.
How much does HIFU treatment cost?
The price of the HIFU treatment varies from patient to patient, depending on a number of factors. The severity of the condition, skin type, number of sessions, and desired results are cost-determining factors.
The starting price of the HIFU treatment at Euromed Clinic Center is 3000 AED for the face and 3500 AED for the face and neck.
How long does HIFU facelift last?
The results of the HIFU facelift are long-lasting but not permanent. Typically, the results can last for as long as a year, but candidates will need a follow-up session to maintain the results after that.
Can HIFU damage your skin?
Although the HIFU treatment uses high-intensity ultrasound waves to rejuvenate the skin, these waves are not harmful. The ultrasound waves target the deeper skin tissues and do not harm the upper layers or adjacent tissues.
What are the side effects of HIFU?
Although there are no severe side effects of the HIFU treatment, some candidates may experience mild swelling, redness, numbness, bruising, tingling, or mild pain. Usually, these side effects do not last long and subside within a few hours.
How many HIFU treatment sessions do you need?
Most experts recommend undergoing 2 HIFU sessions initially for optimum results. After that, the dermatologist will decide the number of sessions, depending on the candidate’s skin condition. Moreover, each session will be separated 3-8 weeks to let the skin fully heal before the next session.
Is HIFU procedure painful?
The HIFU facelift is a painful procedure but you will be given local anesthesia before the treatment to prevent pain. According to clinical studies, some patients who felt pain immediately after the treatment did not feel any pain after 4 weeks. However, 25.3% of patients reported pain that faded without any medical help.
If you want to get the HIFU treatment, please consider Euromed Clinic Center. Our team has expert dermatologists to guide you about this facelifting procedure. So, please fill out the online consultation form to schedule an appointment with our experts and rejuvenate your skin.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more