With IPL hair removal in Dubai, you can choose to enjoy smooth skin and say goodbye to waxing and shaving. Laser and IPL hair removal methods are safe and offer long-term solutions to unwanted or excess hair for men and women. This hair removal procedure is suitable for most face and body areas, leaving soft and smooth skin after a few sessions.
Table of Contents
- 1 Candidacy Criteria
- 2 Pre-Procedure Care
- 3 Procedure
- 4 Post-Procedure Care
- 5 Benefits
- 6 Cost of the IPL Hair Removal
- 7 Intense Pulsed Light – IPL Treatment FAQs
- 8 Consult an Expert
You are the ideal candidate for IPL hair removal if you want to remove unwanted hair from the body. Besides, candidates with the following skin conditions can also benefit from this treatment:
- Age spots
- Liver spots
- Wrinkled skin
- Fine lines
- Facial flushing
- Redness of the skin
- Sun-damaged skin
- Tattoo mishaps
- Pale spots on the surface of the skin
- Unwanted hair
- Large pores
Before the IPL treatment, candidates have to follow some pre-procedure instructions, such as:
- Abstain from depilation for at least two weeks before the procedure arrangement. It helps the dermatologist evaluate the degree of the hair to decide the number of medicines required.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, self-tanning, and AHA products at least two weeks before the treatment.
- Use a sunshade whenever going out in the sun for at least 20 days before the procedure.
- Avoid rubbing your skin for a week before the treatment.
- Inform your dermatologist about any medical history and allergies.
- Do not undergo waxing for a few days before the procedure.
- Avoid doing makeup for at least two weeks before the procedure.
Laser and IPL work on a similar principle to prevent the hair follicles under the skin surface from growing. Before the treatment, our experts recommend having a consultation session to figure out the possibilities and outcomes of the treatment.
A single session of IPL hair removal in Dubai takes about 30-40 minutes to complete. The step-by-step procedure involves the following:
- Before starting the procedure, the dermatologist may apply a topical cream to minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
- Then, they will use the IPL laser device on the target area in a particular motion and direction.
- The IPL device targets the melanin present in the hair follicles, pushing them into their resting phase. As a result, we are left with smooth and hair-free skin.
- A special gel is also applied to the candidate’s skin. It helps keep the skin safe and cool from the heat generated by lasers.
After the IPL laser hair removal treatment, candidates will have to follow some aftercare instructions, like:
- Try to stay away from the sun for at least a week after the treatment.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications and other hair removal methods for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid rubbing the skin for a few days.
- Follow the dermatologist’s instructions and inform them about any complications that may occur.
Recovery and Results
Although there is less to no downtime after the IPL treatment, it takes more than one session to get the desired results. It is recommended to have 4-6 sessions because our hair goes through the following cycle:
- Growth phase
- Resting phase
- Transitional phase
In order for the treatment to have the maximum effect, it needs to work on the growing hair. However, only a proportion of the hair is in its growth phase at one time. So, several treatment sessions are required to achieve maximum results.
IPL laser hair removal has numerous benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- IPL laser is a non-surgical and minimally invasive procedure.
- The procedure does not take long to complete.
- It helps prevent ingrown hair permanently.
- This treatment saves time and money in the long run by eliminating the need for waxing and epilating.
- It also stimulates collagen and improves skin texture.
Cost of the IPL Hair Removal
The IPL hair removal price varies from patient to patient due to several variable factors, and it is not possible to give the exact price of the procedure. The cost varies from person to person because different people face different problems. Besides that, the treatment price depends on the following factors:
- Nature of the problem
- Severity of the condition
- IPL technique selected
- Number of sessions
- Expertise of the dermatologist
- Location of the treatment facility
If you want to know the exact Intense Pulse Light hair removal price, please contact our clinic.
Intense Pulsed Light – IPL Treatment FAQs
Is intense pulsed light a laser?
The IPL device works like a laser machine, but they are not entirely similar. The laser only emits a single wavelength to target the skin; however, the IPL has different wavelengths available.
Do I need to grow my hair before the IPL treatment?
No, it is recommended to shave or trim the hair before undergoing the IPL treatment. However, avoid waxing or epilating the treatment area before the procedure.
Can you do IPL on blonde, red, gray, or white hair?
Since the IPL is designed to target the melanin pigment found in the hair, it will not work on blonde, red, gray, or white hair because these hair colors do not have sufficient melanin.
Is laser or IPL hair treatment painful?
According to patient reports, laser treatment is more painful than IPL treatment. Some patients may feel slight tingling, which is not worse than waxing. But the level of pain may vary from person to person, so topical anesthesia can be administered to avoid any discomfort.
Can IPL cause damage?
No, intense pulsed light devices do not damage the dermal layer of the skin significantly like ablative lasers.
Is IPL permanent?
The results of IPL treatment are long-lasting but not permanent. Although the treatment does not require frequent follow-up sessions, patients may need a maintenance session after a year or so.
How long do IPL results last?
The results of an IPL treatment last for about 6-12 months. After that, patients may need to undergo a follow-up session if they want to maintain the results.
Consult an Expert
If you want to learn more about IPL hair removal in Dubai or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. To book a consultation session, you need to call us or fill the short online form.