A nose thread lift is a non-surgical nose augmentation treatment. It is commonly referred to as an alternative to rhinoplasty or surgical nose job, the treatment that has been a preferred option for nose contouring and reshaping for a long time. However, many people do not want to go under the knife to reshape their noses. A nose thread lift is a suitable option for such people.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a nose thread lift?
- 2 Who is a good candidate for nose thread lift?
- 3 Nose Thread Lift Procedure
- 4 Nose Thread Lift Benefits
- 5 How long can nose thread lift last?
- 6 What can I expect after a nose thread lift?
- 7 Side Effects
- 8 Nose Thread Lift FAQs
- 9 Book a Consultation
What is a nose thread lift?
Nose thread lift treatment has emerged as a viable and one of the most effective methods to improve facial aesthetics in recent times. This treatment involves using fine strings – mainly polydioxanone (PDO) threads – to bring an instant change to your nasal appearance. The PDO threads are biocompatible and absorbable threads that get dissolved after a few months of their insertion under the skin. On top of that, these threads stimulate collagen and elastin production, resulting in firmer and more youthful-looking nasal skin.
Who is a good candidate for nose thread lift?
People showing signs of mild facial aging are generally good candidates for a nose thread lift. These signs usually include wrinkles or fine lines around the nose and mouth and skin laxity. In most cases, candidates for this treatment are between 30 and 35.
The skin expert will determine whether or not you are the right candidate for a nose thread lift. They will examine your nasal structure and skin during this appointment and tell you if you are all set for the treatment. People who are underweight or have excessively loose skin are generally not good candidates for a nose thread lift.
Nose Thread Lift Procedure
A nose thread lift is a minimally invasive non-surgical nose reshaping procedure and is often referred to as a ‘lunchtime nose job’ due to its shorter duration. In general, this procedure takes about an hour to complete.
This procedure is performed under local anesthesia. After ensuring that the anesthetic solution has come into effect, the surgeon begins the process.
Here is how a typical nose thread lift procedure works.
- The first aspect of this treatment is mechanical lifting, which involves placing a PDO thread horizontally along the nose bridge and then vertically into the tip of the nose. The thread placed vertically into the nose is passed across the base of the nose. When inserted under the nasal skin, these threads produce an instant and visible nose lift.
- The second aspect of this treatment is biomechanical lifting, which is associated with the skin’s natural response when PDO threads dissolve. This response is mainly characterized by collagen production, making the nose-lifting effect longer-lasting.
The number of threads required for scaffolding the nose will depend on the current nasal structure and the amount of correction needed.
Nose Thread Lift Benefits
Here are the key benefits of a nose thread lift.
- This treatment is excellent if you want a temporary change in your nose shape. Another benefit of the temporariness of this procedure is that you won’t have to live with its results for a lifetime if you are not happy with the outcome.
- You will have a more aligned nose tip and bridge.
- The cost of a nose thread lift is significantly lower than rhinoplasty.
- This treatment results in little to no downtime.
- You will notice immediate results.
How long can nose thread lift last?
The results of a nose thread lift last a year or two. You can extend these results further by repeating the treatment after nine months. Moreover, collagen stimulation brings a longer-lasting change in your nasal appearance.
What can I expect after a nose thread lift?
Expect some bruising and swelling in the treated area for a week. Initially, there will be some discomfort, which will subside along with the swelling. You may return to your work or resume other routine activities right after the procedure.
Side effects of a nose thread lift are minimal and are not to worry about. Here is a quick overview of the complications associated with this treatment.
- There will be a stinging sensation when the surgeon administers local anesthesia through a syringe. After that, you won’t feel anything throughout the procedure.
- After the threads are placed, you will feel tightness in the treated area. There will also be some soreness in this area. Both these side effects diminish over a few days.
Nose Thread Lift FAQs
Is nose thread lift permanent?
No, a nose thread lift is not a permanent nose sculpt treatment. However, its results may last as long as two years.
Are PDO nose threads safe?
Yes, PDO nose threads are generally safe. According to a study, these threads help reshape your nose without putting you at the risk of significant side effects or complications.
Does nose thread lift hurt?
A nose thread lift won’t hurt as the treatment area will be under the influence of local anesthesia. You will, however, feel some pain when the effect of anesthesia wears off. This pain or discomfort is usually too insignificant to interfere with your routine activities.
Does nose thread dissolve?
Yes, a nose thread dissolves under the skin in nine months.
Can PDO threads make the nose smaller?
No, a PDO thread won’t reduce the size of your nose. However, this reshaping procedure can create an illusion of a smaller nose.
Book a Consultation
A nose thread lift is a viable alternative to rhinoplasty if you want to reshape your nose without going under the knife. At Euromed Clinic, you can get this treatment from the hands of highly experienced practitioners. For more information or to book a consultation, fill out the form below.