Laser Hair Removal is a well-known cosmetic procedure performed across the globe to remove unwanted hair. It uses a concentrated light beam (laser) to reduce body hair. It is generally considered a more effective and efficient alternative to conventional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, waxing, and depilating.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- 2 How do I Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
- 3 What should I Do After My Laser Hair Removal?
- 4 Is it Worth Getting Laser Hair Removal?
- 5 What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
- 6 Before and After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- 7 Does laser remove hair permanently?
- 8 How many laser sessions are needed?
- 9 Should you shave before laser hair removal?
- 10 Can I shave after laser hair removal?
- 11 Is laser hair removal painful?
- 12 How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
- 13 Book an Appointment
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
During Laser Hair Removal, a concentrated beam of light is directed to the skin area with unwanted hair. The heat from this light beam destroys hair follicles within the skin, inhibiting their ability to produce hair.
Laser Hair Removal does not remove your unwanted hair permanently but slows down its growth. So you may need multiple sessions of this treatment to get a hair-free skin surface for an extended duration. You may also require maintenance sessions to retain good results.
Laser Hair Removal is generally more effective for people with dark hair and light skin.
How do I Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
Our dermatologists at EuroMed Clinic Dubai may advise a few steps to prepare for laser hair removal, such as:
- Avoid plucking or waxing for 4-6 weeks before laser hair removal.
- Shave the treatment area 24-48 hours before the treatment.
- Do not go out in the sun unprotected 2-4 weeks before laser hair removal.
- Do not bleach the area about six weeks before the treatment.
- Come to the clinic bathed with clean and dry skin.
What should I Do After My Laser Hair Removal?
Here is a list of guidelines you may need to follow after a laser hair removal session.
- Use a cold compress on the treated region for a few hours to reduce discomfort caused by the laser. The dermatologist may also prescribe applying an antibiotic cream if there is any crusting in the treated area.
- Wash the treated area gently using a mild soap. Pat the skin dry instead of rubbing it for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup and using deodorant, lotions, or moisturizers for a day or two after laser hair removal.
- Do not scratch the treated area. Also, avoid waxing, tweezing, and threading the area. However, you can shave the treated region as usual.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least two weeks. Use sunscreen with an SPF rating of 25 or more before walking out in the sun.
Is it Worth Getting Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is worth considering if you are unhappy with shaving, waxing, or other conventional ways to remove hair. This hair removal method reduces hair growth drastically to the degree that you won’t see any hair in the treated region for months or even years. And the strands that grow afterward are thinner than before the treatment.
What are the Risks of Laser Hair Removal?
The side effects of laser hair removal are rare and less likely to occur, thanks to significant advancements in laser technology. Possible complications or risks of this treatment include:
Before and After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Does laser remove hair permanently?
Lasers do not remove hair permanently. Generally, Laser Hair Removal gives you hair-free skin for a few months or years. After that, you will have some hair in the treated region, but that hair will be finer and light-colored.
How many laser sessions are needed?
Most candidates need four to six laser hair removal sessions to get the intended results. Very few individuals need eight or more sessions. The results are generally visible after 3-6 treatments. All these sessions are generally spaced out six weeks apart.
Should you shave before laser hair removal?
Yes, doctors suggest shaving the treatment area a night before or in the morning of laser hair removal treatment.
Can I shave after laser hair removal?
You can shave the treated area once the hair starts growing from it. However, you will probably be asked to avoid shaving right away.
Is laser hair removal painful?
It causes discomfort but significantly less than the pain caused by waxing or plucking. Generally, the sensation during laser hair removal is much like the feeling of a rubber band snapping against the skin.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai?
The average Laser Hair Removal Cost in Dubai ranges between 300 AED and 1500 AED. The primary pricing factor of this treatment is the size of the body area being treated. For example,
- Small body area price is 300 AED to 500 AED.
- Medium body area price is 600 AED to 900 AED.
- Large body area price is 1000 AED to 1200 AED.
Fully-body laser hair removal costs more than all other options; its price may range between 2500 AED to 3500 AED.
Other factors dictating the total cost of laser hair removal include:
- Skin tone
- Hair Color
- Number of treatment sessions
- Dermatologist’s expertise
- Location of the clinic
Book an Appointment
Want to get rid of unwanted hair through laser hair removal? Contact EuroMed Clinic Dubai at +971 4 394 5422 or fill out the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more