Melasma is a skin disorder in which the skin tends to decolorize, especially in the facial area. This condition is most common in women, and 80% of women are sufferers of melasma. It is sometimes also known as hyperpigmentation. Generally, it occurs when the concentration of melanin increases in the skin. If you are also suffering from melasma or hyperpigmentation, consider Melasma Treatment in Dubai. Different treatment techniques are available for treating melasma and hyperpigmentation. However, only an expert dermatologist can determine which approach suits each candidate the best.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes of Melasma/Hyperpigmentation
- 2 Protection Against Melasma/Hyperpigmentation
- 3 Aim of the Treatment
- 4 Candidacy Criteria
- 5 Machine We Use
- 6 Pre-Procedure Care
- 7 Treatment Techniques
- 8 Post-Procedure Care
- 9 Recovery and Results
- 10 Benefits
- 11 Cost of the Treatment
- 12 Consultation
Causes of Melasma/Hyperpigmentation
The primary cause of skin discoloration is prolonged exposure to the sun. Individuals suffering from melasma or hyper-pigmentation have brown spots on their skin, especially facial skin. As it is caused by the heat of the sun, this skin discoloration commonly happens in summer.
Before undergoing Skin Discoloration Treatment, it is essential to determine its causes. Some factors that can play a part in causing melasma are as follows:
- Prolonged exposure to the sun
- Hormone changes in young adults
- Birth control pills
- Thyroid disorders
- People working in factories and industries
- Unsuitable or low-quality skin products
Protection Against Melasma/Hyperpigmentation
It is possible to prevent melasma or hyperpigmentation from occurring in the first place. Some practical prevention tips are as follows:
- Abstain from unnecessary sun exposure, especially in summers.
- Use sunshade or sunscreen when going out in the sun.
- Women who wear makeup can select from wide variety of SPF creams to protect their facial skin from the sun.
- Use umbrellas or wide-brimmed hats to avoid direct sun exposure.
Aim of the Treatment
The Melasma Treatment in Dubai aims to:
- Eliminate dark spots
- Remove sun spots and age spots
- Treat melasma
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
- Reduce freckles and blemishes
- Restore natural skin tone
- Improve skin tone and texture
Generally, anyone can benefit from melasma treatment if they suffer from skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation. You are an ideal candidate for Laser Melasma Treatment if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Suffer from skin discoloration due to melasma
- Have freckles or blemishes
- Suffer from albinism
- Are a victim of vitiligo
- Have sun-damaged skin
- Are in the overall good physical health
- Have realistic expectations with the treatment
Machine We Use
We use the Medica PICO Laser for Laser Melasma Treatment at the Euromed Clinic Center in Dubai.
Although it is not a surgical procedure, candidates still have to follow some pre-procedure instructions for optimum results. Some general instructions are as follows:
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Use sunscreen whenever going out.
- Wear a hat or use an umbrella to avoid direct sun exposure.
- Do not use skin tanning products while preparing yourself for melasma treatment.
- In place of usual makeup, use only prescribed facial products.
- Stop using products with Retin A in them.
As far as effective Skin Discoloration Treatment is concerned, the following are the best available options:
The easiest way of getting rid of melasma/hyperpigmentation is using topical creams. However, these creams are only effective on initial stage pigmentation. So, use ointments containing hydroquinone, azelaic acid, and kojic acid. These ointments help slow down the production of melanin and improve skin tone. The only downside is that they require consistency, and candidates have to use them for a long time.
They are acidic arrangements that are connected to the skin to resurface it. Usually, 2-3 treatments are enough to eliminate pigmented buildups and expel the undesirable spots. This melasma treatment has minor side effects and no downtime. It enhances existing collagen in the skin and stimulates new collagen generation.
It works by peeling the skin with the assistance of tiny crystals. A couple of sessions of this minimally invasive treatment are required to get the desired results. Generally, side effects are negligible, and there is no downtime at all.
Pico Genesis laser treatment is the most effective laser melasma treatment. The heat generated by lasers warms up the melasma signs and causes them to break. Ultimately, the body eliminates them naturally through the lymphatic system.
Intense Pulse Light Therapy
IPL is non-invasive and generally pain-free. During the treatment, an expert uses broad-spectrum light in particular wavelengths. This light breaks down the accumulated melanin substances into smaller ones. The body would then evacuate these bits effortlessly.
Careful handling of the treatment areas is essential for getting the desired results and avoiding any complications. Some general aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Immediately after the treatment, apply the anti-infection balm prescribed by the specialist.
- Use ice packs to limit any redness, swelling, or tingling in the treated zones.
- Try not to rub the treatment site for seven days after the treatment.
- Apply a generous amount of sunscreen to the face before going out in the daytime.
- Try not to pick or scratch at the scab that forms after melasma treatment.
Recovery and Results
Laser treatment offers an instant improvement after the procedure. Generally, candidates can start noticing the final results after one month of the treatment. However, if you don’t get the desired results with a single treatment, you can opt for multiple sessions for better results. Usually, 4-6 sessions, each session a month apart, are enough to get the desired results.
There are numerous benefits of Laser Melasma Treatment. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- The procedure is non-surgical and non-invasive.
- It provides an immediate enhancement in the complexion.
- There is no downtime after the procedure.
- The treatment has no severe side effects.
- The procedure is virtually pain-free and gives instant results.
Cost of the Treatment
The price of Laser Melasma Treatment varies from patient to patient due to several variable factors. Generally, the following cost-determinants influence the final cost:
- The severity of the skin condition
- Treatment technique
- Number of sessions
- Practitioner’s expertise and qualification
- Clinic’s geographical location and reputation
- Desired results
While it has no fixed price, the average starting price of Melasma Treatment in Dubai is 1000 AED.
To learn more about Melasma Treatments, schedule a meeting with our specialists by filling the online form. Besides, you can give us a call or visit our clinic to get in touch with our specialists. They will guide you and help you choose the best treatment.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more