Microneedling is a cosmetic treatment involving the use of sterilized fine needles to make tiny punctures in the skin. These punctures induce controlled inflammation to trigger a healing response that boosts collagen and elastin production, helping you to achieve a firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin appearance. Microneedling is also referred to as collagen induction therapy (CID).
Microneedling can help address various skin problems, such as wrinkles, fine lines, scarring, and uneven skin tone.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is a Good Candidate for Microneedling?
- 2 Microneedling Targeted Areas
- 3 How does Microneedling work?
- 4 Microneedling Benefits
- 5 What are the Side Effects of Microneedling?
- 6 How much does Microneedling Cost in Dubai?
- 7 How long does microneedling treatment last?
- 8 Are micro-needling results permanent?
- 9 Is Microneedling painful?
- 10 What is the recovery time for microneedling?
- 11 What’s better, microneedling or chemical peel?
- 12 Consult our Dermatologists
Who is a Good Candidate for Microneedling?
Microneedling is suitable for individuals who want to treat wrinkles, scars, or hyperpigmentation. It is best to consult with your doctor to discuss candidacy criteria for this treatment. Generally, a good candidate for this treatment is a person who;
- Is overall healthy
- Has realistic expectations of the procedure
- Has mild to moderate skin problems
- Is ready to ensure proper skincare to uphold the treatment results
Microneedling Targeted Areas
While microneedling is used for facial rejuvenation in most cases, it can also help treat skin problems in several other body areas. Those may include:
- Forehead wrinkles
- Sagging skin on the neck
- Laugh lines – lines that form around the mouth
- Crow’s feet – fine lines around the eyes
- Age spots on the hands
How does Microneedling work?
During a microneedling procedure, a cosmetician uses a handheld device – a derma-roller or derma-pen – across the treatment area. This device has fine microneedles that penetrate the skin to create tiny punctures. The depth of these punctures can be adjusted depending on the specific treatment goals.
The purpose of creating these micro-punctures is to trigger a healing response that lasts a few days after the microneedling procedure. This response accelerates collagen and elastin production, which promotes skin tightening, improves complexion, and helps achieve various rejuvenation goals.
Microneedling offers numerous benefits, some of which are discussed below:
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is effective in reducing the appearance of rosacea.
- It rejuvenates the skin without causing discoloration.
- It is suitable for all skin tones.
- It helps shrink the large skin pores and fights sag.
- You can get rid of various types of scarring and sunspots.
What are the Side Effects of Microneedling?
Overall, microneedling is a safe treatment but may carry the risk of a few side effects. Even most of these side effects are mild and not a cause of concern.
Some possible side effects of microneedling are mentioned below:
- It doesn’t offer quick results: Microneedling fundamentally triggers a natural healing response that stimulates collagen and elastin production. It may take some time to have a visible difference in your appearance. Moreover, you may need a few treatments to get the desired results.
- Redness and discomfort: You may experience minor pain and some redness in the treated region for some days.
- Peeling: You may notice skin flaking in the treated region as it heals.
- Scarring: Microneedling is generally not recommended for skin areas affected by scars and keloids that appear like large bubbles. It could make those scars more prominent.
How much does Microneedling Cost in Dubai?
The starting cost of Microneedling in Dubai is 1000 AED per session. The price of this treatment can vary from patient to patient depending on the following factors:
- The patient’s skin type
- The severity of the problem
- The number of sessions required
- The location of the clinic
- The expertise of the dermatologist
How long does microneedling treatment last?
The results of microneedling can last from three to five months. Therefore, the patients must schedule follow-up treatments twice a year to maintain the results. In addition, you have to take good care of your skin to retain the effects.
Are micro-needling results permanent?
No, the results of microneedling are not permanent. They only last for 3 to 5 months.
Is Microneedling painful?
Microneedling is not an overly painful treatment or an entirely pain-free treatment. You will experience minor discomfort due to needle pricking, but it will be well within your pain threshold.
What is the recovery time for microneedling?
It can take around 2 to 3 days to recover after microneedling. Your skin will look red during the initial 24 hours after the treatment. Also, there will be some swelling. However, there is no downtime, and you can resume your everyday activities soon after the procedure.
What’s better, microneedling or chemical peel?
Microneedling and chemical peels both treat a variety of skin conditions. Chemical peels treat surface damage by removing the affected skin layer. However, microneedling induces the skin’s healing process and repairs the damage by producing more collagen. Both are effective treatments, but your dermatologist can tell you which is better according to your skin condition.
Consult our Dermatologists
EuroMed Clinic is one of the top-rated medical-cosmetic facilities where you can get these treatments from the hands of highly skilled cosmeticians and medical experts. For more information, call us at +971 4 394 5422. You can also book a consultation online using the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
Dr. Benjamin HansonPhysician Consultant Family Medicine
Dr. Benjamin Hanson is a board-certified and DHA-licensed consultant physician having 26+ years of experience. Moreover, he is an authorized Recreational Diving Medical Examiner and CASA Aviation Medical Examiner.Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi MDPhysician Specialist Dermatology
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi has been in the field of dermatology since 2003. She is a DHA-licensed dermatologist specializing in advanced laser techniques, Botox, PRP therapy, rosacea treatment, etc.Read more
Lola Ali MuhammadAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Lola Ali Muhammad is a DHA-licensed laser and beauty therapist having more than 20 years of experience. She is highly experienced in anti-aging medicine, bio-revitalization, cellulite removal treatments, etc.Read more
Dalya SagerAllied Health Technician Laser Hair ReductionRead more
Joyce Ann CasilangAllied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more