Micro-needling, sometimes called as percutaneous collagen induction is a popular non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatment. The therapy is ideal for treating several skin concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, surgical scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, sun damaged skin, and pores.
Who is the Candidate?
Individuals who are seeking for an effective non-invasive skin rejuvenation are eligible to undergo the micro-needling with PRP therapy. However, you are an ideal candidate if:
- You are having fine lines and wrinkles on your skin
- You are suffering from surgical scars and stretch marks
- You have a sun damaged skin
- You are a sufferer of uneven and pigmented skin
- Your skin is not sensitive and unable to undergo a surgical treatment
- You are willing for a non-surgical solution for your skin concerns
- You are well aware of the treatment and have realistic expectations from the procedure
Since it is a simple and straightforward procedure, you don’t need to take extra steps to prepare yourself for the procedure. Here are few tips on how to prepare yourself for the micro-needling PRP therapy.
- Avoid wearing makeup for a week before the treatment
- Abstain from smoking and alcohol consumption for few days
- Apply only the prescribed topical ointments
- Avoid sun exposure and do not use tanning products for 2-3 weeks before the procedure
- If it is necessary to go out in sun, use sun shade or sunblocks.
How to Perform?
The procedure is a non-invasive and easy to perform that requires only 30-40 minutes to complete.
- The procedure starts with the therapist applying a numbing cream on the surface of the body to avoid any discomfort during the procedure.
- Then the clinician takes out a sample of blood from your body to collect PRP.
- The micro-needling is begun and is trailed by PRP which can saturate the punctures made by the needling
- PRP reaches out to all the areas
- The procedure lasts for 30-60 minutes
Here are the guidelines on how to care for your treated areas about the procedure to get the maximum outcomes from the treatment.
- Use some cold compressions to encounter any redness and swelling
- Avoid washing the treated areas for 6-8 hours after the procedure
- Do not go into the sun or use sunshade if necessary
- You can resume your routine non-strenuous activities. However, it’s recommended to not indulge yourself in hard and strenuous exercises.
It takes 10 to 15 days to completely recover from the wounds and incisions. The required recovery time varies from a patient to patient depending on the severity of the case.
The micro-needling with PRP treatment is completely a natural procedure and produces natural-looking outcomes. The PRP is taken from your own body and does not include any chemicals, so there are fewer chances of any side effects.
- PRP can accelerate the skin’s repair procedure and the smaller scale wounds set aside lesser opportunity to die down.
- The development factors that are available in the PRP help in a more noteworthy generation of elastin and collagen, two auxiliary proteins needed for skin’s growth.
- A stamped change in the surface of the skin can be seen because of the treatment.
- Since the blood is drawn from the patient and utilized on him or her, the risk of hypersensitive reaction is eliminated.
Why PRP micro-needling over traditional micro-needling?
The micro-needling with PRP therapy helps to enhance the outcomes of the micro-needling procedure. It has increased the collagen production in the body by a natural process. It includes extra growth factors in the fluid that is injected through micro-needling method.
Are There any Side-effects?
You may observe slight redness and swell right after the procedure. These side effects normally subside in 2-3 days. Moreover, in some cases, you may feel discomfort, irritation, and bruise at the treated areas for few days.
Results of Micro-Needling?
Numerous patients start to get outcomes about inside an initial couple of days after their underlying treatment. Results will keep on becoming obvious throughout the following a half year as your body’s common collagen generation proceeds. Final outcomes are generally observed at the half year point.
If you are seeking the best non-invasive treatment for your skin rejuvenation, micro-needling with PRP therapy in Dubai is the one. You just need to fill an online consultation form and we will contact you shortly after that.
Check Out Our Specialist’s Profile
Aesthetic and Family Medicine Consultant Dr. Ben is a highly trained and internationally experienced and ethical Aesthetic and Cosmetic Physician. He is a Board-Certified and a Member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM). He is a member of the prestigious Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine. He is skilled at minimally invasive aesthetic procedures to restore and rejuvenate the face and body. His aesthetic goal is to obtain natural and elegant results for women and men, using the latest techniques from Europe, Australasia, and North America. He is very experienced in: Chemical peels Muscle-relaxing…Read more
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi is a highly experienced dermatologist, a pioneer in the use of advanced laser treatments in Pakistan, and a doctorate in medicine. Dr. Abbasi has garnered a distinct reputation as a celebrity dermatologist and aesthetic skin specialist. She brings prestige with her name and is sought by those who do not settle for less. Her techniques are revolutionary in anti-aging treatments. She is the most sought-after doctor for her artistically performed Botox and Filler procedures. Moreover, she is also known for coining the term, DFA Signature Liquid Face Sculpting. Dr. Abbasi has been…Read more
With more than 20 years of experience in aesthetic medicine, Lola has carved a reputation as one of the best laser therapists and anti-aging experts in the Middle East and Europe. After completing a six-year doctorate as an Obstetrician-Gynecologist at Almaty, Kazakhstan State Medical University, Lola’s interest turned to aesthetic medicine, which led to her pursuing more studies in this area at the prestigious “Education Centre Elida” in Moscow. With her medical degree and her qualifications in aesthetics, Lola decided to gain more training in mass cosmetics and skincare treatments; undertaking courses in Paris, New…Read more
Dalya Sager is a licensed skin laser specialist. Having worked in the healthcare industry for more than 20 years, Dalya comes with a wealth of clinical expertise. A licensed skin laser specialist and former owner of a successful skin health clinic in the UK. She began her career after the completion of both a BSc In Human Genetics at UCL and MSc in Medical Biochemistry, working in laboratories of London hospitals and well respected and pioneering research institution before transitioning into the dermatology division an established pharmaceutical company where her interest in skin began. In…Read more
Joyce Ann Mendoza is a very capable and accomplished laser skin therapist. She is known for her remarkable skill with the latest laser tech and other modern clinical procedures. Joyce started her professional career as a licensed nurse in the Philippines. She practiced nursing for many years but never did settle for that. After moving to the UAE, she fell in love with Cosmetology as she was always passionate about body aesthetic procedures. After completing her laser competence course from the Institute of Medical Aesthetics Mendoza started off as a laser therapist. In no time…Read more