EuroMed Clinic helps you get a smooth, silky, and flawless skin surface through its top-of-the-line Laser Hair Removal in Dubai.
Laser hair removal is a well-known cosmetic procedure to remove unwanted hair that uses a concentrated light beam (laser) to reduce body hair. It is a more effective and efficient alternative to conventional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, waxing, and depilating.
Table of Contents
- 1 Before and After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- 2 Which Body Areas Are Treated With Laser Hair Removal?
- 3 Machines we Use
- 4 How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- 5 What Results To Expect After Laser Hair Removal?
- 6 What should I Do After My Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
- 7 What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
- 8 Does laser remove hair permanently?
- 9 How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
- 10 Laser Hair Removal Treatment FAQ
- 11 Book an Appointment
Before and After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Which Body Areas Are Treated With Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can target nearly any area of the body, but the most common ones are:
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
Note: Eyelids and surrounding areas are generally not treated with lasers due to the risk of eye damage.
Machines we Use
Dermatologists at EuroMed Clinic Dubai use Candela-Gentle Max and Duetto to provide laser hair removal treatment to candidates. Both these machines use Alexandrite and ND: Yag lasers to target multiple skin tones and hair types.
- Uses the 755 nm wavelength for hair removal
- Best for lighter-toned skin and darker hair
- Uses the 1064 nm wavelength for hair removal
- Removes hair on all skin types, including darker-toned skin
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
During Laser Hair Removal, a concentrated light beam is directed to the skin area with unwanted hair. The heat from this light beam gets absorbed into the skin and damages hair follicles, reducing or inhibiting their ability to produce hair.
Laser Hair Removal Dubai does not remove your unwanted hair permanently but delays its growth. So you may need multiple sessions of this treatment to get a hair-free skin surface for an extended duration. You may also require maintenance sessions to retain good results.
Laser Hair Removal is generally more effective for people with dark hair and light skin. However, advances in medical laser technology now allow cosmeticians to target darker skin tones and different hair types.
What Results To Expect After Laser Hair Removal?
The first treatment session generally reduces 10% to 15% of hair in the targeted area. Therefore, you will need multiple treatment sessions to get the intended results. Once the treatment sessions are complete, you get a hair-free, more radiant skin surface for several months.
It is, however, important to note that results of laser hair removal in Dubai may vary from person to person due to several factors, such as:
- Hair shade and thickness
- Skin type and color
- Type of laser used
- Treatment area
What should I Do After My Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Here is a list of guidelines you may need to follow after laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least two weeks. Use sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or more before walking out in the sun.
- Use a cold compress on the treated region for a few hours to reduce discomfort caused by the laser. The dermatologist may also prescribe an antibiotic cream if there is any crusting in the treated area.
- Wash the treated area gently using a mild soap. Pat the skin dry after washing for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup and using deodorant, lotions, or moisturizers for a day after laser hair removal or until your skin is prone to irritation.
Avoid shaving, waxing, tweezing, and threading the area until your skin fully heals.
What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
Some most common side effects of laser hair removal include the following:
Rare side effects of the treatment include:
- Burns and blisters in the treated area
- More hair growth in the treated region (paradoxical hypertrichosis)
Does laser remove hair permanently?
Lasers do not remove hair permanently; they reduce hair on the treated region for several months. Eventually, the hair will regrow, and you will need a repeat session to get a hair-free, smooth skin surface.
This is because most hair follicles only get damaged during laser hair removal treatment. Hence, they retain enough active tissues that keep them alive. After a few months, these follicles start producing hair again. This recurring hair is usually thinner than before the treatment.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
The Cost of Laser Hair Removal in Dubai ranges between 300 AED and 1500 AED. The primary pricing factor is the size of the body area being treated. For example,
- The treatment price for a small body area is 300 AED to 500 AED.
- The treatment price for a medium-sized body area is 600 AED to 900 AED.
- The treatment price for a large body area is 1000 AED to 1200 AED.
Fully-body laser hair removal costs more than all other options, as its price may range between 2500 AED to 3500 AED.
Other factors that influence the total cost of laser hair removal include the following:
- Skin tone
- Hair Color
- Number of treatment sessions
- Dermatologist’s expertise
- Location of the clinic
Laser Hair Removal Treatment FAQ
How many laser sessions are needed?
You may need two to six laser hair removal sessions to get the intended results. Few individuals may require eight or more sessions. Once these treatments are completed, you will not have hair on the treated area for several months or even a few years. The hair that regrows after that is usually thinner and less dark.
Should you shave before laser hair removal?
Yes, doctors suggest shaving the treatment area the night before or in the morning of laser hair removal treatment.
Is laser hair removal Treatment painful?
Laser hair removal causes discomfort but significantly less than the pain resulting from waxing or plucking. Most individuals who underwent this treatment said that they felt like a rubber band snapping against the skin with each laser pulse. However, the discomfort level can vary between candidates, depending on their pain tolerance.
Book an Appointment
Are you looking for the best laser hair removal clinic in Dubai? Contact EuroMed Clinic Dubai at +971 4 394 5422, or fill out the form below to book a free consultation. You can also visit our location.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Benjamin HansonPhysician Consultant Family Medicine
Dr. Benjamin Hanson is a board-certified and DHA-licensed consultant physician having 26+ years of experience. Moreover, he is an authorized Recreational Diving Medical Examiner and CASA Aviation Medical Examiner.Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MDPhysician Specialist Dermatology
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi has been in the field of dermatology since 2003. She is a DHA-licensed dermatologist specializing in advanced laser techniques, Botox, PRP therapy, rosacea treatment, etc.Read more
Lola Ali MuhammadAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Lola Ali Muhammad is a DHA-licensed laser and beauty therapist having more than 20 years of experience. She is highly experienced in anti-aging medicine, bio-revitalization, cellulite removal treatments, etc.Read more
Dalya SagerAllied Health Technician Laser Hair ReductionRead more
Joyce Ann CasilangAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more