Acne is an unpleasant skin problem affecting millions of people worldwide. It is usually caused when skin pores are blocked with bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells. Severe facial acne does not only look unpleasant but can also cause pain and discomfort. We may pick acne spots due to irritation, which leads to the formation of acne scars that are hard to eliminate without proper treatment. Fortunately, Euromed Clinic Center offers Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars – a highly effective treatment to get rid of stubborn acne scars.
Table of Contents
What is Radio Frequency for Acne Scars?
Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars is a non-invasive and non-surgical treatment for facial skin resurfacing and rejuvenation. It uses high-frequency radio waves instead of a laser, penetrating deep into the skin and healing the skin tissue from the inside. As a result, collagen and elastin production is stimulated, helping rejuvenate the skin and fill acne scars naturally. This treatment is an excellent option for removing acne scars as well as treating other skin problems.
Although Radio Frequency Treatment is commonly used for treating facial acne scars, it can also treat acne scars on the following body parts:
Aim of the Treatment
The Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars aims to:
- Remove acne scars
- Tighten the saggy skin
- Promote wound healing
- Stimulate collagen and elastin production
- Shrink large pores
- Improve overall facial skin texture
- Improve textural irregularities
Since Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars is non-surgical, anyone can be a candidate. However, a general criterion needs to be fulfilled before anyone becomes a candidate.
An ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is above 18 (unless it is a case of teenage acne)
- Has acne scars but no active acne
- Wants to improve their overall facial appearance
- Seeks a non-surgical and non-invasive acne scar removal treatment
- Has good physical and mental health
- Has realistic expectations from the procedure
Most practitioners provide patients with pre-procedural instructions before Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars.
Some general preparation guidelines for acne scar removal treatment are as follows:
- Apply sunscreen whenever going outdoors.
- Avoid taking any blood-thinning medications before treatment.
- Discuss any allergies or medical conditions with the practitioner before the treatment.
- Remove all makeup or skin products before going for the treatment.
The Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars is a non-invasive procedure; therefore, patients do not require general anesthesia. Some patients may need topical anesthesia or numbing creams to make the procedure even more comfortable.
The practitioner uses a specialized device for directing high-frequency radio waves to the skin during the procedure. These waves break the scar tissue from the inside but do not damage the surrounding or outer skin. Besides, the heat from the waves stimulates collagen and elastin production, which helps in skin resurfacing.
Results and Recovery
Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars delivers exceptional results. However, multiple sessions are needed for the desired results. Usually, it takes 3-5 sessions to remove acne scars from the face altogether. However, the number of sessions required depends on the severity of scarring.
Generally, the results start appearing after one session, but the complete results take some time to appear.
Radio Frequency for acne scars has several benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- The procedure is non-surgical and non-invasive.
- It is a virtually painless procedure.
- The treatment is suitable for all skin types and tones.
- It does not require any anesthesia.
- The results are immediate and obvious.
- There is no extensive recovery period.
- It doesn’t cause any severe side effects.
Cost of Radio Frequency Treatment
The cost of Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars depends on several factors which include:
- Practitioner’s expertise
- Clinic’s geographical location
- Type of skin
- Severity and age of acne scars
- Number of sessions required
- Candidate’s desired results
To get the exact cost for your case, you should consult an expert.
Consult an Expert
To undergo Radio Frequency Treatment for acne scars, candidates must consult an expert. At Euromed Clinic Center, we have several expert dermatologists and surgeons available for an initial consultation. So, please schedule an appointment with one of our experts TODAY by filling the online form or giving us a call.
Check Out Our Specialists Profile
- Laser and Skin Therapist
Joyce Ann Casilang is an expert laser technician with years of professional experience. She is a DHA-licensed aesthetic laser technician specializing in different laser treatments like tattoo removal, hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, etc.Read more