What is Eyebrow Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique for enhancing eyebrows. This procedure uses a small handheld tool that creates tiny, hair-like strokes in the eyebrow area. And while doing so, this tool implants ink into each stroke. This ink settles into the superficial skin layer, creating the appearance of eyebrow hair. This treatment is perfect for overly tweezers or thin eyebrows.
Eyebrow microblading is also called eyebrow feathering or embroidery.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Eyebrow Microblading?
Microblading creates a naturally hairy appearance in the area. For this reason, this procedure is suitable for someone who has lost hair in the eyebrows. People with the following conditions can be considered ideal candidates for eyebrow microblading:
- Eyebrows that are over-plucked
- Asymmetrical eyebrows
- People suffering from alopecia
- Patients who have undergone chemotherapy
Who should not get eyebrow microblading?
Some people may not be the best candidates for this procedure due to some contraindications. They include:
- Individuals with redness in the facial area
- People who are prone to keloids
- People affected by diseases that can be transferred through blood transfusions, such as HIV or hepatitis
- Individuals with auto-immune disorders
- People who have had Botox or filler treatment in the brow area
- People affected by skin conditions near eyebrows, such as shingles, rashes, and eczema
- Pregnant or nursing women
Microblading is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure involving tiny needles to create hair-like strokes in the eyebrow area and transferring ink into those strokes to create hair-like tattoos. This procedure doesn’t cause significant pain, but your practitioner may use a topical anaesthetic to numb the treatment area.
The step-by-step microblading procedure is as follows:
- Before starting the procedure, the dermatologist will draw the desired eyebrow shape with a pencil.
- After finalising the eyebrow shape, they will apply an anaesthetic cream to the treatment area.
- Once the site is numb, they will use the tiny needles of the handheld microneedling tool to draw thin, hair-like strokes.
- After creating the strokes, they will insert the pigment into the epidermis. The candidate and dermatologist decide on the colour in advance.
Effective aftercare helps ensure the optimal outcome of microblading treatment. Here are a few instructions you must follow after microblading treatment.
- Keep the treated area dry and clean.
- Do not pick at or rub the brow area for up to ten days or until your doctor suggests.
- Avoid any harsh skin treatments or products.
- Avoid wearing makeup for a week.
The results will become visible after one microblading session, but candidates may need to undergo another session to achieve their desired results. The results are natural-looking as each hair stroke is drawn according to the brows’ natural shape.
Although the results are excellent, they are temporary, lasting 18-30 months. Factors influencing the longevity of treatment results include the type of skin, type of pigment, treatment technique, etc.
Microblading Treatment Results: Before and After
How Much Does Eyebrow Microblading Cost?
The average cost of eyebrow microblading in Dubai is 2000 AED. However, the exact price of the treatment may vary from person to person depending on the following factors:
- The amount of hair loss in the eyebrow area
- The location of the treatment facility
- The expertise of the practitioner
Is Eyebrow Microblading Permanent?
Microblading is not a permanent treatment; instead, it is a semi-permanent makeup technique for enhancing eyebrows. The results of this treatment can last anywhere between 18-30 months.
How Painful is Microblading?
Microblading may cause mild pain in the eyebrows because it uses tiny needles to create hair-like strokes and inject pigment. Your dermatologist may use an anaesthetic cream to make the procedure completely painless. They may also prescribe painkillers to relieve pain after the treatment.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
Since each candidate’s requirements can be different, the treatment duration may vary from person to person.Typically, a microblading session lasts for about 2-3 hours, depending on the individual.
How Long Does it Take to Heal?
While minor swelling and other related issues will subside within a few hours, the eyebrows will completely heal in 3-4 weeks.
How Many Sessions are Needed?
Generally, 2 to 3 eyebrow microblading sessions are enough to get the desired results. These sessions are spaced at least a-8 weeks apart.
Book an Appointment
Euromed Clinic is a top-rated medical cosmetic facility in Dubai, offering quality treatments, including microblading. For more information, call us at +971 4 394 5422 or fill out the form below.
Check Out Our Specialists Profiles
- Allied Health Technician Laser Hair Reduction
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more