Lipotropic injections are a type of weight-loss treatment that uses supplements. The components of these injections may vary from clinic to clinic, but they mainly contain vitamin B-12, methionine, inositol, and choline. These injections can help lose fat, but they do not work alone. They work best when combined with regular exercise and a healthy, low-calorie diet.
Table of Contents
- 1 Candidacy Criteria
- 2 Pre-Procedure Care
- 3 Procedure
- 4 Post-Procedure Care
- 5 Recovery and Results
- 6 Lipotropic Injections Testimonial
- 7 Benefits
- 8 Cost of Lipotropic Injections
- 9 Lipotropic Injections FAQ’s
- 10 Consult an Expert
Anyone who wants to lose fat from the body is a candidate for lipotropic injections. However, an ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is obese and no dietary products seem to work for them
- Is above 18 in age
- Does not have any skin allergies
- Does not have loose skin
- Can endure multivitamins
- Wants to stimulate the rate of their metabolism
- Needs to lose body fat and gain lean muscle tissue
- Has realistic expectations from the treatment
Before the treatment starts, the patient will be required to follow some instructions to attain successful results without complications. While these instructions may differ for each individual, they are generally similar to the following:
- Before the treatment, candidates should make sure that the doctor has carefully reviewed their medical history. They should be aware of any allergies and reactions that the candidate’s body has shown previously for any treatment.
- Any anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen should be avoided at all costs. It is because anti-inflammatory drugs tend to thin the blood.
- Do not take any fat reduction treatments or weight loss programs before going for lipotropic injections.
The procedure for lipotropic injections is relatively similar to getting regular injections. In the areas containing subcutaneous fatty tissues, the supplement is inserted with the help of a syringe. The most commonly treated areas include:
The treatment area is marked before the injection, which is sterilized with alcohol along with the syringe’s needle. Once the patient has settled, the doctor will inject the supplement in the marked area using the needle at a 45 to 90-degree angle. It is essential to stay relaxed and calm to avoid pain and discomfort. It may however require about 3 to 4 sessions before the patient attains the desired results. The number of sessions needed varies from patient to patient.
Like other cosmetic treatments, lipotropic injections also require some aftercare for the skin to heal completely. Generally, the patient is advised to follow these instructions:
- Avoid wearing tightly fitted clothes for one to two weeks after the treatment.
- Only engage in light exercises like walking and running.
- Avoid strenuous activity for at least 14 days after the treatment.
- Do not expose the treated area directly to the sun. Use strong SPF sunblock lotion to avoid getting sunburns.
- If you feel anything irregular after the procedure, immediately consult your doctor.
- At least 2 follow-up sessions must be arranged after the treatment with the doctor.
Recovery and Results
First of all, the patient must keep realistic expectations with the treatment. Lipotropic injections cannot work miracles and make the patient slim overnight. Secondly, the recovery period after the procedure is usually 4 to 5 days. However, it can vary depending on the patient’s particular scenario.
The treatment results will not be instantly shown; instead, they take at least 14 days to become noticeable. In some cases, lipotropic injections may not work, so they cannot be solely relied on for weight loss. The patient must introduce healthier eating habits and regular exercise in their lifestyle for these injections to work.
Lipotropic Injections Testimonial
Lipotropic injections are becoming a popular weight loss treatment day by day. While it may not be the perfect solution for weight loss, it still has a lot of benefits, such as:
- Weight loss (better results can be achieved by introducing a healthy diet and regular exercise in the lifestyle)
- Detoxification of the liver
- Stimulated metabolism
- High energy levels
- Reduced restlessness
- Fat loss and muscle gain
- Improved sleeping patterns
Cost of Lipotropic Injections
Every clinic has a specific policy for determining the cost of lipotropic injections. Certain factors influence the cost of these injections, including:
- Severity of the skin condition
- Ingredients used in the injection
- Number of sessions
- Facility used for getting the injections
- Doctor’s expertise
- Geographical location
Due to these factors, the cost may vary from person to person. Moreover, some clinics also offer package deals where the injections are included in a weight loss program.
At Euromed Clinic Center, we also offer packages, but a single treatment price of lipotropic injections in Dubai starts from 450 AED.
Lipotropic Injections FAQ’s
What do lipotropic shots do?
Lipotropic injections are special supplements meant to speed up the weight loss process. These injections mainly contain vitamin B12, known for speeding up weight loss.
Do lipotropic injections suppress appetite?
Yes, lipotropic injections do suppress appetite. These injections do this by enhancing the liver and gallbladder’s performance to speed up metabolism and by reducing fat deposits.
Are B12 and lipotropic injections the same?
These two are interlinked but not the same. Lipotropic injections may or may not use vitamin B12 as there is no evidence that these vitamins help with weight loss.
How fast do you lose weight with lipotropic injections?
With one lipotropic shot every week, you will probably lose around 1-2 pounds per week. However, the actual weight that is lost depends on several factors.
How long does it take lipotropic injections to work?
Lipotropic injections immediately start the appetite suppressing and fat burning procedure after they are injected. You may notice visible results after 2-3 weeks of treatment.
Consult an Expert
Euromed Clinic Center offers lipotropic injections to the ideal candidates for fat loss and stimulating their metabolism. You can send us your questions online or visit our clinic. Please book a consultation with an expert professional at our clinic by filling in the required information in the given form. Our expert doctors will guide you and recommend the best treatment for all your weight-loss problems. If you have any queries about lipotropic injections, please contact us.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Dalya Sager is a DHA-licensed Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction and former owner of a successful skin health clinic in the UK. Having worked in the healthcare industry for more than 20 years, Sager comes with a wealth of clinical expertise.Read more
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more