Laser hair removal is a well-known cosmetic procedure to reduce unwanted hair growth. It is a more effective and efficient alternative to conventional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, waxing, and depilating.
Euromed Clinic helps you get smooth, silky, and flawless skin through its top-of-the-line Laser Hair Removal in Dubai.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
- 2 Before and After Hair Removal Treatment
- 3 Which Body Areas Are Treated With Laser for Hair Removal?
- 4 Machines we Use
- 5 How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- 6 What Results to Expect After Laser Treatment for Hair Removal?
- 7 What not to do after laser hair removal?
- 8 How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
- 9 What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
- 10 Does Laser Remove Hair Permanently?
- 11 How many laser sessions are needed?
- 12 Should you shave before laser hair removal?
- 13 Is laser hair removal Treatment painful?
- 14 Is Laser Hair Removal Worth It?
- 15 What precautions should you take during laser hair removal?
- 16 How soon can I get laser hair removal again?
- 17 How soon do hairs fall out after laser treatment?
- 18 Get In Touch
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair reduction treatment in Dubai carries significant benefits, including:
Targets dark, coarse hairs without damaging the surrounding skin. Each laser pulse takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time.
Small areas like the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, while larger areas, like the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
Over time, it can be more economical than ongoing waxing, shaving, or other methods.
No Ingrown Hairs:
Reduces the chance of getting ingrown hairs, which are often associated with waxing and shaving.
Results in smoother skin without the prickliness that can follow other hair removal methods.
Performed for decades and, when done by trained professionals, it’s a safe procedure.
Eliminates the daily or monthly need to remove unwanted hair.
No Need to Grow Hair Out:
Unlike waxing, you can shave or trim between treatments; no need to let hair grow out for effectiveness.
Before and After Hair Removal Treatment
Which Body Areas Are Treated With Laser for Hair Removal?
Laser can target nearly any area of the body, but the most common ones are:
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
Note: Eyelids and surrounding areas are generally not treated with lasers due to the risk of eye damage.
Machines we Use
Dermatologists at Euromed Clinic use Candela-GentleMax and Duetto to provide laser hair reduction treatment to candidates. Both these machines use Alexandrite and ND: Yag lasers to target multiple skin tones and hair types.
- Uses the 755 nm wavelength for hair removal
- Best for lighter-toned skin and darker hair
- Uses the 1064 nm wavelength for hair removal
- Removes hair on all skin types, including darker-toned skin
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
During the laser hair removal procedure, a concentrated light beam is directed to the skin area with unwanted hair. The heat from this light beam gets absorbed into the skin and damages hair follicles, reducing or inhibiting their ability to produce hair.
The laser does not remove your unwanted hair permanently but delays its growth. So you may need multiple sessions of this treatment to get a hair-free skin surface for an extended duration. You may also require maintenance sessions to retain good results.
Laser was traditionally more effective for people with dark hair and light skin, but newer technologies have broadened its efficacy. However, advances in medical laser technology now allow cosmeticians to target darker skin tones and different hair types.
What Results to Expect After Laser Treatment for Hair Removal?
The percentage of hair reduction from the first treatment session can vary; some sources suggest an average reduction of about 10% to 25%. Therefore, you will need multiple treatment sessions to get the intended results. Once the treatment sessions are complete, you can expect reduced hair growth and smoother skin for several months.
The results of hair removal treatment may vary from person to person due to several factors, such as:
- Hair shade and thickness
- Skin type and color
- Type of laser used
- Treatment area
What not to do after laser hair removal?
Here is a list of guidelines you may need to follow after hair removal treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure for at least two weeks. Use sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or more before walking out in the sun.
- Use a cold compress on the treated region for a few hours to reduce discomfort caused by the laser. The dermatologist may also prescribe an antibiotic cream if there is any crusting in the treated area.
- Wash the treated area gently using a mild soap. Pat the skin dry after washing for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup and using deodorant, lotions, or moisturizers for a day after laser hair removal in Dubai, especially if your skin shows signs of irritation.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
The cost of laser hair removal in Dubai ranges between 300 AED and 1500 AED. The primary pricing factor is the size of the body area being treated. For example,
- The treatment price for a small body area is 300 AED to 500 AED.
- The treatment price for a medium-sized body area is 600 AED to 900 AED.
- The treatment price for a large body area is 1000 AED to 1200 AED.
- Fully-body laser hair removal costs more than all other options, as its price may range between 2500 AED to 3500 AED.
Other factors that influence the total cost of laser hair removal include the following:
- Skin tone
- Hair Colour
- Number of treatment sessions
- Dermatologist’s expertise
- Location of the clinic
What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
Some of the most common side effects include:
Rare side effects of the treatment include:
- Burns and blisters in the treated area
- More hair growth in the treated region (paradoxical hypertrichosis)
Does Laser Remove Hair Permanently?
No, lasers do not guarantee permanent hair removal; they reduce hair on the treated region for several months. Eventually, the hair will regrow, and you will need a repeat session to get a hair-free, smooth skin surface.
This is because most hair follicles only get damaged during laser treatment for hair removal. Hence, they retain enough active tissues that keep them alive. After a few months, these follicles start producing hair again. This recurring hair is usually thinner than before the treatment.
How many laser sessions are needed?
Most individuals require multiple laser hair removal sessions, typically between three and seven, to achieve optimal results Few individuals may require eight or more sessions. Once these treatments are completed, you will not have hair on the treated area for several months or even a few years. The hair that regrows after that is usually thinner and less dark.
Should you shave before laser hair removal?
Yes, doctors suggest shaving the treatment area the night before or in the morning of laser hair removal treatment.
Is laser hair removal Treatment painful?
Laser hair removal causes discomfort but significantly less than the pain resulting from waxing or plucking. Most individuals who underwent this treatment said that they felt like a rubber band snapping against the skin with each laser pulse. However, the discomfort level can vary between candidates, depending on their pain tolerance.
Is Laser Hair Removal Worth It?
Yes, laser hair removal offers long-term hair reduction after several sessions. In the long run, it can be more cost-effective compared to ongoing waxing or shaving and saves time by reducing the need for regular hair removal. However, individual results may vary, and some might experience side effects. It’s essential to consult with a professional to determine if it’s right for you.
What precautions should you take during laser hair removal?
Precautions for laser hair removal:
- Avoid sun exposure for six weeks prior.
- Don’t pluck, wax, or electrolyze before treatment.
- Shave the area beforehand.
- Avoid applying creams or lotions on the day of treatment.
- Post-treatment, avoid the sun and always use sunscreen.
- Avoid scratching or picking the treated area.
- Avoid hot showers or saunas shortly after
How soon can I get laser hair removal again?
The recommended time between laser hair removal sessions typically depends on the area being treated. Generally:
- Face: 4-6 weeks
- Bikini & Underarm: 6-8 weeks
- Legs, Back, & Chest: 8-10 weeks
It’s essential to follow the guidance of your laser technician or dermatologist, as individual needs can vary.
How soon do hairs fall out after laser treatment?
After a laser hair removal session, treated hairs typically fall out within 1 to 3 weeks. This process is sometimes referred to as “shedding.” During this period, it may seem like the hair is growing, but these hairs are being pushed out of the follicle and will soon fall off. Gently exfoliating the treated area can assist in removing these shed hairs.
Get In Touch
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more