Why live with unwanted hair? With Laser & IPL hair removal, you can choose to enjoy smooth skin day after day – and say goodbye to waxing and shaving. At the clinic, we offer two forms of hair removal, Laser & IPL. Both methods are safe and offer long-term solutions to unwanted or excess hair for men as well as women. Laser & IPL hair removal is suitable for most areas of the face and body. A course of treatments will leave your skin soft and smooth.
Table of Contents
- 1 How many treatments will I need?
- 2 How does Laser and IPL Hair Removal work?
- 3 Is Laser or IPL Hair Treatment painful?
- 4 Candidacy for the procedure
- 5 What to expect?
- 6 Pre-Procedure Instructions
- 7 Post-Procedure Instructions
- 8 Cost of the procedure
- 9 Intense Pulsed Light – IPL Treatment FAQ’s
- 9.1 How long does the treatment take?
- 9.2 How frequently should I attend?
- 9.3 Do I need to grow the hair before treatment?
- 9.4 Can I use sun beds, fake tan or have a suntan during laser treatment?
- 9.5 Is the patch test and consultation are necessary?
- 9.6 How does IPL Rejuvenation work on fine lines and wrinkles?
- 9.7 Would I be able to have IPL hair medications in the event that I have dull Afro-Caribbean skin?
- 9.8 Would I be able to have IPL hair medications in the event that I have blonde, red, dim or white hair?
- 10 Is the treatment painful?
- 11 How to prepare for the treatment?
- 12 Schedule a Free Consultation
How many treatments will I need?
With each method, it is essential to have around 4-6 sessions of each treatment. Why? The hair has a cycle of the growth phase, a resting phase, and transitional phase. In order for treatment to have the maximum effect, it needs to work on the growing hair. At any one time, however, only a proportion of the hair is in a growing phase and this is the reason why several treatments are required to obtain maximum results.
How does Laser and IPL Hair Removal work?
Laser and IPL work on a similar principle to disable the hair follicles beneath the skin surface to stop the hair from growing.
Is Laser or IPL Hair Treatment painful?
Patients may feel a slight tingling sensation, however from patient’s experience, this is no worse than waxing.
Candidacy for the procedure
The ideal candidate for the IPL treatment has these conditions.
- Age spots on the skin
- Liver spots
- Wrinkled skins
- Fine lines
- Facial flushing
- Redness of the skin
- Sun-damaged skin
- Tattoos mishaps
- Pale spots on the surface of the skin
- Unwanted hair
- Large Pores
What to expect?
Before the treatment, there will be a consultation session with our expert therapist. You will be able to figure out all the possibilities and outcomes that are associated with IPL treatment through this Consultation.
Once the treatment is started, a special gel will be applied to your skin to keep it safe and cool from the heat generated by lasers.
The session only takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
After the treatment, the therapist will administer the required product to make you feel comfortable.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a sunshade for at least 20 days prior to the procedure
- Avoid rubbing your skin for a week before the treatment
- Talk to your therapist about any medical history you contain
- Stop taking self-tanning agents 2 weeks before the treatment
- Do not undergo waxing for few days before the procedure
- Avoid doing makeups for at least 2 weeks prior the procedure
- There may be immediate redness right after the surgery.
- Make-ups may be applied if the redness is not severe.
- Try to hide from the sun for at least a week after the treatment.
- Avoid medications and other removal methods for few weeks after the procedure
- Avoid rubbing the skin for few days
- Do not apply hard water to your skin until it heals completely
- Follow the therapist’s instructions
Cost of the procedure
The cost of an IPL depends on different factors. That is why it is not possible to give the exact price of the procedure. The cost varies from person to person because different people face different problems. The cost depends on the following factors;
- The expertise of the doctor
- The IPL technique selected
- The nature of the problem
- The location of the treatment facility
Intense Pulsed Light – IPL Treatment FAQ’s
How long does the treatment take?
How long does the treatment take?
How frequently should I attend?
You would need to attend once in a month for the better results.
Do I need to grow the hair before treatment?
No, it is recommended to shave or trim the hair before undergoing the procedure.
Can I use sun beds, fake tan or have a suntan during laser treatment?
No, it is not recommended to use suntan as it is untreatable.
Is the patch test and consultation are necessary?
There will be a prior-treatment consultation with a therapist at Euromed Clinic Center who will advise you about of the test required.
How does IPL Rejuvenation work on fine lines and wrinkles?
While treating scarcely discernible differences and wrinkles, the light animates the development of collagen which influences the skin to feel plumper and younger.
Would I be able to have IPL hair medications in the event that I have dull Afro-Caribbean skin?
Would I be able to have IPL hair medications in the event that I have blonde, red, dim or white hair?
Yes, however, more sessions may be required.
Is the treatment painful?
No, but it may vary from person to person. However, a special anesthesia would be administered to avoid any discomfort.
How to prepare for the treatment?
Abstain from any type of depilation for 2 weeks before your arrangement, we have to evaluate the degree of the hair to decide the number of medicines required. Please avoid the use of:
- Sun exposure
- AHA products
- Vitamin A
- Hot water
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you want to know more about this procedure or have any more questions for us, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. To book a free online consultation, you just need to call us or fill the short online form.