LED light therapy is a non-invasive procedure to improve your appearance and treat various skin problems. Originally promoted as a treatment for wound healing in the 1990s, LED light therapy is now used to treat a wide range of skin issues. Skin specialists around the globe combine this treatment with other topical treatments to achieve several skin rejuvenation goals.
This skin rejuvenation treatment is based on four clinically proven wavelengths of UV LED lights:
These lights can be used individually or combined to boost collagen, eliminate acne-causing bacteria, and promote cellular regeneration.
Table of Contents
You are an ideal candidate for LED therapy if you:
- Have aging signs
- Have acne and acne scars
- Have dermatitis
- Have eczema
- Want to rejuvenate dull-looking skin
- Suffer from rosacea
- Want to remove redness and inflammation
- Want to prevent skin cancer
- Do not have any active rashes
- Are not hypersensitive to light
How Does LED Therapy Work?
LED light therapy uses specific light wavelengths – red, blue, and near-infrared – to deliver particular doses of energy to the skin. This energy stimulates cell receptors, increasing cellular activity. This, in turn, boosts collagen production and promotes cell renewal, improving skin plumpness and reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Each light used in LED light therapy targets a specific skin’s depth. For instance:
- Blue light is used to treat problems related to the uppermost skin layer.
- Yellow light targets a bit deeper than blue light.
- Red light penetrates a bit further than yellow light.
- Near-infrared light travels furthest into the skin’s depth.
Moreover, each type of LED light performs a different function, for example:
- Red LED light can help reduce inflammation in the skin and boost collagen, offering an anti-aging effect.
- Blue LED light may help eliminate p.acnes, aka acne-causing bacteria.
There are several LED Light Therapy benefits, including:
- Reduction of wrinkles and other aging signs
- Inflammation reduction
- Collagen boost to enhance skin firmness and youthfulness
- Treatment of several skin problems, including psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, acne, dermatitis, sun damage, and scarring
Cost of the Treatment
The cost of LED skin therapy in Dubai is not fixed as several variable factors influence the final price, including:
- The severity of the skin condition
- Treatment technique
- Type of LED light
- Number of sessions
- Dermatologist’s expertise
- Clinic’s location
If you want to find out the exact treatment cost in your case, consult our clinic.
How many LED Light Therapy treatments do I need for the best results?
Experts generally recommend a course of 6-8 LED light therapy sessions for long-term improved cellular function. These sessions are usually performed once or twice a week for optimal results.
How long does an LED treatment take?
On average, an LED light therapy session lasts 20 minutes. However, the treatment duration may vary for particular cases with specific requirements.
Is LED Therapy painful?
LED therapy is a non-invasive, painless treatment. You may experience some warmth, which is not uncomfortable.
Is there any downtime with the LED Light treatment?
There is no downtime associated with LED light therapy. You can resume your routine activities right after the procedure.
Consult an Expert
Rejuvenate your appearance with LED light therapy for your skin at Euromed Clinic in Dubai. Call us at +971 4 394 5422 or fill out the form below to book a consultation.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more