Laser hair removal is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure using intense pulsating laser beams to reduce unwanted hair from different body parts. The laser targets the hair follicles and overwhelms them with excess heat energy, destroying them and delaying future hair growth. While the results may not be permanent, they last relatively longer than other techniques for unwanted hair removal, like waxing, shaving, threading, or epilating. Moreover, its non-invasiveness and long-lasting results make women switch from conventional hair removal procedures.
We can use laser hair removal for the face as well as the body, including the face, arms, legs, back, chest, stomach, underarms, and intimate areas. The laser treatment works better on both light skin and dark hair, as the laser beams target the melanin pigment present in the hair.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- 2 Why are follow-up sessions needed?
- 3 Aftercare for Laser Hair Removal
- 4 Laser Hair Removal Results
- 5 How much does laser hair removal cost?
- 6 Machines Used for Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- 7 Laser Hair Removal FAQ’s
- 8 Book an appointment
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The laser hair removal procedure uses high-heat laser beams to target hair follicles. The pigment in the hair follicles absorbs the light, converting it into heat energy. This heat overwhelms the hair follicles, inhibiting their growth. Laser hair removal targets hair follicles located underneath the skin, unlike other hair removal techniques that only target surface-level hair. Therefore, the laser treatment provides relatively long-lasting results.
The step-by-step laser hair removal procedure is as follows:
- The practitioner will cleanse the treatment area carefully, leaving no dirt or chemicals to interfere with the treatment.
- After cleansing, they will move the laser device over the skin from a specific distance. The laser beams will pass through the skin, overwhelming the melanin-producing hair follicles and destroying them.
- In the end, they will apply a cooling gel or an antibiotic to prevent side effects and stimulate healing.
Why are follow-up sessions needed?
The laser hair reduction procedure is safe, straightforward, and effective. It has minimal downtime, and candidates can return to work the same day. However, most candidates need follow-up sessions after laser hair removal to get the best results. The reason for follow-up sessions is that lasers work best on the hair in their inactive growth phase. Since each hair is in a different phase at the time of treatment, it requires another session to be removed.
While the number of sessions varies for each candidate, an average candidate requires about 6-8 sessions for the desired results. Each session is spaced 4-6 weeks apart, making the entire treatment last for as long as 9 months.
Aftercare for Laser Hair Removal
Candidates must follow some aftercare instructions after laser hair removal treatment. Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Avoid scratching the treatment area.
- Avoid using makeup on the treatment area immediately after the treatment
- Do not use tanning beds between the sessions.
- Avoid direct sunlight exposure for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen whenever going out in the sun.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to water for at least 2 days after the treatment.
- Do not use any other hair removal product for at least 2-3 months
- Use threading and waxing techniques to remove any hairs that may appear.
- Do not undergo any hair removal treatment for at least a year after this treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Results
Although the results of laser hair removal are long-lasting, they are not permanent, and desired results take multiple sessions. How long the effects last depend on several factors, such as the candidate’s skin color, hair color, location of hair removal, etc. Moreover, the size of the treatment area also affects the results. For instance, full-body laser hair removal results will take longer to show than a smaller area.
There are no severe laser hair removal side effects, except for minor discomfort, redness, swelling, burning sensations, etc. The dermatologist provides aftercare instructions to manage these side effects
Laser Hair Removal Results: Before and After Treatment
How much does laser hair removal cost?
The laser hair removal cost varies, depending on several cost-determining factors, including the skin tone, the color of the hair, size of the treatment area, number of sessions, etc.
The breakdown of the starting price of laser hair removal is as follows:
- Small body area laser hair removal price is 300 AED to 500 AED
- Medium body area laser hair removal price is 600 AED to 900 AED
- Large body area laser hair removal price is 1000 AED to 1200 AED
Typically, the starting price for full-body laser hair removal is 2500 AED to 3500 AED. However, to evaluate the exact cost for your treatment, consult with our experts at Euromed Clinic Center.
Machines Used for Laser Hair Removal Procedure
At Euromed Clinic Center, we use the latest and advanced laser hair removal machines for hair removal treatment. The two devices we use for laser hair removal treatment are:
- The world’s first mixed technology laser
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- Numerous spot sizes, including vascular hand-piece
- Quick treatment times
Candela GentleMax Pro
- The gold standard in laser hair removal
- Stable and long-term hair reduction
- Dual wavelengths and multiple spot sizes
- Quicker treatment times
Laser Hair Removal FAQ’s
Can we remove hair permanently by laser?
Although the results of laser hair removal are relatively long-lasting, they are not permanent. In order to maintain the effects of laser treatment, candidates will require follow-up sessions.
How long does hair laser removal last?
The longevity of laser hair removal results depends on several factors and varies from candidate to candidate. However, laser treatment results typically last for about 2 years after the procedure.
Does laser hair removal have side effects?
There are no severe laser hair removal complications, but candidates may experience minor side effects. These include redness, pain, swelling, burning sensation, hypersensitivity, etc.
Is laser hair removal painful?
The laser hair removal procedure is not painful. Most candidates explain the sensation as a rubber band snapping against the skin, but it is bearable.
Is laser hair removal worth the money?
Laser hair removal is a worthwhile treatment because it helps reduce excessive and unwanted facial and body hair. It also reduces future hair growth and saves us the trouble of waxing and plucking the hair every other day.
Book an appointment
If you want to end the daily, weekly, and monthly hair removal sessions, book an appointment at Euromed Clinic Center. Our team of board-certified dermatologists will ensure that you leave the clinic with flawless skin that will boost your self-confidence. So, don’t miss out on the opportunity to get silky smooth skin with Laser Hair Removal. You can schedule an appointment by filling in the online form. Moreover, you can give us a call or visit our clinic, and our staff representatives will guide you further.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more